Chapter 4 (Getting to Know Her)

Andrei's Pov:

I can't help myself to stay tranquil while I'm looking with Cley. He look so miserable. And I know why. His mate was really hard to deal with.

She's beyond Cley's control.
I've known Cley for a long time. We've grown up together in a pack house and we treat each other like we're real brothers.

Both our parents was the leader of our pack. They have a strong bond, that's why no one ever succeeded to defeat our pack. We're still the number one pack in the continent of North America.

His father was the Alpha while mine is Beta. Cley is a good friend of mine. I just want all the best for him. I want him to feel happy and contended about everything.

But right now, by just looking at him, I know that he's really bleak. He's recumbent on his bed, staring at the ceiling as if that can solve his problem.

After what happened earlier during our class, I mean after an encounter with his mate, he's too silent and I don't know how to approach him. But I want to help, no matter what.

"Hey, bro. Wanna go outside?" I said.

"Where?" He replied.

"Restaurant? I'm craving for steaks. " I said. Leslie said there's a restaurant here that serves perfect steaks.

"Sounds good. Me too. I think I need a lot of steak right now. I'm so depressed." He said.

"I know right. Let's go."

While on our way to the restaurant, Cley still unapproachable. What if I told him that Berlyn is working on that restaurant?

Of course it's Leslie again who told me that Berlyn is working there as a part timer. Leslie and I were that close, you know. She's nice to me and I don't know, maybe she has a little bit crush on me.

I'm sure if he knew, he's going to change his mood. But of course, I won't tell him right away. I want him to be surprised.

"What's your plan about Berlyn?"
I asked.

"I don't know, bro. I don't know where to start. I want to see her, to be with her. But how? I don't even know where she lived. I want to know what she's doing right now. It's really hard for me to be far away with her. I think I'm gonna be crazy. I've already missed her." he said.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure she feel it too. The needs, the longing. The way how you feel about her. Maybe both of you need some times try to get to know each other. I'm sure she feel the same way but she didn't know how to express it correctly." I said.

"I really want to know all about her but she's keep on avoiding me. And worst ignore my presence." He said hopelessly.

"You know what, that's beyond what I'm expecting to happen between you and Berlyn, bro. It seems like she had a strong personality. She knows how to handle herself very well, most specially when it comes to her feelings. That's extra ordinary. I didn't saw anyone in our pack having that character. She's tough and brave at the same time." I concluded.

"You think so? Well, I guess I'm the luckiest if I have her." He said.

"Yes, you are. So, don't give up on her, okay? I know you can do it. Not only for your self but also for the next generation of our pack." I said.

"Yeah. You're right. Thanks, bro." He said.

Now, I'm glad that I able to enlighten his mind. And I'm sure, with my tips and advice, he can handle her this time.

Berlyn's Pov:

I'm here in Halder Italian Restaurant for my part time job. After class, I've already go straight in here. I've started working here since I was fourteen.