Chapter 3

"You okay?" Aria asked grabbing my hand.

"Yeah, I'm still wrapping my head around everything."

"You want to leave at any point just let me know." I nodded pulling her into a hug.

"I finally get to be an overprotective big brother." She shook her head pulling away. Opening the door Aria pulled me inside to a group of people.

"Colby this is my best friend Henry. Our moms are also best friends. Henry this is my brother Colby."

"Hey, nice to meet you."

"You too I've heard a lot about you." He smiled shaking my hand. I looked around and found Bailey talking to a few other people. Aria went over to Bailey hugging her while I slowly followed her over. Bailey and Harper smiled hugging me. Slowly I pulled away locking eyes with emerald greens eyes. She gasped making Harper turn and look at her.

"Jade," I whispered taken her in. It's been two years since I've locked eyes with the girl that stole my heart.

"You two know each other?" Aria asked as Jade nodded her head.

"Okay umm, I'm going to hang out with Henry if you need me," Aria said pulling the other girls with her.

"It's good to see you." I smiled walking closer to her. She nodded looking at me nervously.
"Hi."

"Hey."

"You look good."

"Thanks, you look beautiful." She blushed as I reached for her hand pulling her into my arms. She wrapped her arms around me resting her face against my neck.

"I've missed you." She nodded pulling away looking me over.

"Can we take a walk?"

"Sure."

"I'm just going to tell Aria." She nodded as I walked over to Aria letting her know what is going on. Aria looked between me and Jade before nodding her head. I followed Jade's lead outside where we found a quiet spot on the porch. She pulled away resting her back against the house as I sat on the porch railing across from her.

"How do you know Aria?" She asked looking down at her shoes.

"She's my little sister." I smiled watching her head snap up to look at me.

"What?" I nodded as she looked me over.

"My birth mother reached out to me on my birthday. Then Aria reached out and we started talking. We planned a weekend where I came and surprised everyone. I have two more days here before heading back."

"I knew you always wanted to meet your birth parents, I'm happy for you. How are you doing with everything?"

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. My siblings are pretty great." She walked over, taking my hands in hers.

"And Aaron and Courtney?"

"Their great too. Courtney and I talked a little about what it was like when I was born. Seeing her again I feel like I found a piece of me again."

"Your birth father." I sighed taking my hand away from hers running it through my hair.

"He's in jail."

"I'm sorry."

"He's where he should be. Aaron was with my mom the whole time she was pregnant with me. That's why Aaron is my middle name."

"How's your mom?"

"I think she's happy for me and thankful seeing Courtney again. I'm her only family and now I have all of this."

"You are always going to be her little boy."

"Enough about me what's going on with you." She pulled away walking backward hitting the wall. Her head turned to look at the ceiling as I started the tears start to build up.

"Jade."

"I'm sorry." I walked over pulling her into my arms. She wrapped her arms around me resting her head against my chest.

"There you two are, come on we're playing a game," Aria said looking between the two of us.

"We will be right there." She nodded as I brought my attention back to her. I whipped the tears away as she sighed.

"You okay?"

"Yeah come on let's go spend time with your family." I nodded following Jade inside to the rest of the crew. Bailey introduced me to her boyfriend Wyatt while Aria introduced me to a few other people.

"I have to go," Jade said pulling away from me.

"Can you stay a little longer?" She shook her head checking her phone again.

"No, I have to go."

"Let me walk you out." She hugged everyone before heading over to the door. I grabbed her hand before she got too far pulling her back to me.

"It's really good to see you. I want to see you again before I leave."

"Have Aria give you my number. Colby I really have to go." I kissed her forehead before she raced off catching up with another girl. Sighing I walked back into the house wrapping my arm around Aria's shoulder.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay let's hang out for a little longer then go."

"Sounds good."

We hung out for another catching up and playing games before heading back to the hotel.

"So how do you know Jade?"

"We used to date before she moved here. Her parents didn't approve of her being in a relationship."

"So they moved her all the way here only to have your family here." She laughed making me laugh at how ironic it is.

"It is a little fun but I don't know. Thank you for letting me hang out with you guys tonight."

"Of course. I know we didn't spend a lot of time together but I'm glad we got to spend some time." I nodded as we pulled up to the hotel.

"Text when you get home and text me Jade's number."

"Of course big brother. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." I smiled climbing out of the car. I waved goodbye watching her drive away. Quietly I made my way back into the hotel room trying not to wake my mom.

"Colby."

"It's my mom go back to bed." She sat up turning on the light to look at me.

"How was your night?"

"It was good. I meet a few people and I also saw Jade."

"Jade Shaw?" She gasped as I nodded my head.

"Yeah, she's here. Go back to bed mom it's late."

"Glad you had fun. Love you buddy."

"Love you too mom." I grabbed a change of clothes heading to the bathroom to change. After quickly changing I crawled into bed checking my phone.

Aria: made it home safe. Here's Jade's number. Night big brother.

I smiled remembering the feeling of Jade back in my arms.