Chapter 18

This is more of a filler chapter and nothing really important happens. I just wanted Jackson to have a happy moment.

Now, I have a question. Should I put Ethan and Jackson finding their mate in this book or Emma finding her mate? Or should I make a sequel for them?

Comment your answer.

I am also wondering if my chapter need to be longer or if this length is okay?

***************************

Jackson's P.O.V.

I was waiting for the Alphas to leave the mom's hospital room to go back in. I knew that Emma and Ethan didn't want to mention the deal we made, but I had to tell mom. She would find out eventually and would be pissed no one told her.

Mom could feel my presence just outside the door and would send the Alphas out for me to come in. She was always considerate like that. 

Doc Jamie told us that Ava would be out of the hospital and free to do stuff with casts of course in a week. So, the deal officially starts in a week. 

Mom spent an hour with our fathers before finally sending them to go eat, clean up and get some rest in that order. I heard her yelling that behind them.

I entered the moment they left and gave Mom a hug. I was so scared that I was going to lose her too.

Mom asked, "Now, Jackson, what is it you need to talk to me about that you waited an hour for?"

I answered, "So you know who the Alphas agreed to help?"

"Yes, you guys told me what happened," she replied.

I run my hand through my hair nervously, "Well, we left out some details."

Mom glares at me, "What do you mean 'left out some details'?"

I shrug, "Ethan and Emma didn't want you to know because you would get mad."

She raises her eyebrows, "They are so in trouble for not telling me. Now explain."

I finally sit down in my chair, "You know how everything went down basically. Except to get them to agree, because Emma had them riled up, a deal was made."

Mom interrupts, "What did Emma say to rile them up? What was the deal?"

I continued, "Emma told them that we would hide you away from them. So to ensure that they got at least a chance with you again, they made a deal. The deal was that once you are healed, you will be accessible to them for a week. If after a week you want to leave, I will help you. Also, Ethan and I would become their heirs to become Alphas of the Blood Moon pack."

Mom gets a thoughtful look, "I understand both sides of the deal. It is good for you and Ethan to have a true wolf pack. As their eldest children, your wolves are more attracted to such a thing. And since Emma is your fraternal triplet, it makes sense that she wouldn't be the Alpha."

I nod, "Yeah, she will only be in charge of one of the biggest human mafias in the world and of the biggest rogue supernatural establishment."

Mom laughs, "Emma is something. I truly wonder who the Moon Goddess put as her mate, probably someone powerful. But, if they think Emma will submit to them, they have another thing coming,"

"Watch her mate be the Alpha King," I joke.

Mom adds, "Don't jinx it. It would be interesting to see Emma and the Alpha King. I wonder who will win that fight."

I playfully hit her shoulder, "Mom, don't wish that fate on the poor Alpha King. He won't know what hit him."

With a mischievous glint in her eye, mom questions me, "What else happened while I was away? I need the gossip."

I sigh over dramatically, "You are worse than high school girls."

With mom, it's the only place I can act this way. except with my siblings. In the public, I am always watching and waiting while Ethan and Emma appear to be carefree

Mom shoots back, "I know, I know. But I still want to know."

 I tell her, "Tony, the ex-gamma of the Blood Moon pack ran into Leo, the current gamma and his best friend."

She cringes, "Tony is the one who faked his death to leave the pack, right? How did that go over?"

I reply, "They got into a fight. I let them fight, separated them and told them to get their shit together. They are fine now. Laurine teased Stefan when he called wolves mutts."

Mom laughed, "I imagine how that went over."

I smile, "Yeah, we all could see that it was teasing, but poor Stefan didn't. On a sad note, Moira, one of our witches, is still in a medical coma because of the transportation spell we used. It drained her the most for some reason."

She frowns, "I have to go visit her family and reassure them. Is she going to be alright?"

I take her hand in mine, "Don't worry so much, Doc says that Moira will be okay in a week or two."

I see Mom relax, "Good, I am still going to see her family. Isn't her mate also a warlock or wizard, Alex, right?"

I nod, "I have no idea how you remember so many details."

We keep talking and joking. Soon enough, our fathers come back to see Mom. They look better and well-rested now. Now, it was time to be the protective son for mom. 

I stand up and say, "Ryder, Asher, can I talk to you two for a minute in the room next door?"

They nod and follow me out. 

Once we are all in the room, I shut the door and lean against it, blocking all means of escaping. Usually, I try to be unnoticed, but I can be very intimidating if I want.

I tell them, "Mom told me that she is giving you two one last chance."

Ryder says, "Yes."

I get up in their space, "If you hurt her, I will end you. I have the backing of a mafia. I will kill and torture anyone you hold dear as you sit there watching. If you think I am joking, no one matters more than my mom. I swear that if you hurt her, I will find her a new mate and make her disappear to while your pack slowly self-destructs in front of your eyes. And I will make sure that you two can no longer have children."

I step back, "I wish you the best of luck with Mom, but don't mess up." With that, I turn and leave. 

Behind me, I hear them talking, "Our son is a bit crazy . . . I appreciate how protective he is though . . . I would never hurt Ava . . . And I really don't feel like being emasculated."

I smirk, that went over better than I thought.