Chapter 40 ( Trust Issues )

Berlyn's Pov:

This is the first week that Cley wouldn't be able to attend classes on DVU ever again. I'm not use to it. I'am used to see him inside the campus and on our classroom every Monday to Friday.

And now that he already decided to stop attending classes, i feel a little bit agitated. I missed him already. Eventhough he said that he's going to pick me up everyday before and after school, I think it's not enough.

After what happened between us that night, he asked me if I wanted to live with him in the pack house so that we can live together since then, but I refused for now.

Im not yet ready to leaved my mom and dad alone. God knows how I really wanted to live with him in the pack house, but whenever I think about mom and dad, wake up every morning with a new surroundings and new creature that I needed to mingle with, I've hesitated.

I'm still studying. I'm not even finished my senior high! After senior high, I wanted to finish college also and find work. After that, maybe I can leave my parents then and I'm already prepared to live with him.

He didn't like the idea at first. He's so persistent that we'd better live together now, but I did my best to make him understand my point. We've got argued about it, but in the end, he respected my decision.

Even he didn't like the idea, he doesn't forced me to agree with what he really wanted. I thought it would be easy for me not seeing him everyday coz I can focus on my studies but I'am wrong.

Every passing day, he's always lingering on my mind. I've always find myself just staring at his favorite seat on our classroom. I'm always distracted and pre- occupied by him.

Wondering what is he doing on the pack house. Is he always safe? Is he also thinking about me? Jeez! I'm going to be crazy here! Wherever I go inside the campus of DVU, I always remember him.

On the library. In our classroom. On the bleachers. On the cafeteria. At the gymnasium. Even on the hallway! For pitty sake, Berlyn! Am I wrong that I refused to live with him that day? Should I considered his idea now?

I need to talk to him later on. He's right. He's right when he said that I'm going to miss him so badly one of this days. He's right when he said that I wouldn't last for a week without seeing him everyday.

Coz right now, all I wanted to do is be with him. Sleep together with him and wake up every morning that he's the first creature I've seen. Oh my! What am I going to do now? 

"Hey, Berlyn. Are you okay?"

I heard Roseshell's voice. I'am here on the the bleachers outside our classroom. Roseshell and Leslie just came from the library. I choose to stay here alone in the bleachers for me to think properly. It's our lunch break. I've already ate lunch.

"Yeah. Why?" I said.

"You look tensed and bothered. What's wrong?" Roseshell said.

"Nothing. I just missed Cley." I said.

"Oh - oh. I told you, Berlyn. You better agree to Cley's decision the first time he asked you to live with him. You're supposed to be in the pack house by now." Roseshell said.

"Roseshell was right, Berlyn. It's better to be with him 24/7 than to miss him like crazy, okay." Leslie said.

"You think so? What if I agreed and he's going to stop me from my studies too and make me focused on taking care of the whole pack instead? That's what the Luna's responsibility, right? Both of you knows that all this time, I've already dreamed to be a law enforcer." I said.