Chapter 17

Colby

"Colby, you free to study with us later?" one of my classmates, Becca, asked. I shut my chem book before turning towards her.

"Nah, I'll have to pass. Thank you, though." I put my book in my bag, throwing it over my shoulder. 

"Come on. You never join us."

"Sorry, I just don't have the time." I shrugged, walking out of the room. 

"Colby!" I heard turning to find Jade walking over to me. I smiled, opening my arms as she wrapped her arms around me. 

"How did it go?"

"Good, I'm enrolled in the spring. I can't believe I'm finally going back."

"Me and the twins are proud of you. You're going to do amazing as always."

"Well, I couldn't have done it without you." She smiled, leaning up kissing me. A throat cleared, making us pull apart. I frowned, pulling away finding Becca frowning at us.

"Who are you?" Jade asked as she rested her head against my chest.

"I'm one of his lab partners. We're trying to get him to go to the study group."

"Like I already said, I'm okay. Besides, I have two of the best study buddies at home." I smirked, making Jade laugh.

"Speaking of, Aria volunteered to babysit tonight. They will be staying at Courtney's, so we get the house to ourselves."

"Perfect. I have one more class. Then I'll meet you at home." She nodded, leaning up for a kiss.

"Love you."

"Love you." Jade slowly pulled away before walking down the hall. I turned to find Becca standing there waiting for me.

"You're married and have kids."

"We're not married, but yes, we do have twins together."

"Hmm, interesting."

"Umm, sure. Listen, I have to get going." I left, leaving Becca standing there.

After my last case, I headed home to find my sister playing with the twins. Alex turned and looked at me before curling back into Aria's side.

"Your dad is home." That got Addie's attention, making her look at me. I smiled, walking over scooping her into my arms.

"Hi, princess. Where's your momma?"

"She went to the store, so I offered to hang with these two a little earlier."

"Thank you for watching them."

"Of course. You two deserve a night of fun." I nodded, walking over giving them both a kiss before setting Addie down with them.

"So, what's going on with you and Henry?"

"It's awkward. We're both scared of how it's going to change things. I don't want to lose him either."

"From what I've seen of you two, I think you'll work it out. Change is scary, believe me, but sometimes it's for the better." I smiled, looking at all three of them. If things didn't change, I might have not known about the twins or have my sister here.

"I know you're right."

"Take your time." I smiled, squeezing her shoulder. 

"I'm really glad to have you in my life. Not only because I have these two but for support. Love you, big brother."

"Love you too, little sis. I'm happy I'm here too."

"Momma!" 

"Hey, guys." The twins ran over, tackling their mom making me smile. I walked into the twin's room, grabbing their overnight bag.

"Come give daddy a hug." They turned around, running over jumping into my arms. I turned my head, giving them both kisses on their cheeks. 

"Love you. Be good for aunt Aria and nana Courtney."  Addie ran over to Jade as I carried Alex out to the car. 

"Don't be scared to call us at any time."

"They will be fine. You two have fun, okay." Aria smiled, hugging Jade. I buckled them in before pulling Jade into my arms. She squeezed my hands as we watched Aria drive away.

"I'm going to get into the shower, or do you want to go first."

"Go ahead." I nodded, going to the bathroom.

"Is there room for two?" I turned to find Jade opening the shower door. I smiled, pulling her in, so she was getting hit with the warm water.

"There is always room for you," I smirked, leaning down pressing my lips to hers. 

"So, who was that girl?"

"Becca, she's in my chem class. There's a study group with a couple of other people, and she's been trying to get me to go."

"You're not failing, right?"

"No, of course not. The only people I want to study with are in this house."

"She does seem pretty into you."

"Well, I'm into you. I love you."

"I love you too." She snuggled into my side as I washed her back. She moaned as she massaged her backside. 

"Colby." She moaned as she lifted her head, leaning in for a kiss. 

"It's just you and me, baby." I lifted her, pressing her against the shower wall. Her legs and arms wrapped securely around me. 

"This is just what I needed." She moaned, taking another bite of pizza. After our shower, I ordered a pizza for a date night in. 

"You are so sexy. You know that." I leaned over, kissing the pizza sauce off her face. 

"I'm sure I am."

"Jade." 

"Do you remember how skinny I was when we first got together?" I set the pizza down, turning towards her. I reached for her pulling her into my lap. My hands rested on her sides, making her groan.

"Colby, don't." She groaned, shaking her head as tears started to fill her eyes.

"Jade, look at me, please." I reached up, gently cupping her chin, making her look at me. 

"I love you. I love your new curves there sexy as hell. Your body carried our children and hopefully will carry more. All I want to do is worship your body and love the way you deserve. I love every inch of you. I loved you then, and I love you even more now." She cried as she leaned down, pressing her lips to mine. 

"I'm sorry." I shook my head, wiping her tears away as she rested her head against my chest. I ran my hands through her hair, trying to calm her down.

"There's nothing to be sorry for. I'm here for you to lean on and support."