r.t

part 2 ladies

september 19th, 1969
school had started again. at least, for the students at tisch school of the arts, it had. yes, i had made it. finally. my dream was coming true. but i was missing roger more and more everyday. i was going through the pain of a long distance relationship and a breakup all at the same time.

and apparently it was showing on my face.

"hey, y/n, are you alright?" i heard a sympathetic tone from my roommate, angie, as she walked into our dorm. she was usually so laid back and funny, so hearing this was a new experience. "i've never seen you so sad."

"you've known me for about 20 days, ang." i joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"y/n, you can talk to me. are you homesick?" she asked.

"no, no. there's just a guy back home, and i miss him." i smiled a little, thinking about roger, wondering how he's going.

"i know how it is. i had a guy at home too."

"oh, angie, i'm so sorry! how selfish of me i feel so bad now."

"don't stress about it. we were new, nothing serious. more of a summer fling than anything else. were you and this mystery guy serious?" she cut me off.

"since we were 18."

"oh my. what was he like?"
"he was a drummer. and he had this gorgeous blonde hair. and he was funny, and caring, and a proper gentleman. ang, i've never said this before but i think he's the one." i confessed.

"then why the hell did you break up with him? he sounds incredible!" angie responded.

"i don't fucking know! i won't see him in the next four years, so staying together is impractical."

"y/n, from what it sounds like, you should keep hope alive. it sounds like he really loves you, and you literally just said he's the one."

"okay, okay, okay! calm down. we'll just have to let things run its course. you can't change the future." i told her.

"since when are you philosophical?" she laughed. i pushed her a little, laughing along.

november 3rd, 1973
after 4 years, i was home. i spent some time in the states after graduation to do some travelling, before going back to london. and how excited i was to be back. in all the time i was away, roger never left my mind.

and today i get to see him again. his band had gotten some success, and they were on the rise. except this wasn't smile anymore, this was queen. a new, flamboyant, but incredible nonetheless, lead singer and an incredible bassist. they had toured the us with 'mott the hoople' as an opening act, but i knew that one day they'll get their own show.

we had agreed to meet at the park where he asked me out for the first time, and so, i waited. for about 20 minutes, i sat on a bench in the gazebo and read my book until he arrived. i felt a small tap on my shoulder, and i looked up. there he was. the love of my life. roger taylor.

"rog!" i jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck, beyond exciting to be able to hug him again. his hair was still long, and he was just a smidge taller, but he was the same roger i knew.

"y/n, you don't know how much i missed this," he responded, not letting me go. "i never want to miss it again."

"neither do i, my darling." i told him. he loosened his grip, but kept his hands on my waist. he stared into my eyes for a moment, and smiled. his eyes flickered down to my lips for only a second. i leaned in, since apparently he doesn't have the balls to.

my lips crashed against his, and so many memories flooded my mind. the good, the bad, and everything in between. but in that moment, the most prominent emotion was definitely comfort. familiarity. this felt like home. being in his arms, just enjoying each other's company.

we pulled away because, well, we needed oxygen. we smiled at each other again, overwhelmed with joy.

"you know, y/n, i've been thinking. and i've been thinking about this since the day you left." roger said cryptically.

"thinking about what, my love?"

"well..." he got down on one knee. my hands covered my face. this wasn't happening.

"pinch me." i whispered.

"not now," he laughed and winked. i nervously chuckled. "here's the part where you don't say a thing. just listen, dear. let me tell you a little story. october 27th, 1967. we bump into each other on the street. you spill your coffee. i apologise profusely, and offer to buy you a new one. we spend hours at the coffee shop, just chatting. as we part ways, i tell you that i enjoyed our first date. we laugh. i ask you to meet me in the park the next day, for a real date.
december 31st, 1967. at around 11:58 i ask you to be my girlfriend. you're my new years kiss. you're my new years kiss for the next two years. then you go away. i don't have a new years kiss until 1973. if you'll have me," big grin. "november 3rd. i ask the love of my life to make me the happiest man in the world. y/n y/m/n y/l/n, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" he finished. the tears were slipping out.

"r-roger meddows-s taylor, i wouldn't want it any other way. yes, yes, yes!" he stood up, and put the ring on my finger, that big grin never leaving his face. i jumped into his arms, and he spun me around.

"i think i like the sound of mrs y/n taylor." i said to him.

"i think i do too." he kissed me once more.
bliss.

wc; 1017 words
yeah i'm giving it a predictable ending, what about it?