04.

Something about seeing Mashiho so vulnerable and in tears gave Junkyu the urge to want to protect the younger. 

And when Mashiho wasn't in tears, he was the cutest creature Junkyu had ever seen.

Mashiho was Junkyu's dream boy. His pretty eyes, cute dimples, and beautiful smile. The way his curly brown hair touched Junkyu every time the two were close together. It was an astounding feeling to Junkyu, and was something that couldn't be replaced by someone else.

Junkyu shot up like a bullet, sitting up straight in his bed. He had decided. He was going to do it. Before the one he loved could be taken away by someone else.

He would confess to Takata Mashiho.

*

The next day, the new boy group manager announced to the fourteen trainees that one Treasure from Treasure 6 was forced to leave and the rest became Treasure 5. And it was...Lee Byounggon.

Shocked faces were seen all over the room as the eldest of all the trainees entered the room with a sheepish smile on his face. The trainees welcomed him back as the manager began explaining the next challenge.

Each trainee would put two selfie photos in two different lockers of the trainee they wanted to work with. The two trainees with the most photos would get to choose four other trainees on their team and they would choose a song from the four options to perform.

Lee Byounggon and Choi Hyunsuk each received seven photos, so they would get to choose. Byounggon chose Junkyu, Mashiho, Doyoung, and Yoonbin. Hyunsuk chose Yeonggue, Dohwan, Yoshinori, and Jihoon, leaving Yunseo, Seokhwa, Jaehyuk, Jongseob, and Junghwan. 

Junkyu and Mashiho were thrilled to be on the same team together, even though they didn't necessarily show it. However, everyone was nervous about performing against the Treasure team.

The song options with "DNA" by BTS, "Boomerang" by Wanna One, "Dumb and Dumber" by iKON, and "Growl" by EXO. The Treasure team chose "DNA", Byounggon's team chose "Dumb and Dumber", Hyunsuk's team chose "Boomerang", and the last team was stuck with "Growl" by EXO.

Each team was busy practicing for the upcoming live performance. However, it was more important than ever that they win. The first place team would have all members remain for the final, but the second place team would only have three members stay, the third place team would only have two members stay, and the last place team would only have one member remain in the competition.

The stakes were ever so high for this competition, now that the wish of debuting for each trainee was wanted more than ever. 

For each team, they got reviewed by their dance and vocal trainers. Much to their relief, the "Dumb and Dumber" team was reviewed well and were told that they made it exciting and they did really well.

The night before the assessment, Junkyu and Mashiho went out for a little walk by a nearby park.

Junkyu was carrying the shorter boy on his back, and the two of them were having a great time, talking and laughing. They got to know each other better and shared everything with each other. They were each grateful that they had someone to connect with throughout their survival journey.

At last, the happy pair fell down on the green grass, laughing at something that Mashiho had just said. 

"Thanks for taking me here," Mashiho smiled at Junkyu.

"No problem," Junkyu grinned. "I just know that we're going to win tomorrow. I have confidence in us."

"Us, as in the two of us, or us, as in our entire team?" Mashiho joked.

"Our entire team, duh," Junkyu rolled his eyes as Mashiho giggled. "We can't forget about Doyoung, Yoonbin, and Byounggon hyung."

"Just making sure," Mashiho grinned.

"What types of thoughts are going through that little head of yours?" Junkyu asked with a suspicious face, making Mashiho laugh.

"I am not thinking anything weird, if that's what you're suspecting me of," Mashiho replied.

"Sure you are," Junkyu said sarcastically.

It was quiet for a while, as the two of them turned over and looked up at the bright night sky. The stars twinkled up in the dark sky. Seoul was indeed beautiful at night. Whether it was the tall skyscrapers, beautiful foliage, or enchanting night sky, Seoul was definitely prettier at night.

"It feels so magical," Mashiho breathed.

This is my chance, Junkyu thought to himself. 

"Mashiho," Junkyu whispered.

At the sound of the seemingly koala-like male's voice, the younger Japanese boy turned over to face his older.

"What is it?" Mashiho asked with a smile.

Why do you look so cute right now? Junkyu mentally cursed himself as the younger boy smiled at him. And why am I so nervous right now? Ugh.

Junkyu took a deep breath. He had to say it.

"Mashiho."

"Is something wrong?" Mashiho's eyebrows puckered.

"Nothing's wrong," Junkyu cleared his throat.

"The thing is, Mashi," Junkyu continued. "I really like you."

Mashiho's jaw dropped.

"I love everything about you. The way you smile, your beautiful eyes, and your curly brown hair," Junkyu blushed as he spoke. "I don't even know if you're into guys, but here it goes." Junkyu took a deep breath.

Mashiho blushed all the same.

"So, here's the thing," Junkyu said.

It was quiet for a few seconds, until Junkyu spoke again and cleared his throat.

"Takata Mashiho."

Mashiho was all ears for Junkyu's next words.

"Takata Mashiho," Junkyu said nervously. "Will you make me the happiest man alive, Mashi? Will you be with me?"

"You mean..." Mashiho couldn't believe it.

"Yes," Junkyu smiled softly.

"Takata Mashiho," Junkyu said firmly. 

"Will you be my boyfriend?"