Consolation (Derek)

You had been in the club with your team having fun until your eyes landed on your current boyfriend who was making out with another girl when he had told you that he was sick and couldn't go out with you. Idk but the song up top kinda goes with this so yeah enjoy.

Your POV

"Uh guys I'm not feeling so well I think I'll go home now." I say smiling slightly at them before getting up.

"You want me to take you home?" Derek asked and I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it, stay and have some fun." I say before walking away and out of the club the tears coming out of your eyes as you did. You sat in your car taking a deep breath before driving back to your home and changing to short yoga pants with an oversize sweater putting your hair in a pony tail so that you could stuff your face with food. This wasn't the first time it happened, but it still hurt like hell. You were wondering why every boyfriend you ever had ended up leaving you or cheating on you when there was a knock on the door. You got up cleaning the tears in your eyes to seem somewhat presentable and opened the door just to see Derek standing there concern in his eyes as he looked at your face and then his eyes roam your clothing.

"Never imagine I'd see the great Y/N in short yoga pants and oversize sweater." He joked making you smile slightly at him.

"What's wrong Angel face?" He asked and I sighed trying not to break down.

"Nothing's wrong what makes you say that?" I asked but my voice betrayed me and he raised a brow. I hated this, I don't like crying far less in front of others.

"You know you can trust me right?" He asked and I bite my lip looking down before I felt his strong arms around me. Truth be told I've had a crush on him since I started working with them 2 years ago but I never told him and when I met Alan I just ignored the crush I had on Derek because unlike him I wanted to be faithful in both mind and body guess he didn't think the same.

"Why does this always happen to me?" I asked wrapping my arms around him letting the tears fall. I feel him close the door behind him and carry me as if I weighted nothing sitting on the couch adjusting me to be straddling him as he caress my hair helping me calm down.

"My boyfriend cheated on me." I say hiding my face on his neck and closed my fists on his shirt.

"What?" He said pulling me away from him slightly so that he could look in my eyes.

"What do you mean cheated?" He asked.

"He said he was sick so he couldn't go out with me tonight but I saw him at the club making out with a girl." I say and his eyes look into mine before he pulled me in hugging me tight.

"I'm so sorry Marshmallow." He said and I laughed at the name hugging him close. Having him here felt so much better than even stuffing my face with junk food.

"Why Marshmallow?" I ask now looking at him and he smirked.

"Because you're as sweet and soft as one." He said making me smile.

"There it is." He said smiling moving his hand to caress my cheek.

"What?" I ask looking in his eyes our faces so close I could smell his breath, mint and a hint of alcohol.

"Your smile.. you have a beautiful smile Y/N." He said and I smiled at him.

"You called me by my name." I say his smile widened before his eyes moved to my lips.

"Why don't you let me be your consolation, princess?" He whispered and I couldn't do more other than nod and let him kiss me.

~Next Morning~

Derek POV

Waking up next to her seemed like a dream come true. I look at her and smile kissing her head softly before getting up to take a short shower once out I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out just to hear a knock at the door. I shrugged and walked opening it not really caring I was in only a towel.

"Who are you?" The guy asked looking me up and down. He didn't look like much if you ask me.

"I'm Derek.. who are you?" I asked raising a brow at the guy.

"What are you doing in Y/N apartment?" He asked and I crossed my hands.

"Ah you must be the boy- excuse me ex-boyfriend." I say and he looked at me confused.

"What are you talking about?" He asked and I smirk.

"She caught you last night man. You shouldn't have lied to her just to go with another girl you know.. you shouldn't have left her for another girl at all." I say.

"Derek, baby, where are you?" I heard Y/N sleepy voice call out from her room before she walked out in only my shirt her hand on her hair trying to tame it after last night's fun and yawning the shirt lifting a little as I bite my lip.

"Did I wake you?" I ask her and she shook her head before her eyes land on the guy.

"What are you doing here?" She asked glaring at him.

"What am I doing here? What is he doing here?!" The guy yelled at her and I stepped forward glaring at the guy.

"Don't yell at her or else." The guy took a step back.

"Next time the girl you're dating asks you to go out and you lie at least make sure not to end up in the same place she is." Y/N said to him slamming the door on him before opening it again.

"And if that wasn't clear enough, we're over." She said slamming the door again and sighed.

"You good?" I asked her and she smiled at me.

"Better than ever." She says before wrapping her hands around me kissing me sweetly.