~ 17: Ill-timed. ~

I said I didn't care...

"Hey, (N)N), let's walk home together." Kentaro offered, adjusting the satchel straddling his shoulder.

After (Y/N) switched out her shoes, she shook her head. "I have something to take care of, so go without me." Kentaro watched her scurry to her feet, and picked up her bag.

I could always go with you or wait, it's not a big dea-"

"Ken, please. Just go home. I don't want to bother you, I can get home myself." She said with a wave, making a dash in the other direction.

But my legs started moving on its own, I couldn't help it.'

She nearly lost sight of the blonde and brunette as she tailed them, peeking over every corner they turned.

"So..." Their conversations were almost inaudible, really hard to hear. It upset her, but not as much as Jyugo walking with another girl.

"Jyu... I'm scared... I think someone's following us..." Nao murmured, seizing his arm. She pulled it close to her chest, glancing back every so often.

'That little winch...' (Y/N) hissed, concealing herself behind a wall. Jyugo's eyes were forward for a good ten seconds, until he gazing down at the girl clinging to his side.

'Pathetic.' He had a good idea of who was following them, but didn't utter a word. "You do realize I won't let anyone touch my girlfriend, right? So as long as you're with me, you'll be safe."

Nao blushed, nuzzling her head into his chest. "I was thinking you no longer loved me, and I thought you found someone else. Now I know those rumors are false!" 'You know what else is false, your breath.'

Jyugo smiled, patted her head with his other. "No, no. I just found someo—Some... other things that interest me."

She noticed him bite his lip after that statement, eager for something. She had no clue what it was. - "Well... Maybe I could interest you somehow, Y'know~? Maybe like..."

She had enough. (Y/N) popped her head out from the bushes surrounding Nao's front yard, tripping on her face. "N-No! I... I will not..."

As (Y/N) stood up to her trembling feet, red laid on her face, too nervous to stand.

"I will not allow this! You can't sleep with her!" She blared out.

Nao jumped, and covered her mouth, staring (Y/N) eye-to-eye. "Jyu! She's been stalking us this entire time! I knew someone was following us!"

Jyugo had no words, he just stood still with a smirk on his face, ready to let his chuckles rip.

"Jyu...!" Nao shook him. "Aren't you going to tell her to go away? She's ruining everything!" After doing nothing but stare, Jyugo placed his hand over his eyes with a snigger.

"What's... so funny?" His girlfriend asked. "I just thought... It's nothing, I just find all this hilarious is all." 'I just thought... I was the creepy one. You must feel the same way too, right?'

"(Y/N), you should go. This isn't a place you should be." He said, clearing his throat. He wanted to see her pursue him, to chase him like how he did. He knew the feeling.

"B-But... I don't think you should be alone with her. So... I'm not leaving until you leave." (Y/N) tried her best to sound strict and controlling, but it wasn't as easy as it sounded. By now, it was already too late to give a shit about her reputation, it's not like it mattered anymore anyway.

Nao stared her up and down, scoffing slightly to the side. "Jyu and I are dating! Just get out of our sight or else."

"Or else what? You can't do anything-" Jyugo was over the arguing, and so he pulled his arm away from Nao's grip, approaching (Y/N) slowly.

She stepped back, but then stepped forward, glaring at him stubbornly. "Wh-What? Do you actually think I'm going to leave? Well, I'm not."

"(Y/N)." Jyugo started, placing his arm on her head as if it was a cushion. He leaned down even closer to whisper in her ear. "Do you like me?" He asked.

(Y/N) shoved him away, waving her hands. "N-No! I'm just worried... Because a friend of mine likes you! Yes, a friend..."

His face worn a frown, and the side of his mouth twitched. "Ah, I see... Let's talk about this later." He said, turning back to his loved one. "I'll text you when we're not busy." Jyugo added, taking Nao's hand.

Her heart dropped. 'Did I... Mess up? What if I told himWait, "When we're not busy!?' Once again, (Y/N) ran in front of the couple with her cheeks painting red.

If he was actually going to leave her for someone else, she might as well leave him someone to chew on. "I... I like your brother! So... Tell him to come get me, my phone is dead!"

brunette slipped his... Unoccupied hand into his pocket, a small, "click" coming from it. "Oh? I see. Could you... Move out the way?"

"Oh, sorry..." She muttered, stepping off to the side. "It's fine. I'll text Ken now, so just sit tight." His tongue pressed against the inside of his cheek, feeling irritated and fooled.

'What should I do now? Ignore him? Wait, will he ignore me?' After realizing her words, (Y/N) crouched down while covering her face, moping and moaning.

"What're you doin' crouched like an idiot? Did Jyugo reject you or somethin'?" That tone and slang was already recognizable, she knew it too well.

"How'd you get here so fast...?" She asked, quickly standing straight on her feet. "Oh," he then began to rub the nape of his neck, seeming somewhat nervous. "I was just walking around here. Then Jyugo happened to text me as soon as I saw you, so I just walked over."

"Oh... Well I think I just did something really dumb." (Y/N) sighed, raising her right hand over her eyes.

She looked stressed, so he decided to take initiative. "Did you two fight...?" He asked, inching towards her. "No." She replied in a bit of a quivering tone.

"Are you about to cry?" He asked once more, preparing to wrap his arm around her. "N-No." She fibbed, folding her lips and gulping down the tension creeping up her throat.

"Are you lying to me?"

"Maybe..."

"Well, you're bad at it.

"I know... I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" It wasn't long until she felt the warmth of the other, leaning against his chest. "There there..." He said playfully, running his fingers through her hair as he did.

'Eh?' (Y/N) tried her best to pull away, but he kept her close to his body. "What are you doing?" She asked, maintaining her calm demeanor.

"What are you doing?" He mocked, attempting to make girly, high-pitched voice. "I'm comforting you. And you said you liked me, didn't you? I'm giving you what you want."

"What? How'd you know I said that? I don't like you, let me go before Just gets the wrong id—"

"What are you two doing?"

What bad timing...