Chapter 11

Colby

"So, how are you doing with everything?" Aria came over, sitting down next to me. The twins were in front of us, playing in the sand.

"Honestly, it's a lot, but I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Momma," Alex yelled, looking around for Jade.

"She's taking a walk with nana Courtney," I told him as I got up, sitting down next to him. I pointed to where they were so Alex could see them.

"Should we take them by the water?" Aria asked, sitting down by Addie.

"Let's go sit by it and wait for them." I nodded, picking up Alex taking him over to the water. He sat down, splashing his hands in the water.

"You know I've never seen mom this happy. You being here as brought a new light for her."

"I'm happy to be here." I smiled, watching Addie look up at her aunt.

"Mama," Addie yelled as they walked back over to us. Jade walked over, sitting down next to me.

"Do you like the water?" Jade asked as Addie crawled over to her.

"Mama."

"Hi baby, are you hungry?"

"I brought snakes. Aria, come help me with them." The twins went to Courtney and Aria, leaving me with Jade. I got up, turning to her reaching for her. She smiled, taking my hands as I pulled her up.

"Take a swim with me." I smiled, pulling her into the ocean. Her arms wrapped around my waist as I pulled her into me.

"How was talk?"

"It was good. She's so strong. I could not imagine everything she went through. What you went through."

"I wouldn't be where I am without her or my parents. I'm so thankful that Aaron is in her life."

"Do you think you would ever want to meet your birth father or his family?" I sighed, resting my forehead against hers.

"As far as I'm concerned, Aaron is my birth father. For right now, I'm okay with not knowing." She nodded, leaning up to kiss my chin.

"You know I'm here if you want to talk about it." I pulled my hands from her waist, bringing them up to cup her cheeks.

"Maybe one of these nights, I can get you alone. The babies have plenty of people willing to watch them." She sighed, leaning into my touch.

"That does sound perfect." I smiled, leaning down to peck her lips. She smiled, pulling away looking up at me.

"I'm happy your here."

"Me too."

"We should go check on the kids." I nodded, giving her another kiss before heading in. Addie ran over as I scooped her into my arms.

"Hi, princess, are you having fun?"

"Think they are getting a little tired." Courtney smiled at Alex, who was in her lap. I sat down on the towel with Addie curling up to me.

"Would you guys be willing to take on two more for the night?" I asked Courtney, looking over at Jade. The twins have been bouncing around houses but never stayed away from us. I'm hoping with the little kids there. They will be okay.

"Of course, these two are always welcome to stay with us."

"Thank you. I'll get them in the bath, so you won't have to worry about that." Jade told Courtney.

***

"You ready for this momma?" I asked, grabbing Jade's hand as we pulled up to Courtney's house.

"Yes and no. I'm ready for a night. It's just us, but I've never been away from them."

"We're just a phone call away." I squeezed her hand before we got out of the car. I pulled Addie into my arms before grabbing the baby bag.

"Mom their here," Callum yelled through the house as he opened the door.

"Thanks, buddy." I set Addie down, and she went right for Belle while Alex went to Callum. I wrapped my arm around Jade, bringing her to the kitchen where Courtney and Aaron are.

"Hey, guys." Aaron smiled, looking up at us.

"Hey, thank guys again for taking them." Courtney smiled, walking around the counter to give us both a hug.

"You four are always welcome here. I'm soaking up every minute I have with them."

"They both bathed and had a nap, but I'm sure they will go down early tonight."

"We hope." I smirked, kissing Jade's temple."

"They will be fine," Courtney reassured Jade.

"What are you guys doing tonight?"

"Get some food and watch the sunset."

"You two have fun and enjoy yourself." we walked over, pulling the twins in our arms."

"You guys have fun and be good. We love you." We said our goodbyes and headed to the pier.

"You okay?" I asked as we got out of the truck. She nodded, taking my hand as I pulled her into me.

"Yeah. I'm just happy to be here with you." She smiled as I leaned down, kissing her.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here with you." I kissed her cheek, bringing her over to one of the food booths. We got our food before going over to a table closest to the water.

"We haven't had the chance to talk about it, but what's going on with school?" She asked as she picked up a fry and eating it.

"Honestly, I haven't too much about it. You three and my family have been my focus."

"You're still going, right?"

"I want to. I want to be able to provide for you guys." She reached over, squeezing my hand.

"Colby, whatever you decide, we will always be there to support you."

"I don't want to be away from you guys. So if I go to school, I would like for you to come with me. I know you have all the support at your aunt's house, but..."

"Wherever you go, we're going too." I moved over, wrapping my arm around her bringing her into my side.

"You make me the happiest man alive."

"I love you." She whispered before pressing her lips to mine.