Chapter 14 ( The Attack )

Berlyn's Pov:

I can't stop myself from frowning as I watch him together with Andrei and Leslie walked inside the airport. Today are their schedule to go back in Forks. Leslie already finished their project here in New York, that's why they needed to be back in Forks.

Cley and I already talk about us. We cleared everything and understand each other now. Were both matured enough to settled everything about us and forget about what happened five years ago. The most important thing is our future, right?

We agreed that I'm staying here in New York while he's in Forks.  But we need to see each other twice a week or as long as were both having a vacant time. I think long distance relationship were gonna work with us. I hope so.

When I watch him walked away from me, I'm sure that this is not our last time to see each other. He's going back in New York every Saturday and Sunday. Then suddenly I have this peculiar feeling that somethings gonna happen unexpectedly.

"Cley!" I called him. He stop from walking and look forward on my direction.

"I love you! And please, be safe and be careful. I'll wait for you on Saturday. I'll take you on a date."

I said to him through links. I know that he heared me coz he chuckled. He smiled and wave his hand as a sign that they needed to leave now.

"I love you more. And I promise that I'll be safe and careful always. So, don't worry about me, okay? I will definitely see you on Saturday. Just make sure that our date are extra special, huh? Bye for now, sweetie. Take care." He replied through links.

When they are already on the plane, I walk towards my car and drive into the highway. Im glad that the traffic congestion was not that heavy. Not just like in the Philippines most specially on Edsa that you're going to wait for an hour before you can drive continuously. Ops, sorry about that.

I needed to report in NYPD headquarters. Officer Roseshell Lincoln just texted me that Police Chief Inspector McDonell want an update about the killing incident in V-Bar.

What should I report then? That the killing was made by those stupid vampires? Whose gonna believe me if I said that? They don't have any idea that the vampire really exist, so as werewolf too.

I'm sure they will call me crazy if I do that. So, I made up my mind. I will tell PCInsp. McDonell that the killing was made by wild animals, probably a lion, perhaps? Which is accidentally freed from their habitat just to close the case.

And after the case was close, I will seek for justice on my own. I will find Vladimir and all his affiliate and make them compensate from their wrong doing. I won't stop until I found them and their gonna pay for this! Cross my heart, hope they die.

"Officer Somer, what's the update about the case?" PCInsp. McDonell said the moment I entered his office.

"We should close the case, sir. The witness and the owner of V-Bar was right. I saw myself the CCTV camera that night. Wild animals, lion to be exact is the one who cause the attacked.the lion was accidentally freed from their habitat, that's why the animals become savage. We can't sue that poor animals, right? I feel so sorry about it, sir." I said.

Gosh, Berlyn. Best in making excuses, huh? Tss. I'm so guilty right now, okay. In the back of my mind, I was cursing that God damn vampire!

"Is that so? Okay then, Officer. You're dismissed." He said.

"Thank you, sir." I said and hurriedly leave his office.

I decided to go back in V-Bar. Hoping to see Vladimir and his allies, but the bar was close for some reason. I knew it! Maybe Vladimir already know that this could be possibly happened. Maybe he's already hiding right now. Tss, afraid of me?