Chapter 1

"Hey, bud." I looked at my mom standing in my bedroom doorway looking nervous.

"Hey, mom, everything okay?" I asked she fidgeted with something behind her back. I noticed she was holding a card in her hand.

"Is that?" She nodded bring the card out from behind her back.

"From your birth mom." I grew up knowing I was adopted. Even have a picture from their wedding when I was a kid. Every year on my birthday I would get a birthday card from them.

"Go ahead and read it. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." I nodded taking the card and opening it.

Happy eighteenth birthday!! Wow, I can't you are eighteen. It seems like it was yesterday you were still in my belly. Your mom sent me a picture. You're so handsome, you remind of my twin brother when he was your age.

I know you have a lot of questions I'm sure. Whatever you want to know don't be afraid to ask. If you need a break or anything you are always welcome here. Whatever you need we will be here.

Love Courtney.

I read the letter over reading up on how my siblings were doing. That's one thing I wish I had was a sibling. When I was around four mom and dad tried to adopt again but the mother changed her mind at the last minute.

I walked into the kitchen where my mom was making dinner. It's just been the two of us since my dad died a couple of years ago. Courtney and Aaron reached out to me and made sure that if we needed anything we would be there.

"Making your favorite."

"Thanks."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Is it wrong I want to see them?"

"No of course not. I will support you in whatever you decide."

"I have so many questions and I have siblings."

"Colby it's okay I understand. If you want I can go with you. I would like to see her again and thank her for the best gift." I nodded wrapping my arms around my mom. She's always tried her best to fill the void I was feeling but seeing Courtney will fill it.

"Love you, mom."

"Love you too bud." She kissed my cheek letting me go. I walked back upstairs back into my room where I pulled out my laptop. Signing into Facebook I had a friend request from Aria Thomas.

"My sister," I whispered to myself as I hit accept. I clicked on her profile looking her picture over and then there was a picture of her and our mother. The message icon came up letting me know Aria had sent me a message.

"Happy birthday! Sorry if this is weird but I've been dying to reach out to you." I smiled picturing how nervous she probably is.

"It's okay and thank you. I've been wanting to reach out to you too." I talked to Aria a little longer before going downstairs.

"Aria reached out to me."

"Yeah, how was that?"

"Good, I have an idea but I'll have to ask her for sure. I was thinking maybe we could go out there and surprise them. Aria and I could figure out something." She nodded setting a plate down in front of me.

***

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe this is happening." Aria cried as she walked into my arms. The first time I get to hold one of my sisters in my arms.

"Hi, Aria."

"Mom was right you look like Uncle Logan." I pulled away just a little wiping her tears away as she held onto me.

"She doesn't know right?"

"Nope, doesn't know anything. They should be leaving Carson's baseball game any minute down." I nodded pulling away walking over to my mom.

"Aria this is my mom. Mom this is my sister." Aria walked over hugging mom.

"Mom always talks about how thankful she is for you guys."

"You're parents have given me and my husband the greatest gift."

We grabbed our bags before following Aria in her car. The whole way to her house she would steal glances at me.

"Sorry I just can't believe this is finally happening."

"It's okay I feel the same way." I smiled trying to reassure her.

"Colby, how are you feeling?" Mom asked as I turned to look at her.

"I'm nervous and a little overwhelmed. You sure you're okay with this?" She squeezed my hand smiling at me.

"Of course. I knew this day was going to come eventually. I'm happy for you and you know I will always be here for you." I nodded. No matter what mom and dad have supported me in everything I've wanted to do.

"It's just our parents and siblings right."

"Yeah. I texted Carson just to make sure. I haven't told anyone you guys are here." When Aria reached out to me a week ago I knew it was only a matter of time before meeting everyone. For a while, I didn't know if I wanted to meet everyone. A letter from Courtney after my dad's funeral changed my mind.

"We're here." I nodded as we pulled up to the hotel. Aria came up with a plan so everyone would meet us here. Mom checked in while I got our stuff settled into our room. Aria came over giving me another hug.

"I'm so happy I get my big brother." I smiled kissing her forehead as she checked her phone again. I saw a message from our mom letting her know they are here.

"Okay, you ready?" I nodded taking in a couple of deep breathes. We followed Aria to the restaurant where everyone was waiting in the lobby. A little boy is attached to Aaron's leg. My brother showing something to our sister on his phone. Then finally my eyes landed on Courtney in the middle. She looked at her phone probably checking where Aria is.

"Mom." She looked up from her phone, locking eyes with me. Her hand came up covering her mouth as tears filled her eyes.

"Mom, you okay?" My brother asked she nodded her head.

"Colby." She whispered making her way over to me.

"Sorry for just showing up."

"You are more than welcome here. Can I?" I nodded she wrapped her arms around me.

"Colby." She whispered pulling away looking me over. I held onto her tightly as I finally felt right.