Chapter 27 ( Hot and Cold )

Berlyn's Pov:

It's been a month since that incident in Forks Cemetery happened. I still remember what happened exactly. You know, when I find out that Abby's behind those attacked, that killed the guard and that woman for her own selfish reason. 

How she attacked my friends and I. How she made up a reversed story and make us the one whose behind those attacked. The way Cley and his friends believed her. How Cley fasten me on that silver chain and dragged me to the dungeon.

Well, I'll stay there for almost a week together with Leslie and Roseshell. Roseshell's dad was so furious for what she did. And of, we can't even defend ourselves that time. All of them considered me as the master mind of that attack and we didn't have a chance to correct it.

I'm just thankful that mom and dad able to make a settlement to Alpha Wyne, that's why they set us free. I don't know what's their agreement all about. I don't care too. I've been grounded since then. Mom didn't allowed me to go somewhere if it's not important or without her.

I've been staying on my room the whole day. I'm not even allowed to talked to Roseshell and Leslie coz they were thinking that were going to maked stupid things again which we didn't even done! Of course, they really believed that Abby. That psychotic vampire!

Since that happened, I don't know what to feel exactly. I'm mad. I hate them all! I know that Roseshell and Leslie feel the same way too. I'm worried about Leslie. I'm sure she's serious when she swear that she's going to reject the bond between her and Andrei. And I don't know what should I feel about Cley.

I know there's something between us that I can't denied just like on my dreams, but with what happened that night on Forks Cemetery, I don't know if I'll be able to looked at him again without feeling hatred and animosity. I don't want to see him again. I don't want to get hurt again.

I've already decided to forget all about him. About that dream of mine. I'm going to forget everything as if he didn't exist in my life. I want to start something new. My heart already suffered too much, and that's enough for me to stop this nonsense feelings towards him.

It's better to end it now, when there's nothing to be broken apart much, than to continuously hoping that someday, everything will be ended perfectly, when I know that it's impossible to happen. We are really impossible to be together here in real life. I'm sure about it.

And I'm sure he didn't feel the same way. I'm the only one whose holding on to that dream. So, I'd better stop now. I have to stop now...

"Berlyn, wake up. It's Monday. You need to attend your classes." Mom said when she entered my room.

Yeah, it's my first day in DVU as a senior high now. I'm not excited at all. Just thinking that I'll be able to see him there? And then Abby? At this moment, I've already imagined how bored am I this whole school year.

"What's wrong, Berlyn? Somethings bothering you?" Mom asked.

"Nothing, mom. I'll just take a shower." I said plainly.

"If you have a problem, you can tell me. I'm here to listen." She said again.

Really mom? Are you really there for me to listen? But why you didn't listen to me that time? That time when I needed you most? That hurts, you know. That you choosed to believed that Cley and Abby instead of me.

I feel like I've been left out. I'm on that situation because I want to change my parents fate. I don't want them to die. I've already lost them on my dreams. And I don't want to lose them again in real life. I'm just glad that I made a right decision that time.