08.

As Haruto, Jeongwoo, Mashiho, and Junkyu walked back to the dorms, a few unsuspecting trainees walked behind them, copying their every move.

Naturally, this all started when they were at the park.

Yoonbin and Byounggon were walking around the park when they spotted Mashiho. They were about to call out to him and say hi, but then stopped when they saw him holding hands...with Junkyu?

"Are they dating or something?" Yoonbin whispered to his hyung.

"Yeah," Byounggon nodded.

Naturally, being as curious as they were, the two rappers began following Mashiho and Junkyu around, and continued even though they were with Jeongwoo and Haruto. The pair heard every word of the quartet's conversation and was surprised to hear them talking about such things.

When the four others had announced that they would be heading back, Byounggon and Yoonbin made a mad dash back to the dorms before any of the unsuspecting couples could notice their prescence.

*

The two couples arrived at the dorms and waved bye to each other as Junkyu headed to the Treasure A dorm, Jeongwoo to the Treasure C dorm, and Haruto and Mashiho to the Treasure J dorm.

"Goodnight Koala," Mashiho said shyly as he gave his boyfriend a hug.

The older rested his chin on the younger's head. "Good night Mashi," Junkyu whispered, and pecked his boyfriend on the lips.

Mashiho blushed as he slowly walked away from the handsome koala, walking into his dorm with Haruto.

Junkyu walked into the Treasure A dorm and saw a red-faced panting Byounggon, who had just sprinted from the park in order to not be seen.

"What happened to you?" Junkyu gasped as the older rapper breathed raspily.

"I, uh," Byounggon tried to speak, but his lungs failed him.

"He went out for a run," Hyunsuk said quickly, smoothing things over. And it technically wasn't a lie — he was running. But not for any random reason, despite what Junkyu thought.

Byounggon has informed the other Treasure A members about his current predicament, and they were more than happy to cover for him.

"Remember!" Seunghun called from his room. "We have a meeting with the manager tomorrow with the rest of the finalists!"

"Got it mom!" Doyoung yelled back as Hyunsuk snickered at the maknae's comment.

"Be quiet Kim Doyoung," Seunghun grumbled as he shut the door to his shared room with Byounggon.

"Well, good night everyone," Junkyu yawned. "I need some rest."

"Goodnight Junkyu-ah," Hyunsuk waved as the younger went into his room.

*

The next day, thirteen trainees gathered in the practice room for the meeting.

"There will be vocal, rap, and dance categories," the manager explained. "You will choose one and do a performance with the other people in your category. If you win first place in your category, you are confirmed a spot in the debut lineup."

Collective gasps were heard throughout the room as everyone began to process this new information that had just been announced.

"I will call you from the lowest rank to the highest rank," the manager continued.

Mashiho was called first, as he was eleventh. To everyone's surprise, he chose dance. Mostly because Yedam would probably choose vocal and also, if he won dance and Junkyu won vocal, they would debut together, which is all the couple wanted.

Junkyu was ranked first, and he obviously chose vocal, along with Jeongwoo and Yedam. In rap, there was Byounggon, Yoonbin, Hyunsuk, and Haruto. And lastly, in dance, with the largest group of people, were Jaehyuk, Mashiho, Doyoung, Jihoon, Seunghun, and Junghwan.

From that day on, it was straight up preparation for everyone. Everyone was focused on perfecting their performances and making sure that they were ready for the performance day. In some ways, they could've been exhausting themselves. On one day, the dancing team practiced for twelve whole hours! Twelve hours!

The night before it all, Junkyu and Mashiho went to that same park they had gone to with Haruto and Jeongwoo.

"Koala I'm scared," Mashiho buried his face into Junkyu's chest. "I really want to debut with you."

"We will," Junkyu said firmly. "Because we have each other, and no one can break the bond we have with the two of us."

"Are you sure?" Mashiho looked up at the older.

"I am more than sure," Junkyu replied confidently.

The older planted his lips on the younger's, their kiss erupting. They pulled away and smiled at each other.

"I'm glad I have you," Mashiho whispered as he hugged Junkyu.

"I'm glad I have you too Mashi."

(A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thanks so much for 100+ reads and 30+ votes! Seriously, I started this story two days ago and I'm already receiving so much love! You guys are the best!)

LOVE YOU ALL💕