b.m

saying that brian is stressed would be an understatement. we were both sitting in the living area of his apartment. my eyes skimmed over the pages of the book in my hands, and brian was writing a song for his upcoming album 'a night at the opera'. he's told me that freddie thinks it's going to be unlike anything they've ever done before. he had already written two songs, 'sweet lady' and 'good company'. brian was a creative guy. he would think up impossible situations and write songs about them. my personal favourite was 'white queen'.

"y/n!" my thoughts were interrupted when i heard brian groan. i looked up, and saw him throw his head back, while also throwing his notebook to the side. "i can't figure out the next lyric." he sighed.

"come here." i mouthed, while gesturing for him to sit down next to me. i closed my book and put it on the coffee table and faced my boyfriend. "what's the idea of your song?" i asked him.

"well, it's about a group of volunteers who go out into space, in search of another planet to live on. their trip is successful, but when they come back, they find that their friends and family are all dead or quite old." he explained.

"jesus, bri! that's so depressing." i said to him, laughing a little. he laughed too.

"so can you help me, my love?" he stared straight into my eyes.

"well, i can try."

in less than an hour, we had figured out all of the lyrics. it was now up to him and the rest to figure out their musical parts. we climbed into bed. even though we did nothing all day, we were both pretty tired. out of nowhere, brian kissed my temple, and whispered in my ear.

"thank you for the help, princess." i turned to face him.

"it's nothing, bri, it was all you. i was just there to help it along." i replied. he kissed me sweetly, and gently placed his hand on my cheek. my hands found their way to his hair, and tangled themselves in it. as soon as my lungs started burning for oxygen, i pulled away, and smiled at him. he winked.

"okay, it's time to actually go to sleep now, my dear." i said to him, while slipping under the covers, so that i was lying down rather than sitting up. he did the same, and pulled me close, so that my head rested on his chest.

"you know, you're the best pillow." i joked to him.

"good thing you're a great teddy bear," he laughed along. "goodnight, y/n."

"goodnight, bri."

the sunlight streaming through the curtains is what disrupted my sleep.

"which bitch didn't close the fucking curtains last night?" i mumbled to myself, smelling my breath and cringing at the same time. i came to the realisation that it was me who didn't close the fucking curtains. i'm bitch. in my many attempts to escape brian's grip on me, not one was successful. but eventually, i wriggled my way out, in ways i'm not even sure i can explain. once i had brushed my teeth, as quietly as possible, i went over to the window so i could block out the sun to try and save brian's slumber.

turns out that was also unsuccessful.

"morning, babe." i heard a raspy voice from behind me. i turned around to see brian still cozy in bed. the only thing that gave away that he was awake was his open eyes.

"did i wake you? i'm so sorry." i apologised.

"actually, it was the sun," i laughed at that. "what?" he smiled.

"same thing happened to me." i giggled. our peaceful moment was ruined by the loud ringing of the telephone in the living area. "i'll grab it, i'm already up." brian complied without protest, rolling over. i walked outside the bedroom, and picked up the phone, my fingers fiddling with the cord.

"hello?" i greeted.

"y/n?" the voice that came through was john's. he sounded panicked.

"yes, it's me john. you sound worried, is everything alright?" i asked.

"uhm, no."

"what's going on? are you at home, or the studio?"

"well, i'm at the studio, and the two children need their mother." the two children need their mother? who are the children? am i the mother?

"uh, could you elaborate john?"

"freddie and roger are fighting and we need the mother hen."

"me?"

"no, no, brian." i laughed.

"is that a joke, deaky?"

"absolutely not, y/n." he deadpanned. "it's about roger's car song." the car song. i knew about it, and i had read the lyrics too. it wasn't too bad, but the idea was... off-putting, to say the least. i knew that freddie and roger's spat would turn into a full blown argument, and some sort of tantrum from roger.

"we'll be there soon." i placed the phone down, once john had hung up. "brian!" i yelled. "freddie and roger are fighting again! they need you." i saw him come around the corner, his hair was a mess. i giggled at the sight, and walked over to fix it.

"fucking hell." he whispered. i stayed close to him after finishing with his hair, and his eyes flickered down to my lips. i leaned in, and kissed him. another perfect moment.

after we had eaten breakfast, we heard a knock on the door. we shared a confused look, and brian went to answer it.

"deaky?" i heard brian's voice. i went over to see the two men.

"i've quit queen twice today, and it's not even midday. when were you planning on coming in, exactly?" brian and i laughed. he pressed a quick kiss to my lips, and turned back to john.

"out the door, john. let's calm down that little blonde  bitch." we all laughed. as they walked out, brian poked his head back in. "bye, honey." he said with a wink.

"go sort rog out, love."

wc; 1018 words
messy ending, and this took too long to write