02.

The next day, the managers of each Treasure group announced that there would be a team live performance by each group and the top two trainees of each group would be in Treasure 7. Sadly, Lee Midam of Treasure A left YG for personal reasons. The day before the assessment was a really hard day for Treasure A, full of tears and goodbyes for their old friend.

Treasure A chose "Energetic" by Wanna One, Treasure B chose "Go Go" by BTS, Treasure C chose "View" by SHINee, and Treasure J chose "Killing Me" by iKON, even though they had originally chosen "Shine" by Pentagon.

During Treasure J's performance, the trainees were amazed by Haruto's low tone rap. For Treasure C, Hyunsuk was impressed by Junhyuk's rap and everyone was amazed by Jeongwoo's singing. For Treasure B, everyone was amazed by Jihoon and his dance skills. For Treasure A, Mashiho smiled at the singing skills of Junkyu.

Yang Hyunsuk chose ten boys, but only seven could be Treasures. After a rematch, the final Treasure 7 was Bang Yedam, Kim Junkyu, Ha Yoonbin, So Junghwan, Park Jeongwoo, Haruto, and Mashiho. Junkyu and Mashiho, although couldn't say it directly to each other, were overjoyed at the thought of being together.

The next day, the trainees and treasures gathered in a room to hear "Going Crazy", the new signal song for Treasure 7. Everyone listened to it in envy, all wishing that it was their voices that were being played from the recording.

Everyone had begun to notice the fact that Mashiho and Junkyu would light up whenever they were around each other. During the survival, the pair had gotten closer and became better friends. Along with this newly blossomed friendship, everyone began to notice the cuteness of Haruto and Jeongwoo, who had become close as Treasures.

Now, it was the 1:1 switchup. Yeonggue has defeated Jeongwoo already, but Yoonbin, Mashiho, Yedam, and Junghwan has defeated Yoshinori, Seunghun, Jyunhao, and Hyunsuk in their attempts to take down the Treasures.

Keita and Haruto began taking the stage. In most people's opinion, Haruto should've won the match and remained as a Treasure. However, Yang Hyunsuk didn't think that way and Keita replaced Haruto as a Treasure.

Next was Junkyu and Yunseo. Their performance together was beautiful, just like the song name, and their voices blended in perfect harmony. Nonetheless, Junkyu won, and Yunseo returned backstage as a trainee.

After the recording, Junkyu walked over to Mashiho after they had changed out of their performance clothes.

"Hi Mashi," Junkyu smiled as the shorter boy turned to him.

"Hi Koala hyung," Mashiho replied shyly.

"You don't have to call me hyung Mashiho," Junkyu said softly.

"Okay then Junkyu," Mashiho grinned.

"Do you want to go out to eat?" The older asked.

"Sure," Mashiho agreed. "We should invite Haruto and Jeongwoo to cheer them up a bit from today."

"That sounds like a good plan," Junkyu agreed.

Haruto and Jeongwoo agreed, and the four set out to a nearby Korean restaurant. The Japanese pair ordered beef bibimbap while the other two Koreans ordered a ddeokkbeokki plate, complete with a special spicy sauce.

"Thanks for inviting us our hyung," Jeongwoo smiled. "It cheered me up."

"No problem dongsaeng," Junkyu grinned.

Junkyu and Mashiho smiled at each before heading their separate ways.

Next time, I want to go out with Mashiho alone, Junkyu thought. And then confess my love for him.

Mashiho waved bye to the older boy as he headed back to the Treasure J dorm with Haruto.

"You like him, don't you?" Haruto asked the older.

"Yup," Mashiho confessed, too tired to try and hide his feelings for the older Korean male.

"Why don't you confess then?" Haruto inquired.

"I can't get up the courage," Mashiho shrugged.

"Once you do it," Haruto said. "It'll feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders. Plus, he'll probably accept your confession, mostly because I'm pretty sure that he likes you."

"How do you know that?" Mashiho questioned the younger.

"I have my ways," Haruto said smugly.

"Geez," Mashiho grumbled.

The next day, the 21 unselected trainees gathered in a room, where MC Jang Sungkyu announced their systems for pairs for the 2:2 switch up. The treasure that wasn't selected would join in the process.

At a nearby amusement park, Yedam, Junkyu, and Yoonbin chose one of the four others to go and have "dates" with. For fun, Junkyu chose Keita instead of Mashiho, leaving Mashiho all alone and with a sad feeling.

I had really hoped that Junkyu would've picked me, Mashiho sighed.

Junkyu saw the younger Japanese boy's face fall, and redeemed himself by choosing Mashiho for his second date.

In the end, the Treasure pairs were Yedam and Keita, Yeonggue and Yoonbin, and Mashiho and Junkyu. That left Junghwan to go back and become a trainee again.

Pairs were chosen, and everyone could agree that since there were only three pairs chosen for the 2:2 switchup, a few strong candidates for it would be Haruto and Jeongwoo as well as Hyunsuk and Junhyuk's rap duo. The pairs would be chosen by WINNER, a YG boy group, and would choose which Treasure pair they wanted to compete against.

One night, Mashiho and Junkyu were up late at night, practicing their dance and song for the switchup.

"Loosen up your body til you come undone," Mashiho sang in high falsetto.

Once they had finished practicing, they laid down on the hard wooden floor, breathing hard, with their hearts racing.

"No matter what the result is," Junkyu began. "Just remember that we've worked hard for this, and at least we had fun together."

"Okay Koala," Mashiho nodded obediently.

Junkyu chuckled as he wrapped his arm around the younger's waist. He gave him a hug and felt the soft, curly brown locks of hair brush his chin.

"Goodnight Koala," Mashiho said sleepily.

"Goodnight Mashi."

(A/N: sorry, this was a less mashikyu ish chapter and I'm trying to add some hajeongwoo so look out for that:)

LOVE YOU GUYS!!