07.

The next day, everyone, meaning the eleven finalists, gathered in the practice room for an important announcement.

The manager explained that the main producer had chosen two more trainees to become finalists and to compete with everyone. That left everyone speechless. And it was even more shocking when Yoon Jaehyuk and Kim Seunghun walked through the door.

In everyone's opinion, Seunghun was bound to come back. It just made sense. But Jaehyuk? Everyone thought that it would've been Keita or Yoshinori who would've come back.

Puzzled still, and surprised, the thirteen boys left the room for a little bit of relaxation time. That being so, Junkyu walked up to Mashiho with a smile on his face.

"Hi Mashi," Junkyu said, pecking the younger boy on the cheek.

Mashiho squealed as he felt the older boy's lips touch his cheek. "Yah! Not here."

"Am I not allowed to show how much I love my boyfriend?" Junkyu asked jokingly.

"Not now, no," Mashiho grinned.

"Okay then," Junkyu smiled. "Do you want to go on a date?"

"Sure!" Mashiho exclaimed. "Where to?"

"Follow me," Junkyu tugged on Mashiho's arm.

"Aish," Mashiho rolled his eyes.

*

"Here we are," Junkyu announced as the couple stopped in front of a cute little cafe.

"This place looks pretty nice," Mashiho said in wonder as he sat down on a fluffy armchair. "Thanks for taking me here."

"Anything for my cute little Mashi," Junkyu replied, pecking the Japanese male on his lips.

The two continued talking as they consumed their food and drinks. They were having a great time together.

"I can't believe we're going to the finals together!" Mashiho sighed happily.

"Now all we have to do is debut together," Junkyu grinned.

"Yeah," Mashiho said. "But who knows if that'll happen."

"I still can't believe that he added two more trainees!" Junkyu whined. "Now there's more competition."

"It's okay Koala hyung," Mashiho said softly. "We'll get through it together. I promise."

Junkyu smiled back, but his face turned to stone as he glanced behind Mashiho.

"J-Junkyu? What's wrong?" Mashiho asked, worried.

"We need to leave," Junkyu muttered. "The main producer is right there."

"Oh."

As quiet as mice, Mashiho and Junkyu tiptoed our of the cafe before Yang Hyunsuk could see them. When they closed the door to the cafe, they broke out into a run.

Just as they turned the corner down the street, Mashiho ran into someone — quite literally.

"Mashiho!"

Haruto and Jeongwoo's delighted faces calmed Mashiho's nervousness, who was grateful that it wasn't some other trainee that didn't know about him and Junkyu.

"What are you two up to today?" Junkyu asked the other couple.

"We wanted to head to that cafe down there," Jeongwoo explained.

"I wouldn't recommend it," Mashiho warned. "Sajangnim is in there."

"Oh," Haruto said.

"Do you want to go somewhere else, together?" Mashiho asked.

"Sure," Jeongwoo smiled. "Let's head over to the nearby park. There aren't too many people there."

"That sounds like a good plan," Junkyu agreed.

The two pairs walked side by side as they found a quiet, serene grassy area and laid down next to each other.

Despite the age difference between all of them, they all had a pretty good conversation. Most of it went back to YG's dating bans and the good reasons for it and the bad reasons for it.

"I mean," Haruto began. "It is reasonable. Fans generally are more attracted to idols that don't already have a partner. And then, when they do, their popularity drops on some levels."

"Yeah," Mashiho agreed. "But it is your life. Shouldn't you be able to choose who you want to be with, regardless of what other people say?"

"I guess," Jeongwoo shrugged.

The four continued talking, until the most prominent topic came up. Debut.

"I really hope the four of us debut together," Junkyu wished.

"Same," Haruto agreed.

"We just have to do the best we can in order to make our dreams come true," Mashiho said.

"I agree with Mashiho hyung," Jeongwoo smiled.

Haruto yawned. "It's getting late," Haruto said, looking up at the sun that was beginning to go down. "We should head back to the dorms. They might be a bit worried."

"Yeah," Mashiho agreed. "Let's go."

As the couples walked hand in hand back to their dorms, little did they know that someone was watching them.

(A/N: awww it's mashikyu and hajeongwoo's first date! Thank you for all the support on my stories💕 you guys are the best!!)

사랑해요~