II

At A Different Place

Tonight is raining but it didn't stop him to wake at midnight just to put a prank for his brother. It's also his birthday so he can use it as an excuse. The plus thing is he can convinced his parent to help him.

They tip toes to his room and open it slowly. He gave his parent a sign to come in and he walk slowly to his brother sleeping form. He covered by blanket and he lift a bucket of cold water plus ice cube.

“Nara, don't you think it's excessive?” Asked his mother worriedly.

The one being called Nara turn to his mother and smile, “don't worry mom, he's already a cold person. Being splashed by a bucket of cold water will not wavering him”

After saying that, he pour the water on his big brother. He already laugh suspecting that his brother will lose his cold posture and jump awake but stop when he didn't do that. He stay still under his blanket.

Nara frown and pull the blanket just to being smashed by something…. A cream? No, it was a SLIME!! He scream while trying to clean his hair.

“What do you think you're doing!! You ruin my beautiful hair” scream the younger son.

The older son, Mana, smirk, “that's what you get for splashed me with a bucket of cold water”

“ck, with your cold nature I doubt it make a different” complain him still with his hair, “how?”

“are you being stupid right now? Do you think i'll not look my door? You know I always look it every times” mocked him

Nara felt really annoyed, how come he didn't suspicious when he can easily enter his brother room?! He know his brother always have his room locked, he's to focus with the prank and didn't realized it.

Their parent just shake their head, “Maa, maa, Mana-kun, happy your 16 birthday” congratulated his mother before kiss his cheek, “thank you, mom” his father walk to him and patted his head, “happy birthday, son” he smile at his father who smile back.

He turn to his brother who still struggle with his hair, “not gonna say something?”

“What?! Do you think i'll congratulate you after want have you done?” Snap him angrily.

Mana rolled his eyes, “and do you think i'll accept it after you splashed me with a bucket of cold water?” Said him back sarcastically

They stare at each other and can be seen an imaginary lightning between them. Their parent just sigh at their sons behaviors.

In the middle their bantering, their father’ phone ringing. They suspect it was from hospital remembering his job as a doctor. But when he check it, it was from unknown number.

“Who it might be, honey?” Ask his wife

“Eww, why you still call each other like that?” Comment Nara while stuck his tongue out.

“Let them be Nara” said Mana

The doctor just shake his head, “I don't know, I’ll pick it up. It may important”

“Tenn-nii….” the doctor frowned, ‘a wrong number?’ he more suspicious when the caller stop whatever she want to say. He know from the voice that the caller is a girl.

“Hello? Who is it?” called him but he just heard a pleading voice from the girl to someone there, “Hey, are you okay?” ask him become worried now.

“What happen?” Ask his wife

“I don't know, it seemed that it was a wrong number and whoever call-” he stop when he heard a scream from the phone, “hey, what happened there?!” ask him panic. He heard more scream from there which be heard by his wife too who stood closer to him.