g.l

i was woken by the cold. something was missing. i groggily rolled over, reaching for gwilym, but he wasn't there. sitting up, i picked up my phone off my nightstand, checking the time. 9:37. where could he be at 9:37 on a sunday? doesn't he want to sleep in?

and then my ears tuned in. he was in the shower. i really need to calm down. while looking through my phone, i checked the weather for today. ah lovely, a top of 7°C. i know what i won't be doing. going outside. after another minute or two i heard the water turn off. gwil will be out of the en-suite any minute now, he was out all day yesterday doing interviews and whatnot and i didn't see him at all. i fell asleep before he got home. but when he didn't exit the en-suite i got worried. so i pulled myself out of bed and knocked on the door.

"gwil? can i come in?" i asked.

"oh, uh- sure, y/n" i heard some fumbling and clattering before i walked in.

our usually neat bathroom had open drawers and stuff pulled out and examined. i soon realised that it was my belongings.

"what happened in here, darling?" i spoke up.

"iwaslookingforyourhairdryer." he said quickly and quietly. i didn't catch any of that.

"pardon?" he sighed and stood up straight.

"i was looking for your hairdryer," i burst out laughing. no way. "i just wanna know how it feels!" he defended himself.

"go get changed, love, i'll teach you how to use it." once he had left, i started to clean up the mess he had made. he came back in a sweatshirt, sweatpants, fluffy socks and a goofy smile. i was so happy i married him.

teaching him how to use a literal hairdryer proved to be a difficult task. it took him a while to grasp the concept that it can blow out hot and cold air. i dried his hair for a little while, explaining what to do, then i let him try it out. after probably 30 seconds, he complained about his arm getting sore, so i took over. once his hair was nice and dry, he scooped me up and took me back to bed.

"it's cold, we should stay under the covers today." he said as he walked out of the en-suite. he laid me down on the bed carefully, then jumped over me and rolled over to his side. i giggled. he was such a five year old. we tangled ourselves up in each other, i pressed kisses against his nose and he wrapped his arms around me, as if to protect me from something that wasn't there.

"your hair is so soft when it's just been washed, gwil." i whispered.

"well thank you, y/n/n. yours looks incredible, as usual." he chuckled. moments like these are what makes life worth living.

wc; 511 words
short fluff for you
kind of like my first ben one so sorry