j.m

young joe mazzello
[series]

young joe mazzello [series]

september 29th, 1999when joe was first introduced in biology, i immediately recognised him

when joe was first introduced in biology, i immediately recognised him. as the teacher directed him to the only empty seat, which was next to me, i started to freak out just a little. after class, i was told to stay back with joe. my opening wasn't exactly as smooth as i would've liked.

"shit! uh- which one was it? tom? no. tim? tim! tim murphy from jurassic park is standing right in front of me!" i tried to figure out what i was seeing in front of me. i could see that he was a little uncomfortable, so i apologised quickly. "oh, sorry. i'm a big jurassic park fan," i giggled. "this is kind of surreal for me." his smile grew.

"that's alright, it's not the first time it's happened to me." he said reassuringly. he placed his hand on mine to calm me down, but all it did was send my heart into a frenzy. the blood rushed to my cheeks. 

"so ms brown told me to go to you for catching up on classwork. apparently you're the top of the class." he nudged me. i blushed again and looked down. i hated being told that because i never know how to respond.

"haha... yeah i guess i am."
we made our way to the library, where i could properly explain the course. he said that i would have to tutor him, and that i'm welcome in his home anytime. and with a wink and a smile, i was head over heels for him.

december 1st
as winter break neared, the assignments and exams kicked in. with joe still being new, there was a lot for me to help him with, which meant a lot of studying at his house, my house, the library, the park, anywhere really. in no time, we had become very good friends. he always said that he liked that i was chill, even though i freaked out when i met him. i told him over and over that i hate thinking about that, but he insists on teasing me about it.

"joe! stop! we really have to study now." i squeal out as joe continues on tickling me. he pinned me down on his bed after i had imitated one of his interviews from when he was younger, and he was talking about getting hit in the head with a metal claw.

"i'll only stop if you stop mocking me!" joe exclaims in return.

"do you really wanna fail your exams?" i say.

"could be worth it."

"absolutely not, joseph!"

"ugh you know i hate that," he groans. he gets off me and flops down beside me. "y/n, you know i'm never gonna pass. i transferred too late. i'll fail and my parents won't let me go to another audition and my career will die and everything will suck and-"

"woah, woah, woah. that's what's on the line? your career? the thing you love most in the world? no way am i letting you fail." i prop myself up onto my elbow, facing him so he can see how serious i am.

"you would do that for me?" he asked, rolling over so he can face me.

"of course, you're my friend." his face dropped a little. it would have been barely noticeable if i wasn't staring at it so intensely.

"right, friends." he said, quietly.

"friends..." i whispered, biting my lip. we both sat up, ready to go back to his desk to continue our work.

suddenly, he looked at me, with something in his eyes. admiration, maybe? once i looked back at him, he leaned in slowly. i knew what was about to happen, but i definitely wasn't prepared. i started to  lean in too, but caught myself and cleared my throat, while standing up quickly.

"i, uh, have to go now. sorry joe..." he looked up at me, a little disappointed. i was disappointed too. "i'll see you at school tomorrow?"

"yeah, definitely." he replied.

i didn't know what was gonna happen tomorrow, but it can't be good.

wc; 709 words
was gonna make this just a one shot but there's a lot i can do so it's a series y'all!!