01.

"I'm so excited!" Haruto grinned as the seven Japanese boys took their seats on the plane.

"Of course you are," Yoshinori chuckled. "We're about to fulfill our debut dreams."

"Hopefully," Keita sighed.

"We just have to do our best," Mashiho grinned. "Then we will definitely beat everyone and debut."

"I agree with Mashiho," Mahiro smiled. "We got this!"

"Treasure J, FIGHTING!" We cheered.

*

Three hours later, the seven Japanese boys arrived in Seoul, South Korea, to be a part of YG Entertainment's new survival show, YG TREASURE BOX.
The boys would compete against Treasures A, B, and C for a spot in the 2019 YG boy group.

The boys arrived at the YG building and quickly got ready for their performance. They changed into their group performance clothes and began stretching and warming up for their dance performance.

Mashiho could hear collective gasps as YG explained that Treasure J would also be competing with them. He grinned. He couldn't wait to compete with his new Korean opponents.

Treasure J rushed into the room, bowing and saying hello in their newly created Korean skills. They introduced themselves and Yoshinori claimed to be the best Korean speaker. After explaining that the other teams hadn't done too well, Yang Hyunsuk Let Treasure J begin their dance performance.

The music played as the bodies of the seven boys moved in sync with each other. Each of them hit each beat perfectly as they moved in swift, quick, and occasionally sexy movements. In the blink of an eye, they were done and were waiting for their review from the head producer.

"Today, was a crushing defeat for Korea," Yang Hyunsuk finally announced. The new trainees let out a sigh of relief. They had proven that they were formidable opponents and wouldn't be taken down so easily compared to their Korean counterparts.

The next few hours were filled with individual assessments. Mashiho noticed in particular the sweet vocals of Treasure A Kim Junkyu and Treasure C Park Jeongwoo. And of course, the astounding rap of Treasure C Jung Junhyuk that amazed all of the trainers, trainees, and of course, the main producer Yang Hyunsuk.

After the individual performances, all of the trainees left the room. In the waiting room, Mashiho tripped and stumbled on a pile of cords that were sprawled out on the hard wooden floor.

"Are you okay?"

A tall, Korean boy, who Mashiho assumed was Junkyu, grabbed Mashiho's hand and pulled him off of the floor and smiled.

"Thanks, I'm fine," Mashiho smiled back as he thanked the older boy.

"No worries," the older replied. "I'm Kim Junkyu. I've been training for almost six years."

"I'm Takata Mashiho," Mashiho said shyly. "I'm Japanese."

"I can see," Junkyu chuckled. "You're one of the amazing members of Treasure J." Mashiho blushed at the compliment.

"T-Thanks," Mashiho stammered.

"I hope to see you around Mashiho," Junkyu smiled. "It was nice meeting you."

"Nice to meet you, too," Mashiho said.
Junkyu waved as he headed off with one of his friends, Hyunsuk, leaving Mashiho standing there. Mashiho's face was as red as a tomato.

"Hey Mamo," Yoshinori said, causing the younger to jump slightly. "You can't possibly be falling for Mr. Kim Junkyu, right?"

"Of course not," Mashiho mumbled. "He's just a very kind person to be around."

"Keep telling yourself that," Yoshinori rolled his eyes. "I saw you blushing after he waved at you."

"You were imagining that," Mashiho looked away from the older.

"Sure I was," Yoshinori replied sarcastically.

*

"Who was that?" Hyunsuk asked, draping his arm around Junkyu's shoulder.

"That was Mashiho," Junkyu explained. "He's one of the new Treasure J trainees."

"Oh," Hyunsuk said. "How did you run into him?"

"He tripped over a pile of cords, so I helped him up," Junkyu replied.

"Aww, so considerate Junkyu-ah," Hyunsuk teased.

"At least I'm being a kind and concerned citizen," Junkyu pointed out.

"Eh," Hyunsuk shrugged.

Junkyu and Hyunsuk continued to walk to the rest of their friends, aka Treasure A.

"What took you guys so long?" Midam asked.

"Junkyu had a little meet up with one of the new Treasure J trainees," Hyunsuk smirked.

"Which one?" Yedam asked.

"Mashiho," Junkyu said. "The short-ish one was the cute curly brown hair."

"Aw," Seunghun gushed. "Is our little Junkyu falling for someone?"

"Really Junkyu?" Byounggon teased.

"I think it'd be cute," Doyoung admitted.

"Keep dreaming," Junkyu rolled his eyes, attempting to hide the fresh tint of red on his cheeks. "I'm not gay."

"That doesn't mean that you're straight though," Hyunsuk smirked.

*

"Where do you guys want to go eat?" Mashiho asked his fellow Treasure J members.

"Let's just get the food that YG has provided," Kotaro said. "I'm exhausted."

"Shoot, I left my stuff in the practice room," Mahiro grumbled.

"We'll go with you," Asahi said with an encouraging smile.

The seven of them began walking to the practice room, where a large black and white sign greeted them.

"This can't be good," Keita muttered.

It was a list of the rankings, 1-29, of each trainee from the monthly assessment. Haruto had topped Treasure J's rankings by getting fifth, but Mashiho was a close second by getting eighth.

"It's okay guys," Yoshinori said encouragingly. "We did pretty well for our first time, so let's not be too hard on ourselves."

Haruto and Mashiho nodded in agreement, but the rest of them didn't look so sure. Haruto and Mashiho were ranked pretty high, and so was Mahiro, so they weren't too concerned. However, the rest weren't ranked too high, so they were pretty nervous, from the looks of it. But they did pretty well, with the lowest Treasure J ranking being Rank 22. They had done better than Treasure A, who had one of their members stuck at Rank 25. Treasure J had done the best out of all the Treasure groups.

That night, Treasure J arrived at their new Korean dorm and instantly went to their rooms for some much-needed rest. Most of them went to sleep instantly, except for one — Mashiho.
The curly brown haired boy had a certain someone on his mind — a certain Treasure A named Kim Junkyu.

Mashiho's heart couldn't lie anymore.

He couldn't deny his feelings.

He had a small crush on Kim Junkyu.

(A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! You all are probably surprised that I've randomly started a new story, but I have a huge love for YGTB and I couldn't help but write about my favorite ship! This is based off of YG TREASURE BOX, so I hope you enjoy it! This is my first time writing without a planned out plot, so I hope you enjoy it! Also, I hope you enjoy the mashikyu ship:) even tho they didn't debut together, they're still so cute together uwuwuwu)

LOVE YOU ALL<3