j.d

"come on, y/n, it'll be fun!" my roommate, katie, yelled at me.

"somehow i doubt that." i said looking up from my notebook. "besides i have a ton of studying to do."

"that's what sundays are for! but it's 8 o'clock on a saturday night, so get your butt in some sexy ass clothes and let's go," she said, tugging my arm. i gave in, only because i wouldn't hear the end of it tomorrow. "besides there's this cool new band playing tonight. i hear the drummer's pretty cute." she added, winking.

i was more of an introverted person, i didn't enjoy going to parties for long, and bars were not my scene. so that fact that katie actually convinced me to go was amazing. i got into my "sexy ass clothes" and i did look good. that made me feel a little bit better about going out. katie slapped my ass.

"yes girl!" she exclaimed proudly. definitely the extrovert.

the bar was crowded and the stage was set up with drums, amps and a microphone. the stage took up a bit of space, meaning that the already crowded bar was getting a bit squishy. katie had to hold onto my hand so we wouldn't lose each other.

after i had a few drinks, and the music was playing, i started to loosen up, and have a good time. katie was right, the drummer was cute. but something about the bassist intrigued me. he shot me a look, i made eye contact, and smiled. he blushed, and messed up a little. i mouthed a 'sorry'.

before i knew it the gig was over. katie grabbed my hand again, and turned to me.

"we should find them out back! i'm sure that bassist would be happy to introduce himself." she slurred, trying to shout over the noise in the room. my cheeks flushed, and i nodded. i wasn't going to pass up on a chance like that. we pushed our way out of the bar, through the halls, until we found a big 'EXIT' sign. i opened the door and saw four guys standing near a van, packing up their instruments.

"hi boys!" a drunken katie yelled from the top of the staircase.

"well hello darling!" a dark brunette said. i think he was the singer. "what's your name?"

"i... am katie, and this is my friend y/n. i'm looking at you, bassist." i looked at him, mouthing another sorry. "and you, drummer, you're cute!" she said, sitting on his lap.

"i'd really like to apologise for her, she's had a bit to drink." i nervously laughed.

"that's quite alright. i'm brian," he shook my hand and smiled. "that's freddie," he pointed at the brunette.

"hi dear." he kissed my cheek.

"that's rog- oh." i looked over. katie and roger were already making out. typical. he waved a little, not breaking the kiss.

"and over there, that's john, but we call him deaky." john didn't look up, but a small 'hello' came out. "he can be a bit shy."

"oh i'm not exactly a partier myself. katie is the one who dragged me here tonight, but i'm glad i came."

"that's good to hear." an unfamiliar voice said. that must be john.

"you're all quite talented. i wouldn't be surprised if you guys go big."

"thank you, that means a lot to us." brian said. he gestured over to john who was telling you to go over to him.

"what's up john?" i said with a sweet smile. he met my eyes.

"um i-i was just wondering if maybe you'd want to see another gig? m-maybe we could do something before or after even? just us?" he stumbled over his words a little, but i found it cute.

"oh that's sounds lovely deaky- oh can i call you that?" he nodded enthusiastically, he was excited.

"i like the way it sounds coming out of your mouth." i smiled again, blushing. i threw my arms around his neck and stood up on my tippy-toes. we pulled apart, his hands still around my waist. "c-can i kiss you?"

"yes." i nodded. and let me tell you, that was the best damn kiss of my life. we heard cheers coming from the rest of the band. "get it deaky!"

i couldn't wait until their next gig.

wc; 739 words
kinda unoriginal and the ending was cliche sorry