~ 22: Save Him ~

She bit her lip. 

Should I rescue him today? Or tomorrow? Maybe I should call the cops...

The bell sounded, and everyone stood up stretching their arms. "Whoa, who's that!" Said a voice, and another one rebounded off of her. "It's Jyugo Irie! Who is he waiting for?" 

She didn't want to hear his name, nor see him. He's imprisoning her ex for whatever reason, and made faces last night she never knew he could make. 

"(Y/N)! Open the door! Please!" He shouted. Kentaro grinned, but played along of course. "What's goin' on?" He questioned, walking out his room. The doorknob twisted before he could reach it, staring at the girl on the other side.

"Hm? What's going on? Why are you so loud?" Her heart started to pound. It wasn't love-- no. In fact, she didn't feel that anymore. The atmosphere was tense, suffocating, and boiling. His eye was sharp, and remained that way as he gripped the side of her shoulder. 

"Did you go down there?"

"Go down where?"

"There. The basement."

(Y/N) shook her head and thinly gulped. "You're lying, just tell me the truth." She shoved him away, closing the door after speaking. "I'm not lying! You know me, I'm not the type to wander in people's homes and go in basements. I need to shower, let's talk when I'm out."

He was perplexed. "Whew~" Kentaro whistled, crossing his arms. "The lovers are fighting? Did she find out about the blonde in the basement?" Jyugo clenched his fists, and marched towards his brother, grabbing him by the collar.

"It was you! Why'd you do it, huh?!" He shouted, loud enough that (Y/N) could hear, despite the running water. "I don't know what-"

"Cut the crap!" His hidden right eye showed as he glared up at the male he held oh so tightly, forcing him back. "That door was locked, and it stays locked! You took the key and opened it, didn't you? Why?!"

Kentaro chuckled, letting his arms fall to his side. "What? Did you actually think I'd let you have her to yourself? I met her first." Jyugo clicked his teeth, thrusting his back once more into the wall. "You've got to be fucking kidding me, you're being childish!" 

He scoffed with a grin, rolling his eyes. "Me? Childish? Don't play innocent. You murdered you ex, and begged me to kill Mr. Hotshot for you. I was always the mature one. You're the reason why our mother is dead."

Maybe pressing her ear against the door, taking in all this sensitive information wasn't a very smart idea. But she'd have to find out one way or another. "Shut the hell up!" He shouted, his grip tightening. 

"You can't run away from the truth. You're just like your father, a psychopath. An obsessed, broken, unloved psychopath. Do yourself a favor and just jump off a cli--"

He had enough. Jyugo's fingers trailed up his brother's neck, and began to squeeze his throat. "I told you... to shut up." Kentaro kicked, trying to loosen his clasp on him, but failed. "Take a nap."

Sleeping in the same room as him was too awkward, as well as staying in one with Kentaro. She couldn't trust either one of them, especially Jyugo. He literally choked his brother until he passed out. 

(Y/N) adjusted her bag, walking down the stairs to reach the front gate. There was a motorcycle, and someone recognizable stood next to it. 'Please... Not again...'

The ride to school was already awkward; he knew she saw something she shouldn't have. "Excuse me," He said as he approached random female student, slightly irritated because of her attitude. 

 "He's... being nice to me!" She squealed, soon clearing her throat afterwards. "Y-Yes?" She responded, tucking back her hair. 

"I was wondering if a girl named (Y/N) (L/N) left yet, I came to pick her up. Narumi rolled her eyes, walking past the two. 'I just hope she knows what she's getting herse—'

She was pulled off to the side, blinking at a face she thought she'd never see up close. (Y/N) raised a finger to her lips, silently shushing her. "I need... to talk to you for a second." Narumi agreed to help her out the school without being spotted, hurrying out the front gates. 

"(N/N), before you speak, I have something to confess..." 

 She let out a long, breathy pant, turning to her former best friend. "What is it?" 

 "You and Jyugo... you aren't dating, are you?" The expression on her face was odd—she never saw it when they were friends. "I- I don't know. I recently found out that-" 

 "I saw him and his brother dragging a dead body. It looked like your ex from class 2-A." She felt her heart sank to her knees, barely being able to muster a single word. 

 "D... Daiki? Daiki Amohara?" She needed verification. - She snapped, the nodded. "Yeah, that's him. I didn't want to tell you, but I felt like you should know." 

 (Y/N) leaned against the pillar, touching her head. 'Is... all of this even a coincidence?' She shook her head, brushing those thoughts away. "I... No, Seiji is still alive." 

 Narumi looked astonished, as other would when they heard the same thing. "No way! He was announced dead! I even saw it on T..." 

 Narumi paused. "Oh wait, I don't remember seeing the body..." (Y/N) was too busy playing video games and too concerned about boys to know he was even, "dead". "Gosh! I can't believe I was so blind! Maybe he was forced to do these things!"

Narumi shook her head, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I doubt it, (N/N). They're just some creepy twins who kill people. Good luck breaking up with him." They weren't dating, but it'll be just as hard as ending a real relationship. 

(Y/N) moved her hand, taking it in hers. "But... I need your help." She cried, shaling her hand. Narumi was aware of what she'd ask for, and she wasn't sure if denying what a terrible thing to do. 

"Help me save Seiji."