|03-Tangled|

T A N G L E D
+++++++++++++

R A G I N I

"I haven't." I answer Parul Ma's question.

I had reached the pack house an hour back, and since then my guardians have been interrogating me. They don't like the fact that I live all alone in the city inspite of them being present.

But if the pack house is my blood, the house there is my soul. My ma and papa had left me that house, thats what Parul ma says. She tells me how my parents were brave wolves, and how sudden their death was. Goosebumps spread over my body whenever I hear stories or tales related to ma and papa.

Now when Parul ma, Sanskaar and Tej papa and I were eating dinner, the topic of my mate arose.

Even though Sanskaar too hasn't found a mate yet still my mate was more important.

So unfair.

I told them that I hadn't and there reactions weren't normal.

"Oh god!! Ragu you are 25, you should have found your mate." Parul ma scares me off as I gulp.

She does scare my everytime reminding how old I was and yet without a mate. Normally wolves found their mates when they were either 20 or 22 but in my case I had surpassed the stage.

And the icing on the cake was Sanskaar was also turning 25 in a few months, but then in his case Parul ma is happy that he hasn't found his mate yet mainly because she wants him to become a bit more mature and responsible so that he can handle his Alpha as well as a Mate's duty.

And for her I am totally responsible and mature.

Cheating. But then on thinking further she was right. Not about the mature part but about the age part. Ma had also mentioned that.

After Ma and papa's death, I had found ma's diary in our flat. Its title was 'Ragini' so I knew it was for me the very instant I saw it.

It wasn't filled exactly— just two pages, but those were enough for a child without her parents. On the first page ma had explained my everything a she- wolf goes through. From the puberty to the heat and mating. She had written about all. The second page had only five lines.

'Ragini, a mate isn't just a person you are supposed to spend life with. In our world mates are those gifts gifted to us by the Moon Goddess. Always treasure the feeling of finding a mate. They will help you better your world.

And. We are always there for you mera bacha. Humesha.'

I remember each and every word so clearly. I sighed as I continued eating my dinner.

OOOOOOO

"I will be back soon." I inform as I leave the house.

After dinner, my wolf and I needed fresh air. We were tensed. Entangled in our thoughts, in our own views. In our own stresses.

I quickly shifted into my black self, and started running in the forest. We had a boundary shared between the other pack. Neither of us were  allowed t cross that boundary.

I ran until I had almost reached the boundary, I came across the patrolling wolves there, and was turning to move around when something stopped me. I wasn't sure what it was but my wolf self was all ready to turn back to a strange inviting aroma. Intoxicating smell. We turned back, and there was no-one. I through my wolf eyes just caught another black shadow, far away.

My wolf was already to run across the boundary to capture the strange shadow but I couldn't let that happen.

I took control of my wolf, and forced it to turn back. I had blocked her from interrupting my decision.

When we were far away, I tried to communicate with her, to apologise that I took control even in the wolf form but she just looked sad. She appeared weak, sitting in the centre. Weeping slowly. Her aura shaken in the worst way possible.

I am sorry. I didn't think you would get so hurt. I am really sorry.

She says nothing just a word and I freeze while taking my step.

Mate.

ooooooo

Hey!! So see truthfully I don't know whether it was good or not, but trust me on this I loved the way this chapter looks. Like thats how I had planned and I am satisfied with the final product!!

Share your views?

Are you liking this story so far?

Is it good enough?

If you did like it, do vote and comment.

Take care!!

Till then
LovexX

Dedication- amita291  anju9624 shivika2405  ❤️❤️