Chapter 27

This is the last chapter before the epilogue and sequel. I cannot believe I am so close to the end!

*************************

Ethan's P.O.V.

Jackson had explained everything that has happened between Mom and the Alphas. I had wanted to go beat them up, but I understand. I still have the need to go kill Alicia, especially once Auriel opened up about her abuse. I punched several holes in the wall during that, but my darling mate calmed me down. But she convinced me it was a bad idea to go murder Jessica.

I love Auriel already. We just met her, but I have never fault so strongly before in my life. Right now, I am in bed with Auriel cradled in my arms and Jackson on her other side. We were both awake watching our mate sleep.

We had an exhaustive emotional evening once Jackson came back from whatever he had to do and explained. Auriel admitted to the abuse she had been put through and how she kept it from us. 

It was a loaded evening. Now, Auriel was at peace as no worries bothered her in her sleep. Jackson and I make eye contact after staring at our beautiful mate, not creepy at all.

I mouth to Jackson, "Beautiful."

He nods enthusiastically. Identical twins have a harder time finding their mates because there is two of us for one mate. I was grateful that we found ours at 16, not having to wait four years like our fathers.

Auriel stirred in her sleep and both of us held our breath. If she woke up while we were staring at her that would be awkward for her, not us. 

Suddenly, our peace was interrupted by a girl storming our room. What the hell! I swear to God I am going to kill the woman!

Jackson jumped up and put our mate behind him. Immediately, he went in a defensive crouch while I tensed, preparing to lunge at the intruder. What can I say? Living as a rogue built up some habits.

As I noticed it was a harmless girl, I scowled. What possible good reason she has for bursting in here like this? I didn't recognize her, so I was still on my guard.

I questioned her, "Who are you? Who do you want?"

She was out of breath like she just ran here, "Unknown wolves at the border!"

I jumped up. Auriel was awake due to the noise. Shit, shit, shit! Who could be attacking? Are there intentions friendly.

Jackson told Auriel, "Go to the bunker!" He handed her his bracelet which could contact people at our HQ "-If someone hurts you, hit this button and our people from the Organization will come!"

I mind-linked Emma, Josh, Chris, my fathers and mother, "Unknown wolves at the border! Meet us there! Mom, too."

With that, I cut it off. I started running towards the border with my brother, not before ordering the girl to get Auriel to safety.

Honestly, can't we catch a break? W just want some peace with our mate. Is that too much to ask?

When we arrived at the border, everyone was already there. They were deep in discussion. Emma, mom, Josh, Chris, Ryder and Asher looked up at us when they heard us arrive.

I ask, "Who are the wolves?"

Emma answers, "The Alpha King of North and South America has come to pay the Blood Moon pack a visit. Apparently, he received an anonymous tip that some of the higher rankers of the Smith Organization are here."

I curse, "Shit! Who tipped them off? Don't tell me, probably Alicia or Jessica. Can't those bitches take the hint?"

Ryder questioned us, "Can he recognize any of you as coming from the Smith Organization?"