Chapter 24

Ava's P.O.V.

Emma was out training with the pack wolves who are probably being beaten up by her right now. Ethan and Jackson are bonding with their mate, I am happy for them. My mates were catching up on what happened in their pack while they were out of it.

I was wandering around the pack house by myself. I was a little wary, but my mates were quickly winning me over. My wolf was slowly coming back to me. I hoped that everything was going to work out.

I am in the living room, watching TV when a woman walked in. I guess she was beautiful to some standards. But for me, her make-up was too much, her clothes too tight and too small, her chest too plastic, her hair too fake. 

She calls out, "Honey, Sweetie, I'm back!"

I frown, who was she calling for? Only my mates lived here. They assured me of it

The lady looked at me and frowned as well, "Who are you?"

It was my turn to be confused, "I am Ava, the Alphas' mate. Who are you?"

Suddenly, she sneered at me, "I am Alicia. You must be the Alphas' runaway mate. They told me about their plan regarding you. Ry and Ash also told me you would be out, so we could see each other again. We missed each other so much."

What the fuck was going? What was Alicia referring to? You called them Ry and Ash. 

I tilted my head to the side, "What are you talking about?"

She came over and pat my back, "I feel bad for you. I told them not to use you, but they didn't listen to me. Sweetie, they meant to reject you the night they left. The story about Blake getting them out was a lie-" Her words were like a punch to my gut "-I was in a relationship with them at the time. They promised me their undying love and for me to be their Luna. Sleeping with you was a mistake on their part."

I mumble, "No they wouldn't do that." But would they, I don't know them enough.

She brought me over to the couch, "Poor girl. They would. I feel so bad for you. They didn't want me to tell you anything. For the last sixteen years, we were together. They forgot about you until your kids came up out of the blue. Their wolves who didn't handle the rejection well spoke to them again when your pups asked for help. They would win either way. I am pregnant but their eldest child would be more powerful, so the need for the twins. Also, the twins planned to pretend to love you and make you Luna to have the power which comes from having their true mate. I was to be on the side, their hidden love."

I was crying silently, no noise heard as the tears slid down my face. That's why they never found me, they never looked.

Alicia continued, "I didn't mind as long I stayed with Ash and Ry. But now that I saw you, you don't deserve such a fate."

I understood now. Alicia was beautiful and she would be perfect. I could feel my wolf sinking back into her depression. I had to get away. 

Alicia added, "If you really want, I have videos of us three together to convince you. I just don't want to let you get hurt."

I couldn't bring myself to watch the videos. It would be too painful for me and my wolf. I am in shock at this complete reversal of the situation. 

I recovered from my crying and I turned to Alicia, "Thank you for telling me! I need to go . . ."

She cooed, "Of course, sweetheart. You don't deserve all that has happened to you. I love the twins, but sometimes they are a little bit greedy, especially in power and in bed." 

Alicia chuckled at the end at her joke, but her words hurt my heart a little more with each word. I trusted and was betrayed. Jackson and Ethan would become Alphas, but they could visit as long as they told no one of my location. I always wanted to check the Asian branches of the Smith Organization, now I can.

I need to find Jackson or Ethan first. I knew that they were most likely with their mate. After, Auriel took off with Emma most of the day, they wanted her near them. I burst into their room and found Jackson alone.

At my unasked question, he answered, "Ethan wanted to go get Auriel's things from her room. I felt too lazy to walk."

I tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace instead. 

Jackson frowned, "Mom, what's wrong?"

With those words, the dam broke. I leaped into his embrace and started crying. I couldn't hold it in anymore. My pups were loyal to the end, they would never betray me like their fathers.

I tried to explain through my tears, "Y-your . . . f-fathers h-have some-some one else . . . T-they a-are using me . . . T-they d-don't love me . . . I-it's a . . .trick . . . They w-want p-power . . . I-I need t-to leave . . . I-I c-can't s-stay here . . . They h-have b-been with . . . Alicia w-while we w-were gone . . . T-they don't care."

Jackson held me, but I could feel his anger, "I am sorry Mom, but I can't let you leave."

I frown, "W-why?"

He sighs, "I wish I could, but the deal was made that you have to stay a week with them once you are healed. You still have three days left before I can make you disappear. . . But as long as you stay on their territory, you are in reach. If you stay hidden in their territory for the next couple days, I am within the contract."

I smile, "Thank you, Jackson."

He smiles sadly back, "And they might be in the hospital the next three days once I get through with them. I warned them not to hurt you and now I will start following through with my threat."

I unlock myself from Jackson. He was so much taller than I was now. With one look back at him, I dash out of his room and out of the pack house. 

I could stay on the border of the territory or something. 

Anywhere but here.

**************************

This is the last time I write in Ava's P.O.V. forever. We are so close to the end of the book!