j.d

requested
for @ThatOneDorkJJ

15th december, 1974
it was inevitable. when john's band released a big single, they would be invited to gigs everywhere, interviews, and of course parties. it seemed that if john wasn't at a rehearsal, gig or meeting, then he was a party. i got that he had places to be, people to see. and i thought that he would remain my john. for the most part, he did.

tonight, freddie has convinced me to go to one of their parties. 'they're so grand, dear! you'll love it.' he had told me. just to humour him, and only to humour him, i agreed to go. i certainly had nothing better to do. i put on my dress, it was casual, but classy, and applied some light makeup. i did my hair quickly, grabbed my purse, and made my way down the stairs.

"eva, love, you look amazing." john said, grabbing my hand, and spinning me around. his smile never wavered.

"as do you, darling," i gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, and glanced up at the clock on the wall. "oh my! we have to go, we'll be late!" we made our way to his car, and drove towards the venue, i was never actually told where it was. but when we arrived, i was shocked. it was a grand mansion, covered in ivy on the facade. i gasped quietly. john squeezed my hand.

"are you alright?" he questioned. i turned my head to face him.

"of course." i flashed a reassuring smile.

"then let's go!" he sounded excited.

the night wasn't as bad as i expected. although there were many people i didn't know, and i didn't think that john did either, we spent most of the night with brian and roger. freddie was floating around somewhere, and he occasionally came over to check on us, making sure that we were ok. he introduced us to a man, daniel. daniel seemed nice enough, and the boys had taken a liking to him. but he seemed to have taken a bit more than a liking to me. the only thing that bothered me were the women that would stare at john, and make some sort of sexual gesture. and john stared back. this worried me. what had he been doing when i wasn't there?

31st december, 1974
it didn't really surprise me that john was at another party tonight, considering it was new year's eve. he begged me to come out tonight, but i decided against it. respecting my wishes, he accepted, and told me that he would've stayed home with me, but there were some important people from the record label that would be there, and that it were imperative that all band members showed up. he did, however, tell me that he would be back by midnight to receive his new year's kiss from me. and so i filled up my time until then, i read, watched tv, and tried to play some piano that freddie had taught me, but i was horrid at it. at around 11:15pm i heard a knock at the door. i knew it couldn't be john, because he wouldn't knock on his own door. i opened it, and to my surprise saw daniel standing before me.

"oh, hello daniel. um, come in." i stepped out of the doorway to let him in.

"hi eva, i was just coming over to get my new year's kiss," oh absolutely not. "since you and john broke up and all."

"what? john and i are happy as ever." i defended.

"word on the street is that that's not true." he advanced toward me. his face was uncomfortably close to mine.

"and who exactly told you that?" i said, crossing my arms impatiently.

"the girl who screwed him a couple weeks ago, of course." an evil smile spread across his face. no. no way. my john wouldn't do that. he wouldn't put me through it. didn't he love me? i broke down crying and daniel comforted me. he held me, and took me over to the couch, coos escaping his mouth.

"hey, hey, i'm sorry. i thought you knew." he said. i couldn't say anything, i couldn't even form words. but then it hit me, what if he was lying? i know john, and i know that's something that he wouldn't do.

after about half an hour, i heard the door open. a slightly tipsy john waltzed in, and i walked over to him. he kissed me quick, and walked me over to the couch, only to find a sleeping daniel.

"what's he doing here?" he whisper-yelled.

"he told me that you screwed another girl a couple weeks ago, at first i believed him, but it didn't take me long to figure out he was lying. he tried to kiss me a couple times, and he reached under my shirt." shock and anger washed over his face.

"oh i'm gonna smack the shit out of him when he wakes up. eva, did he do anything else, my love?" i shook my head. he pulled me into his chest, one hand around my waist, the other stroking my hair.

"hey," he spoke up. i looked at him. "look at the time." my head turned toward the clock, it read 11:59.

"still wanna be my new year's kiss?" i asked.

"always." he replied.

we could hear the countdown coming from the tv, and leaned in slowly. one hand cupped my cheek, the other still wrapped around my waist. i snaked my arms around his neck. as the words '3... 2... 1!' rung in our ears, he kissed me, with all the passion he could muster.

"i love you, and only you, eva. i hope that you never doubt that again. i'll do everything in my power to show you that everyday."

"oh, john, you don't need to do that." i smiled. he was such a romantic. our moment was ruined when we heard a low groan coming from the couch. john's eyes darkened with anger.

"can i beat him up now?" he whispered in my ear. i giggled, shaking my head in response.

"not now."

wc; 1039 words
ending was sloppy, sorry!