Grieving (Spencer)

Spencer is dealing with the death of Maeve and you move in next door. You were moving in with your 2 dogs when one of them walks up to him. If you're not a dog person I'm sorry, I don't hate cats they hate me k? Also I think this is going to be a bit long or maybe have a part 2.

Your POV

"No, guys come on." I say to my dogs who where walking by my legs as I'm carrying a box. Both of them were service dogs, Psychiatric and Emotional service dog (a Siberian Husky named Ember) and Working dog (German Shepherd called Spykie) to be exact. But Ember was straying off.

"Ember." I say turning around just to see her go up to a man. He looked kinda dorky but in a cute way, he doesn't use glasses but his cloth seemed kinda nerdy.

"Oh uh." He says as Ember smells him making me giggle.

"So what's up with you?" I ask causing him to look at me.

"Uh nothing." I raise a brow and tilt my head.

"Well you seem like a smart guy and you also seem like someone who is alert of his surroundings so the fact that you missed Ember's vest that clearly says 'Psychiatric Service Dog' tells me otherwise." I say walking closer to him and petting Ember.

"How did I miss that?" He asked making me chuckle.

"Good question, maybe your mind wasn't with you at the moment." I say as Spykie takes a seat next to me.

"Uh yeah.." He says.

"Sorry I just moved here this morning so I was getting the last box in when she wondered off, I'm Y/N." I say extending my hand but he only looks at it.

"Not a physical contact guy huh?" I chuckle letting my hand fall.

"Not really, no.. I'm Spencer." He says awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you Spencer.. I'd ask if you wanna come in but everything's a mess right now." I say as he just nods awkwardly.

"Well.. see you around." I say calling Ember to follow me before I stop right in front of the door.

"And I'm sorry for your loss." I say opening the door and walking in with Ember walking in before me and Spykie right next to me. As I place the box down there's a knock on the door and both dogs quickly made their way towards it and I followed looking through the peep hole before opening the door.

"Hello again." I say as he looks at me.

"Why do you need both a Psychiatric and Working service dogs?" He asks.

"Uh well, I had a boyfriend, we had been dating since high school and grew up together. He was a police man and Spykie was his partner. He got him since he was a pup and took him to dog training for the police force and became a great work dog.. but when he died I fell into depression so much that my family gave me Ember who was trained to help me with it and my boyfriend left Spykie to me." I answer.

"How long ago was this?" He asked.

"A month ago." I say surprising him.

"Trust me having a dog with you to keep you occupied really helps." I say to him.

"I'll take your word for it." He says making me chuckle.

"You can pet them if you want." I say petting Spykie.

"I take them to the vet and salon every month to keep them groomed and make sure they're healthy plus I shower them weekly and brush their teeth daily." I say as he looks at me.

"Wow.. you dedicate a lot of time to them." He says and I smile nodding.

"My parents have a chain of veterinary and hospitals so they make good money and they don't really spend it. I have my bachelors and masters for business and accounting for when they decide to retire but I really just want to be a writer." I say going back to unpacking.