Chapter 23

Colby

"Hey, man, haven't seen you around much." Sonny walked over, taking a seat at my table in the library.

"Yeah, been busy with the kids and all."

"Twins, right?"

"Yeah, and another on the way." I sighed, running my hands down my face. After the excitement wore off, the stress started to creep in. Jade's been great about everything, but I can tell the stress is catching up with her.

"Planned?"

"Yeah. We lost a baby then couldn't get pregnant for a while. So I didn't get to experience everything the first time around, so I'm soaking in everything this time."

"Well, I'm happy for you, man. School going okay?"

"For the most part." 

"Jade still going?"

"Yeah, after this semester, she's going to switch to online." I smiled as I could feel her presence walk into the room. I looked over to the door away, finding her standing and talking to another student. She looked over and smiled before saying goodbye to the student. I opened my arms, pulling her into a hug as she got closer.

"Hey, we were just talking about you."

"I'm sure. Hey Sonny." She smiled at him as she sat on my lap. My hands instantly finding her little bump under her sweater.

"Jade, good to see you, and congratulations."

"Thank you."

"How are you feeling?" I asked, making her look back at me.

"Pretty good but a little tired."

"We don't have to go see Aria tonight."

"I'll be okay. We just don't have to stay long. The kids are going with mom and Jane tomorrow so that I can catch up a little."

"Just let me know." She nodded, leaning in for a peck. 

"Well, Well, look who we have here, the happy couple." I groaned, pulling away hearing the sound of Becca's voice. 

"Becca, what can we do for you?" I hissed, turning to look at her.

"Haven't seen you around. Figured you dropped out by now."

"Nope, still on track with everything."  

"I need to get going. I'm going to see Emily and Saige."

"Do you want me to pick you up from there or meet you there?"

"I'll meet you at home and get the twins ready."

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too." She gave me a lingering kiss before pulling away. She smirked, resting her hand against her belly before walking away. I looked back at Sonny, who was smirking while Becca was shaking her head.

"Looks like someone can't keep their legs closed." I whipped my head around as my blood began to boil.

"Don't you dare say anything about her ever again? You don't know us or our story. Our kids are everything to us, and you of all people will not ruin that." I hissed, gathering my stuff throwing it into my bag.

"Sonny, it's good to see you. Text me some time, and we'll get together." He nodded as I left the library. 

Jade

"How are you feeling?" Saige asked as I sat down on the couch. Addie came running over, curling up to my side. Alex was curled up with Emily watching something on her phone. 

"Pretty good. This pregnancy has been good to me." I made it through most of my first trimester without realizing I was pregnant. Now my belly has popped into a baby bump. The twins have been attached at my side since the minute they found out about the baby.

"Good, and you look good too. So you and Colby are doing okay, right?"

"Yeah. I can tell he's a little more stressed, but he does have a lot on his plate. With school and everything else. I'm a little worried about him."

"Are you guys going to take a babymoon or anything?"

"Haven't thought about it, but it might be a good idea." Colby and I haven't had a lot of alone time since we've gotten engaged. With summer break coming up soon, it might be a good idea. 

"What do you think, Addie, maybe spend some time with Aunt Saige and Aunt Emily?" Saige asked, tickling Addie's sides making her giggle.

"We'll see. I don't think we can be away from them for too long. Both of them are attached to their baby." I smiled as Addie jumped off the couch. 

"Daddy!" They both yelled, making me turn to look at him. Alex and Addie ran over, hugging their dad.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were studying."

"I thought I would come to hang out with my favorite people instead." I nodded as I walked over, wrapping my arms around his waist. He wrapped his arms around me, tightly resting his chin against my neck. 

"I love you." He breathed before kissing me.

"I love you too. What happened?"

"Becca said some things, and I wasn't going to have it." I nodded. 

"You walked away."

"After I defended you." 

"You shouldn't have to. Maybe next time she's around, we can have a little chat."

"Jade."

"No, if she wants to say something about my babies and me, she better be able to say it to my face. No one messes with momma and her babies."

"Just please be careful." I nodded. 

"Hey, you two ready to go see aunt Aria and the baby?" I asked the twins as they nodded. Colby gathered their things while the girls helped me get them ready.

"You're going to Jane's for the party, right?"

"Of course. Mom and I are making the cake." 

"We will see you guys there." I nodded as Colby came over, helping me get the twins in the car. I rested my head against Colby's arm as we drove over to Aria and Henry's. 

"Hey, guys, come on in." Aria smiled as she answered the door. The twins ran inside, finding Henry holding Aralia. "

"There's the little peanut." I smiled, reaching for her pulling her into my arms. I found a spot on the couch where we could curl up. The twins went over to Aria and Henry, catching them up with everything. Colby came over, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I can't wait for our little one." He whispered as Arailia smiled up at him.

"Won't be long." I smiled, kissing her little fingers. 

"Hey, have you two thought of a name yet?" Aria asked as I nodded.

"Jack after my father. Jackson Aaron after the two men that put me first."

"I love it, and I know mom and dad will love it too." I squeezed Colby's hand, letting him know I was happy with him. 

"They both mean a lot, and it feels right." She nodded, walking over to hug him.