Chapter 23

Emma's P.O.V.

I got Auriel out of there before they finished their claiming ceremony. I was not ready to be an aunt, not at all. 

Auriel and I walk side by side in silence. I lead her outside and into the forest. We get many curious stares and some glares. I don't miss the bimbo population of the pack sneering in Auriel's direction. 

Once I deem us far away enough from everyone, I ask Auriel, "I am Emma, your mates' sister, as I am sure they told you. I want you to be able to trust me and talk to me. The vibe I am getting is that not a lot of people in the pack treat you right. Talk to me, we can be friends!"

I was desperate to reach her. I don't know how, but the moment you entered the room I could sense almost a shadow shrouding her. When I looked into her eyes, I saw the pain and her ghosts in there too. I needed to help her.

Auriel turned away from me, wrapping her arms around herself. In response, I step forward and wrap my arms around her. 

I started talking while looking out from the hill I had placed ourselves on, "I remember you. I remember feeling so sad when we first brought you home after the rogues. I remember how we were best of friends until mom figured out you were Alice's child. I remember the hissy fit my brothers threw when you were taken away. I remember you."

Auriel's attention was on me and I continued, "I know your situation now. You forget that I am the Smith Organization. Anyone not welcome in their packs is welcome in our home. Livy, a friend of mine, joined us two years ago because she lost her wolf and ability to shift when her mate died. Her pack was cruel towards her. With us, she is complete and lives again. Don't be afraid to tell me things, Auriel. I want to be the best friends we were when we were younger."

I stroke her hair, "I want to be your sister in every sense of the world. You are my family and for family, I will never stop fighting. Now, what has happened since we have been separated?"

I don't know what did the trick. But the next moment, Auriel burst into tears. I hugged her and we sat down. 

She got her emotions under control, "I am the broken she-wolf. T-they tell me that I should have died and never come back. T-the pack believes I am just a waste of s-space. Mom and dad barely have time for me, why should anyone else? I am ugly, I don't deserve to be a Beta's daughter. I can't be Luna, I am not made for it. My wolf won't talk to me, I cannot shift. . ."

I shush her, "You better not believe the lies the bimbos say. You deserve the world and you are beautiful. I am sure your inability to shift is due to the fact you were ripped away from your mates at a young age. Now, tell me who says these things and I will go beat them up."

That surprises a laugh out of her, "You believe me?"

I frown, "Of course, I do."

Auriel mumbles, "Mom and dad say that I am just being silly."

My jaw clenches. I am definitely going to have a conversation with her parents. I am sure they thought they were doing the right thing, but I am going to give them an ass-whooping. 

I start stroking her hair again, "You are not, family stands together."

She timidly asks me, "Can you tell me more about the Smith Organization? It such a big part of my mates' life, I want to know more."

I smile, "Of course, only if you tell me every little thing the assholes in the pack did to you. Deal?"

Auriel nods, "Deal."

I lean back, "The Smith Organization was started by mom, Josh and Chris who are a gay mated werewolf couple. It started as a way to provide a pack for rogues to stop them from going crazy. Mom wanted to create a support system like she had with Josh and Chris. In the human world, we are a powerful mafia. Now, we rescue humans who know about the supernaturals or supernaturals themselves from different situations. We take down Hunter or rogue operations."