r.t

ok so basically each of the sections is based off of an abba song. it's kinda unoriginal and cringe but whateva lets do this

may 18th, 1969
"rog, you know why i called you over here. don't act like you don't." i told roger as we sat on the couch.

"y/n, i don't want to believe this." a tear slipped his eye, and i felt one threatening in my own.

"please don't make this harder than it has to be." i whispered. we both knew what was ahead.

"just tell me one thing. why?" he asked. his eyes were desperate. "is there someone else?"

"no! no, god no." i replied, slightly surprised he would think like that.

"then why?" he begged.

"roger, i have to go."

"but where to? y/n, i'm so confused. what's going on? why have you been so distant? why are you being so vague now?"

"i'm moving away." after such a big build up, it seemed small, almost unimportant.

"no. y/n stay with me please. you mean everything to me, don't go." tears were streaming down his face now.

"i'm so sorry, roger. but you know that i'll never stop loving you. i wouldn't go if i didn't have to," my voice wavered and i broke down into tears. "i don't want to leave you."

after about 10 minutes of us just crying, roger took me into his chest. holding me tightly, he played with my hair.

"i know this is your dream, my love, so how about this. we go our separate ways. i drum, you become this incredible actress. then in, maybe, 5 years? we find each other again. and we spend the rest of our lives together. because we both deserve it," roger proposed an incredible idea. but i knew in my heart life would get in the way. he'd always been a womaniser. he'll forget all about me and move within a week.

"but if that doesn't work out, then let's make this summer absolutely wonderful." he added.

"as amazing as that all sounds, rog, i can't exactly do that. and neither can you. life just doesn't work like that." i responded.

"have faith." he said simply. he tightened his grip on me, making me feel protected and calm. we fell asleep in each other's arms.

august 26th, 1969
roger's pov
"so this is it?" i asked her. her head whipped around and she gave me a sad, sort of sympathetic smile.

i soaked it all up. over the summer, her hair became lighter, and her skin became sun kissed, after many days at the beach in barcelona. that holiday was a surprise. i told her i was going all out. a last hurrah. her and me in spain for 2 weeks. it was so bittersweet, but i loved every second.

"yes, i guess it is," she said softly. "i'm going to miss you, roger."

"i'm going to miss you too, y/n," i pulled her in for one last hug. "push through it for me."
as she backed away, she nodded, sniffling a little bit.

a wave of sadness hit like a brick wall as i saw her walking away. in that moment, it struck me that i wouldn't see this woman for so many years. and by the time i do see her, she may not be in love with me anymore. and that's the scariest thought of all. i shook it all off. that old melancholy feeling can't get in the way of my life. i have to keep going.

for her.

wc; 611 words
icky ok
defs gonna be a part 2 stick around for that