Chapter 24

"I want you to invite your family, Tanya," Kaleb said as the two sat in the kitchen planning the basics of their wedding. They've been engaged for 4 weeks now, and the Tanya was set on only having a small or no ceremony, just going to the courthouse and getting hitched. Kaleb on the other hand...wanted to invite his whole family, along with Tanya's joining the two, even inviting Oliver...surprisingly. Kaleb and had sent out his set of invitations, but Tanya was hesitant on who from her family she'd invite...which was no one. The wedding was to take place within December, meaning they had a 2 month grace period for preparations.

"No, first you want to invite Oliver and his parents even his wife, and now you're telling me to invite my family?! Kaleb, no." Tanya argued as she sat across from him with baby Quinton bouncing on her lap.

"Look, if we're getting married I want everyone to know you and me aren't separating. I love you and I want to meet the people related to you, I know your parents aren't here...but sweetheart... I want to get to know all of you. At least invite some of the family you're comfortable with." He pleaded.

"You're all about compromising aren't you?" Tanya laughed. Chloe walked in and tugged on Kaleb's unbuttoned white dress shirt. He smiled at her and picked her up and placed her on his knee.

"Good morning, baby." Tanya cooed to her daughter.

"Mwning mummy." She smiled as she wiped her face with the back of her hand. "Mwrning Kawup."

"Good morning, lovely." He smiled down at her. "Invite your family Tanya. End of discussion." He sternly said playfully.

Tanya playfully rolled her eyes, and wrote down to invite her two closest family members her aunt and uncle who she trusted with everything that she hadn't talked to in years. This wedding is going to be one hell of a hoedown.

~*~

"They're getting married." Natalia scoffed in disbelief as she stared down at the invitation the royal castle had recently received. The entire royal family sat in the family room reading over the new information, and discussing whether or not to attened.

"Yes, and I think we should go." Oliver said nonchalantly. "Instead better yet...let's host the ceremony and reception here." He beamed.

Natalia looked at him like he'd gone crazy off his meds. "ARE YOU BLOODY MAD?!" She shouted.

"Natalia darling calm down." Thomas said as he rubbed his finger tips to his temples. "Son, we're not going to allow that harlot back into out kingdom. They've both been banished for a reason. Stop this madness." He scolded.

"But father...she is the mother of my children-I want to at least do this for her. And Kaleb, he is our family after all we can't just turn our backs on him, he's getting married," Oliver defended.

"YES MARRIED TO THE WOMAN YOU HAD AN AFFAIR WITH!" Thomas exclaimed.

"I don't care. I think they should do it here. Obviously they're happy in the States so they won't stay long." Oliver said.

"No. Absolutely not." Thomas shook his head. "That is the end of it."

"Fine. Then I won't go to Africa to make amends with a king that you screwed things up with. If you want me to get our reign back into his good graces... you'll do this." He threatened.

"You'll do as I say!" Thomas shouted at his son, his neck and ears along with his nose growing red with wrath.

"No, I'll go...but I'll be sure to screw everything up. And you'll have nothing to do but grin and bear it." He smirked knowing he had his father right where he wanted him. Thomas and King Toluami Saloko had a rough past putting it lightly. Let's just say Thomas wasn't always a man who believed in equal by the eyes of God. And considering that his position of being overthrown by his country, Thomas needed King Toluami to be on his side and help him in rebuilding the funds and government to the states and countries that he reigns.