Chapter 21

"Her water what?!" He exclaimed into the line. "I'm on my way now." With that he hung up.

Tanya's captor looked at her sleeping form, he was definitely sure that her being frightened half to death by his ski mask surly induced her labor. He just needed his boss to arrive so they could take care of the situation.

'Tick tock tick tock' He thought sadly as he let out a sympathetic sigh.

~*~

"Are you planning to propose?" Kaleb's coworker Samuel asked as he stared down at the suede midnight blue bow in his fingers. Kaleb looked up to see Samuel in the doorframe to his office.

"Yeah...Well I plan on it later on in the future. This here is just a promise ring to her. I know you American's deem this as adolescent behavior and I'm acting as a child but... I want to promise so much to her...like being loyal and faithful, to give her whatever I can and trying to give her more, to love her unconditionally, and gosh... I do sound like a love struck teenager." He said throwing his head back in exasperation.

"It's sweet." Samuel reassured. "The two of you should promise to each other you'll always be there. With the 3 monthly business parties you've brought her to you both seem happily engaged into one another. I'm sure if you proposed to her...she'll say yes." He smiled.

"Mmm...perhaps your right. But I don't want to rush this. I'm a patient man, and what she needs is to be assured that she and Chloe are the center to my world as of now or rather as of a few months ago when we were back in Ireland. Trust me, I'd marry that woman in a heartbeat but she needs time." He said.

"Hmm... okay. Well good luck with whether or not you're going to propose to her, I'm going home to my own wife and kid." He smiled. "You getting all wrapped up and romance novel on me is making me sentimental and nostalgic."

Kaleb laughed as his friend made his way back out the door. He bit his lip as he gazed longingly at the picture of a slightly visible pregnant Tanya and bright smiling Chloe on his desk.

He rose to his feet and that's when he made his way out of his office to prepare for the night ahead.

~*~

"Where is she?" He asked when he bombarded his way through the cabin in the Lincoln woods.

"She in the room." Tanya's captor answered.

He nodded and rushed to the bedroom where Tanya was groaning out in pain. She was tossing and turning on her back as the contractions were increasing in pain.

"FUUUUUCK!" Tanya screamed out in pain as the pain in her abdomen hit.

He knelt down beside her and took her hand. Tanya hadn't noticed anyone near her till she felt the another hand brush across her sweaty forhead. She looked to see him. Her body tensed as she stared in surprised and astonished.

Her breathing began to become shallow as tears began to form in her eyes.

"O-Oliver." She let out barely above a whisper.

He smiled at her as he continued to caress her forehead. "Yes love...it's me."

She began to cry, all the emotions she locked away deep inside when she seen the news report on his plane crashing into the ocean.

"You-you're supposed to be..." She trailed off when she felt a contraction. She squeezed Oliver's hand tightly and his eyes opened widely when he felt the pain in his hand where she squeezed.

"Shhh..." He cooed to her.

"GET ME TO A FUCKING HOSPITAL!" She exclaimed breathlessly.

"I can't do that, love. You have to stay here." He said.

"EITHER YOU GET ME TO A HOSPITAL...OR WHEN I POP THIS BABY OUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN!" She shouted pain taking over her emotions.

Oliver thought for a moment. Then he turned to his companion.

"Patrick...take her to the hospital." He said reluctantly. He didn't want to risk losing his child before he or she was born. He wanted to be able to get away from his father tyranny for a while to see his children, of course he had help to fake his death, he was also investigating whoever his father was paying to stalk Tanya, just thankful whoever it was didn't strike her, but that was an explanation for another time. Right now he had to make sure the baby was delivered safely and healthily.

"Yes sire." He said in the same thick English accent as Oliver's. Patrick carefully picked Tanya up and carried her to the SUV he had brought her to the cabin in.

"Do you know what the baby's gender is love?" He asked her.

"I need to call Kaleb." Tanya said in between deep breaths ignoring Oliver, after she gives birth she had a few words for that son of a--. Patrick laid her in the front seat as gently as possible.

"Get her there as fast as you can." Oliver said ignoring Tanya's pleas to call his cousin. He had a few words for that man.

Patrick nodded and left in a hurry. Now it was time for a man to man talk with his cousin.

~*~

Kaleb had gotten back from picking up Chloe from daycare when he was checking on dinner. Chloe had went up stairs and the doorbell sounded throughout the house, and he felt a smile upon his lips when he realized Tanya must've forgotten her keys once again. He jogged to the door with a smile plastered on his face.

"Tanya...you're always forgetting your-" he began till his smile dropped as he came face to face with Oliver.

"Oliver?" Kaleb said wide eyes and mouth gaped.

"Hello cousin." Oliver said with his arms crossed. "I came for my daughter."