Chapter 2

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that we are here visiting my birth family. After dinner yesterday we agreed to meet at the hotel so the kids could swim.

"Colby throw me." My littlest brother Calum swam over. I smiled taking him into my arms throwing him a few feet away. He came up laughing looking over at our brother Carson.

"Hey." I looked up to see Courtney sitting down on the edge of the pool.

"Hey."

"They're not bothering you too much right." She smirked as we looked over at them. Belle was on Aria's shoulders while Calum was on Carson's.

"No their great."

"You all are." I nodded looking her over. She smiled turning to look at me.

"While you have a minute would you like to come to talk to me outside."

"Sure." She nodded as I climbed out of the pool going over to my towel.

"Colby what are you doing get back in the pool!" Calum yelled making me laugh.

"I will in a little bit." He frowned as I followed Courtney outside. We walked over to the railing overlooking the city.

"I'm really glad you're here Colby." She smiled reaching to squeeze my hand.

"Me too, it's still so surreal."

"I know what you mean. I know you have a million questions you want to ask. You can ask anything you want." I nodded looking over the city thinking of a question.

"Does my father know about me?"

"Yes. I've been in contact with his mother throughout the years. I have no contact with him."

"And Aaron?"

"He's been by my side since everything happened. I got to choose your middle name, that why it is Aaron. He was my safe place, he was there when I needed him the most."

"Can I ask why?" She nodded looking over the city.

"Towards the end of your father's and I relationship it was toxic. The way you were conceived was not the best way for lack of better words. After everything happened it sent me into a spiral. I love you and I want you to have better. I was scared I was only going to get worse and spiral. I wanted you to have someone more stable and was able to give you the attention you deserve."

"Do I look like him?" She looked back at me and nodded.

"There a few things, but thankfully you got more of the Underwood genes."

"I'm sorry that happened to you." She took both my hands bringing my full attention to her.

"As terrible as it was, I got you out of it. Even though I didn't get to raise you, a deserving couple did. It was the hardest decision of my life but it was the right one."

"Thank you for everything you did."

"Of course and if you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask."

"Do I get to meet anyone else?"

"I was leaving that up to you. If you're ready a few people are dying to see you."

"Yeah, I would like that." She smiled as the door burst open and Calum came running out.

"Come get in a pool."

"Calum, manners."

"Please Colby." I nodded walking over scooping him into my arms bringing him back over to the pool. Aaron tossed in a ball occupying the younger siblings.

"Do you play any sports?" Carson asked tossing me the ball.

"Yeah I've been playing baseball since I was a kid."

"Same here maybe while you're here we can go to the batting cages or something."

"Sounds like a plan."

After spending a little more time at the pool mom and I headed back up to our room. I jumped into the shower before crashing onto my bed.

"How are you doing with everything?"

"Okay for the most part. It feels like a dream you know. Later I get to meet more of everyone."

"I think I'm going to stay back and maybe take a nap."

"You can come too."

"You need some time with them. I will be okay I'm a big girl." she smiled pulling out some of her clothes to take a shower.

"You know you will always be my mom." she sighed walking over sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I know and I don't want you to feel guilty for letting Courtney into your world either. Without her, I wouldn't have you." I nodded hugging her. She was right without Courtney I would have never known my parents. My dad would have never taught me baseball.

"Hey." Aria smiled pulling up to the hotel. I smiled climbing into the front seat.

"Hey."

"You nervous?" I shrugged trying not to think about it.

"A little bit. Who is all going to be there?"

"Our grandparents. Aunt Zoey and Uncle Logan with their six kids. Bailey is the oldest and just a couple of months younger than you. There's Harper, Paisley, the twins Liam and Lucas, and finally Caitlyn."

"And Courtney had five kids I can imagine how many more cousins we have." She giggles making me sigh.

"No only six more. Three from Tristion and then three from Ashley. That doesn't count Kacie's kids which is Ashley's daughter." I nodded trying to figure out how I'm going to remember everyone's names. We pulled up to what I assumed is Courtney's house.

"This is our grandparent's house." I nodded following Aria up to the house. This place was huge and not what I was expecting at all. Opening the door we were greeted by a woman who I assume is my grandma. Tears welled up in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm so glad I'm still around so I can see you again. You're so handsome." She pulled away cupping my cheeks looking me over.

"Hi."

"Landon come here." She yelled bringing me back into her arms.

Grandpa Landon came over hugging me before everyone else came over to meet me. I walked into the living room where the older kids were hanging out.

"Hey if you're up for it a couple of us are getting together tomorrow if you want to hang out?" Bailey asked as I looked at Aria.

"It will be fun. You can spend more time with us."

"Yeah sounds fun."