03.

Time had passed and it was already the 2:2 switchup. Treasure 6, comprised of Yedam, Keita, Junkyu, Mashiho, Yeonggue, and Yoonbin, began performing their version of the signal song, "Going Crazy."

Seunghun and Byounggon had already defeated Yeonggue and Yoonbin, but Yedam and Keita kept their place as treasures by defeating Doyoung and Dohwan.

It was rehearsal time for Junkyu and Mashiho. They had a special move in their performance — a backflip, in which Junkyu would hold Mashiho's leg and help him flip over. But something went wrong.

Mashiho and Junkyu were practicing, and all was well. Junkyu held Mashiho's leg, preparing him to be flipped over. But Mashiho didn't land properly.

Pain shot up throughout Mashiho's whole body as he reassured the older that he was fine. He changed into sneakers and tried again, but they couldn't get the timing right, and the younger boy was flung backward.

As the staff began saying they prohibited Mashiho doing the flip, Mashiho and Junkyu were devastated. Tears blurred Mashiho's eyes as he swiped at them angrily. He had worked so hard for this, and now, it meant absolutely nothing.

The day continued heading downward as Junkyu and Mashiho were defeated by Haruto and Jeongwoo, who were some of their best friends.

After the episode shooting, Mashiho broke down in tears.

"I-I'm sorry Koala," Mashiho sobbed. "I l-let you d-down." Mashiho cried to the older.

"It's okay Mashi," Junkyu replied reassuringly. "We'll get back up top in no time."

"How can you be so sure of that?" Mashiho asked, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Because I have faith in us," Junkyu replied firmly, hugging the younger boy.

And they sat like that for a while, the older comforting the younger, and no one else there to disturb them.

*

"Good job today Mashiho," Haruto said as the older boy walked into the dorm. "I'm sorry that Jeongwoo and I had to go against you and Junkyu hyung."

"It's okay Haruto," Mashiho smiled. "You and Jeongwoo did well. You should be proud of yourselves."

"Thanks Mashi," Haruto grinned. "By the way, have you made any progress with Junkyu?"

"And now I regret telling you that I like him," Mashiho said. "He's literally all you talk about. And I could say the same for you. I see how you look at Jeongwoo. And of course, 'Hajeongwoo!" The older boy imitated his two dongsaengs.

"Hey, we need a good intro, don't judge," Haruto rolled his eyes. "Plus, it was kind of cute."

"Yeah, admit it, you like him," Mashiho grinned.

"And you like Junkyu," Haruto retorted. "We're even."

*

Junkyu sat on his bed and sighed. He now needed to work extra hard to become a Treasure once again. And who knows what would happen in the next challenge. The main producer was full of surprises for this survival show.

Seunghun plopped down next to him and began talking to the younger.

"Hey Junkyu," Seunghun said. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Junkyu nodded. "Just thinking about the survival."

"Oh," Seunghun replied. "Tomorrow, we need to go watch the one on one performances that each pair have to present, and only one of the survives."

"I forgot about that," Junkyu mentally smacked himself. "Tomorrow will be a sad day."

"Yeah," Seunghun nodded. "Let the eliminations begin."

*

The next day had arrived and it was time for the one on one battles. The atmosphere was tense, as the trainees knew that it was time to say goodbye to eight of their very good friends — old and new.

Everyone took a breath as each of the pairs took the stage. Yoshinori and Mahiro. Jongseob and Kotaro. Asahi and Seokhwa. Jaehyuk and Siyun. Junghwan and Inhong. Hyunsuk and Junhyuk. Jyunhao and Jihoon. Yunseo and Sungyeon.

That day was a sad day, especially for the Japanese trainees, who lost Mahiro, Kotaro, and Asahi. The Korean losses that day were Siyun, Inhong, Junhyuk, and Sungyeon. And finally, the group said good bye to happy virus, Taiwanese trainee Wang Jyunhao. (im still sad that he got eliminated)

Tears trickled down the survivors' faces as they said goodbye to their partners. Mahiro wished the best for Yoshinori, his best friend, in hopes that he would debut. Jyunhao wished the best for his happy virus partner Jihoon and wished that he would debut. Everyone wished the best for each other.

That night, the morale in the dorms were all sad, and it felt really empty, mostly in the dorms of Treasure C and Treasure J. Half of the Treasure C and Treasure J trainees had been eliminated that day. 

Knowing that his dear friend would be even more depressed at the thought of three of his dear friends leaving, Junkyu went to the Treasure J dorm to go see Mashiho.

"Hey Keita," Junkyu swallowed. "Can I talk to Mashiho?"

"S-Sure," Keita hiccuped. "He's in his room. It's been a hard day."

"I know," Junkyu said. "I know how you feel. I hope you all feel better soon."

"Thanks Junkyu hyung," Keita smiled.

Junkyu looked around the dorm, where a red, puffy-eyed Yoshinori laid on the couch, tears trickling down his cheeks. Junkyu noticed noises coming from Haruto's room. He must be with Jeongwoo.

"Hey Mashi," Junkyu said quietly. The younger Japanese male turned over, his face streaked with tears.

"H-hey Koala hyung," Mashiho hiccuped.

"How are you holding up?" Junkyu asked.

"I'm okay," Mashiho said. "I just really miss Mahiro, Asahi, and Kotaro hyung."

"I'll be here if you need me Mashi," Junkyu whispered, putting the younger's head on his lap.

"Thanks Junkyu," Mashiho whispered back.

*

Junkyu walked back to his dorm, surprised to see Hyunsuk and Byounggon sleeping next to each other on the couch. It was only 9:30 at night. Well, then again, it had been a pretty eventful day, what with many trainees leaving, so Junkyu understood their need for rest.

He walked into his room and he flopped onto his bed. He stared up at the ceiling. 

He had these feelings.

These weird emotions that he couldn't describe.

And somehow.

They were connected to a certain other.

In particular, a younger, Japanese boy, exactly 165 centimeters tall, with curly brown locks and a beautiful smile. 

It was true.

Junkyu had feelings for Takata Mashiho.