Chapter 8

Ethan's P.O.V.

At Emma's words, the Alphas lost control of their wolves with the mention of their mate in danger and all hell broke loose a second time today.

"WHAT!" roared the Alphas with their wolves at the forefront. They lunged at Emma as if attacking her would help get mom back. 

Jackson, I and surprisingly Blake growled at them. I was confused at first why Blake growled but then I realized that Alice was in front of Emma. To get to Emma, they would have to go through his mate. 

I am worried about the outcome of this battle. I don't know if we can stand against two enraged Alphas. I might have Alpha blood, but that might now be enough. 

I mind-link Emma and Jackson, "We need a plan quickly!"

"No shit, Sherlock!" she retorts.

I roll my eyes, "This is not the time for an argument!"

Jackson observes, "We need to calm down their wolves."

"Pity, Jackson and I dropped our guns during the chase with the Hunters. The darts full of wolfsbane would help us out here." I comment.

I see Emma's eyes go big before she says, "I still have mine."

"Then, why didn't you pull it out?!" I yell at her. The Alpha twins were posturing, trying to get their Beta to submit. Meanwhile, Blake was trying to give us more time.

She blushes and says, "It is in a rather unfortunate place."

"We'll look away if that makes it better," proposes Jackson.

"Just hurry the fuck up!" I say as I turn around to protect her from everyone's view. I cut off the mind-link and once more focused on the fight. 

Suddenly, I hear six consecutive pops and the twin Alphas fall down like a light with three darts in each of them. Blake runs to his Alphas' side. He looks up at us angry.

"What did you do to them?" demands Blake.

I raise my hands in defense of myself, "They will be fine. They just got dosed with enough wolfsbane to knock them out for a day."

"But with their anger and the fact that they are in wolf form, we need to have a plan in about two hours," adds Emma. Jackson is quiet, going back to being a silent presence.

"What do we do then?" Alice asks.

Emma answers, "There can be no 'we' right now. You and Blake need to take control of your pack and reassure them after the scene I caused. When the Alphas wake, their human aspects will be in control and as their daughter, they will not be able to hurt me. If they wish to get their mate back, us triplets are their best shot."

"You need to go," I emphasize as neither Blake nor Alice moves. They listen to me the second time as I am technically the future Alpha with my brother, Jackson. Emma already told us she wanted to inherit the Smith Organization and keep that going instead. 

Once they are gone, I turn to Emma, "Do you believe what you told them?"

"Sort of," she mutters, "It might work."

"Sounds so encouraging," I say sarcastically. 

"Oh shut up! It's not like you have any bright ideas either," she retorts. Jackson chuckles and we both turn to glare at him. 

Emma asks, "What's so funny?"

"The fact that no matter what you two will still bicker. I mean we have two unconscious Alpha werewolves who happen to be our fathers lying at our feet and will wake up in a murderous rage yet here we are with both of you arguing," he explains.

That stumps both Emma and I, so we don't answer, but rather turn our attention of the limp bodies of our fathers. Not that we have any more idea of what to do here either.

Jackson says, "I am going to call Josh and Chris to explain the situation and to tell them that if I don't call them in 24 hours, we are in trouble." He left the room with no further words to go look for a telephone.

I ask Emma, "Well, do you want to play Monopoly?" She nods. I mean it is not like we can do anything else for two hours. If we tie them up, their wolves will freak when the Alphas regain consciousness. If we do anything really, it won't end well. And if I am going to die, I will beat Emma at Monopoly one more time.

We settle down for two hours of playing. Jackson comes back in after 30 minutes and looks at us strangely. 

I question him, "What did Josh and Chris say?"

"They told me that if we do not call, they will call the werewolf King and Council down on them to get us free and for more help with the Hunters. They probably won't help with the Hunters, but it would get us free at least," Jackson tells me.

I nod and Jackson sits down next to me. He joined our Monopoly game. We must have made a strange sight. On one side of the room, there was two unconscious Alpha twins and the other three triplets who ressemble those Alphas playing Monopoly.

Very strange.

*Two 1/2 hours later*

We were on our second game of Monopoly when they woke up. The twin Alphas came up growling, but at least they were in human form. Under Emma's suggestion, we ignored them and continued to play the game. 

A couple minutes later, Alpha Ryder asked, "Did we do any damage this time?"

I was confused, but didn't show it, "Not really, scared a lot of people and tried to eat us, but your Beta and Beta female are doing damage control as we speak. What is the last thing you remember?"

Alpha Asher is the one to answer, "I am sorry if we caused you any harm. Our wolves have been unstable ever since the unfortunate disappearance of our mate. I don't remember anything after lunging at your sister here." 

Alpha Ryder gets up and says, "We have to go. Sorry for any inconvenience." 

During this entire exchange, they hadn't once looked at our faces. Their heads were down in shame of losing control. They must have some serious problems if they cannot remember what happened. 

Emma with a voice much like our mom's said, "If you would look at our faces, much would make more sense. I apologize for riling you up with the mention of your mate." At her words, they look at her and are shocked.

They take a step forward, "Ava?" I have a very big sense of deja-vu.

"Not Ava, daughter of Ava. Look at my brothers to know our fathers," she states. They do. With Emma's musical voice, there is no even a hint of anger or threat, Emma always had the ability to make every relax around her except when she was angry.

I can see the exact moment when the realization that they are our fathers hits them in the face. They collapse from the shock. 

I decide that this moment is as good as any to tell them about mom, "We are here because we were attacked in the forest. Mom is captured by Hunters and-"

Alpha Ryder raises his hand in sign for me to stop. I do because I was curious as to why he had done that.

Alpha Ryder muttered, "I remember. My wolf gave it all back to me to help save our mate. We remember."

I smile, "Thank God I don't have to repeat everything. It's time to talk to make a plan."