~ 28: Saving Him. ~

He didn't lock his door?

After arriving to the brothers' apartment, she clicked the door behind her shut.

The lights weren't on, as expected. Their living room was empty, as expected. And there were no screams or shouts from a person begging to be saved, though she wish she discovered Seijiro sooner.

She made her way down the hall, nearly tripping down the stairs after slinging open the door to the basement.

"Seiji! I'm here, just like I promised!" (Y/N) shouted.

Then, she headed down the staircase, eventually stepping onto the concrete. He was leaned against the bars of the cage, with his back against it.

"Seiji? Seijiro! Why aren't you replying?" She called out, gripping the metal.

Still, no response. Luckily, his neck was in her reach, and so she placed to fingers on the skin of her neck, checking for a pulse.

'He's gotten really skinny... I guess they haven't been feeding him much... I'm sorry, Seiji. For leaving you here alone for all this time.' He's a cheater, correct, but no matter how much she tried to forget about him, the more impossible it became.

He was still alive-breathing-but something seemed off. His expression was scarred and pained; it was bothersome. "Seiji! Seiji, wake up!" No matter how much noise (Y/N) made and how much she screamed, he just wouldn't wake up.

"Why..."

Click.

Someone had entered the house. Was it Kentaro? She wasn't surprised. Immediately, she glanced around the spacious room in search for a weapon. After finding an ordinary wooden bat, she scouted even more for a key to free Seijiro.

(Y/N) swallowed her nervousness and clung onto her confidence and determination.

She was going to kill him.

Her eyes were glued to the staircase, noticing a shadow trail down it as he entered. The male began to hum, revealing his identity after reaching the floor, gazing into her terrified irises.

"I found you... I told you I'd come back." He smiled. (Y/N) gripped the vase even tighter, looking him up and down. He was bloody; his hair, face, sleeves, shoes... she questioned how he was able to walk all over the place without being noticed.

In his right hand was a knife, stained in blood, sharp and serrated.

"J-Jyugo! Why are you here, and how'd you find me?" The girl was sure to speak loud enough for the sleeping male to hear, but he didn't budge.

Jyugo ignored her question, and too a glance over behind her. "He's dying, you can't help him."

What he said was bullshit to your ears. Of course, you couldn't tell him that. He held a knife with bloody clothing, and could lash out at her for the sake of, "love".

"What do you mean? He's alive, I just checked for a pulse." (Y/N) replied, gripping the bat.

The teenager before her nodded and pointed at the cage. Slowly, she turned her head, but her guard was still up and alert.

"Look, there's a bottle of pills. Ken must've given it to him some time ago. Do you know what it is?" He asked, after noticing her eye the container. (Y/N) jumped with widened eyes, glancing back at him.

He was right... did he overdose? He's still breathing, though! It's not adding up at all. Slowly, the girl helplessly nodded, parting her lips. "Then... What should I do? I-I don't want to lose him again!"

"You can't, those pills kill people in their sleep. It makes you hallucinate until the creature in your nightmare kills you." N-No way! That isn't possible is it? Who'd create something as terrible as that?! (Y/N) shook her head in disbelief, turning back to the cage once again.

"He needs my help then! I have to save him somehow! I told him... I was coming back to him." She explained, and once again, she began to tug on the cage's door. 'I have to hurry up, he'll wake up soon.'Jyugo thought, gradually growing closer to her.

Her tears blinded her, and her ears rung with the dreadful sound of regret and uselessness.

"If you're sad or angry, find Kentaro. Tell him what's on your mind, and now you have enough evidence to file a report about him. They'll arrest him, and you and I can be together." He said.

(Y/N), on the other hand, was still immersed in her own thoughts, wondering how she'd free him from his mind.

However, the warmth of Jyugo's body snapped her out of it, bringing her back to reality. Tears trailed down her face as he held her from behind. He was obviously pleased and satisfied by the embrace he was giving her, but she wasn't.

"Love this, and us that. Why are the two of you so hung up on loving me?" She asked, glaring down at the floor. A dark shade of black surrounded her eyes, resisting. "Let's go, (Y/N). We can call the police and get some help." He said, completely disregarding the question.

"This is all... Your fault." She growled, removing his arms from around her by force alone. He seemed startled, but was confident he could win. Jyugo gritted his teeth and raised the blade to (Y/N)'s throat, narrowing his eyes.

"Please, no more resisting... I want you, and I know you want me. Let's-"

(Y/N) reached for the blade, tightening her fingers around it to the point she began to bleed. "I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for you..." She muttered.

Jyugo raised a brow, and licked his lip. She was getting feisty, and he enjoyed it. He decided to push the knife towards her neck, but she competed.

[Y/N] retaliated, her hand grasping onto the blade of the weapon. Blood slithered down the opening slit against her hand, wincing by the immense pain she began to feel.

Meanwhile, Jyugo forced a sadistic grin, his hand on the handle; forcing the knife downwards in order to impale her.

"You...killed him." She whispered, devoid of any life and light in her eyes. "You're crazy..."

I'm not.

(Y/N) used every bit of strength to remove the knife from his grasp. Then, he ended up backed away after being shoved, glaring. "What're you going to do with that? You're too pure to dirty your civil hands."

He tried to kill me...

She gradually stepped closer with her eyes on the floor, adjusting her hand on the bloody weapon.

I'm saving him.