Chapter 27

"Who's daddy's little girl?" Oliver cooed to Chloe who sat on the floor beside Quinton who sat in a rocker fast asleep after being fed. Chloe had been giving Oliver a hard time, being that he'd scared the shit out of her a few months back in the hospital room when he'd damn near beat the shit out of Kaleb, and stalked her behind her mother's hospital bed.

She still hadn't forgiven him, and Oliver believed it to be because Tanya had Kaleb around her so much that her memories of her real father was beginning to fade away and be replaced by the new man in her mother's and the children's lives.

Oh if he only knew the truth behind the intent.

"Come on Clover," Oliver whined when she continued to pout with her arms crossed over her chest and her eyebrows drawn together in a scowl at her father. "Why have you been this way? I'm trying here, can't you see that?"

"I want my mommee..." She began to wail as the water works once again began to start for the 4th time that day.

"I know you want your mommy sweetheart, but daddy is trying here, can't you cut your ol' father some-" He began as he held on to the teddy bear he'd been trying to give her, desperate for her to forgive him, and let him in, that was until there was a loud slam signaling the door being slammed open, and an unsuspecting intruder to interrupt and seize bonding time.

"KALEPP!" Chloe screeched delightfully as she rose to her feet and ran towards him, he smiled brightly at the young toddler and picked her up swinging her in the air as she giggled.

The sight made Oliver clench the teddy bear so hard his fingers broke the fabric that was to be the neck.

"Can't you for a entire day -hell a week would be better-and just leave me be with my children?!" Oliver snapped at him.

"Oh c'mon lad, don't be such a sourpuss, just because Chloe and little ol' Quinton favor me more doesn't mean you have to get your knickers in a knot." Kaleb smirked as he sat Chloe on his hip. "Right...bruv?"

Oliver was about to rip him a new one until a commotion came from the hallway. The two men looked at one another with confusion written on their faces as they heard gasps, and the sounds of rapid footsteps approaching.

Oliver rushed past him to see a group of the servents all gathered around someone who was stomping towards his direction, and they all seemed to be trying to calm the person down, and help whoever it was.

"...mademoiselle, please you must allow us to call you a doctor, you don't look too good." One of the palace's older French maids Domonique insisted in a hurry tone.

"GET THE FUCK. OUT OF MY WAY!" A familiar feminine voice barked which caused the crowd of maids, butlers, and even one of the guards to disperse and scatter away.

When Tanya's angry, and hatful gaze met Oliver's her scowl deepened, but what really set her off was the sight behind him.

Kaleb holding her daughter.

Her lips pursed together, and she immediately rushed towards them her dirty white wedding dress train in tow. The closer she'd gotten, the more Oliver could see her ruined and flustered face of make-up, her hair was a birds nest on her head, and her dress was torn at the breast area exposing some of her brown flesh that was covered with a matching white lace bra. Oliver had to think quick, he was the reason she looked the way she looked, and right now she looked like she was about to explode.

'FUCK!,' He thought to himself. 'Just 2 more days, 2 more days and we were supposed to be out of here!'

"GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER!" She shouted when she finally reached the duo.