Chapter 10 - Partners?

Shade's P.O.V.

After I had my shower, which helped me cool down a bit and decrease my throbbing head and disgusting hangover. I headed back to my dorm, placing my dirty clothes in my laundry basket.

I was already dressed, since I did so when I finish showering, and I was now in the college cafeteria with Ivan, getting our food.

"So, what are you going to get?" The lion next to me asked, getting a salad and placing it on his tray.

I looked at Ivan, "I'm not sure. What do you recommend I eat? You know, because of the handover and stuff." I asked sheepishly, not proud of the state I was currently in.

Ivan glanced over at me. "Eat some fruit, you know, bananas, grapes, stuff like that." Ivan said as he grabbed some other items of food and proceeded to walk over to the register.

As he walked away, I couldn't help to feel as if he was still disappointed at me, and to be honest, that thought alone made me pretty sad.

I shook the thought away. All I can do now is try to make up for what I did and try not to be a burden to Ivan. Well, again that is.

I followed what Ivan suggested and grabbed some fruit, along with some water.

I quickly walked over to the register. There was a racoon there. She was wearing the uniform all employees here have to wear, and she had a preppy look on her face. Her nametag said her name, which was Sherry.

I approached here and set my tray on the counter next to her, "This will be all" I remarked, trying to equal her preppiness, but I don't think I made it look quite the same.

"Oh, don't worry about it. That lion over there already paid for your stuff." Sherry said, pointing over to Ivan, who had already sat down and started eating his food.

Wait, Ivan paid for my food? Why would he do that? If anything, he should make me pay for his for making him buy all that stuff to help me with my hangover.

"Oh, alright then." I said, as I grabbed my tray and headed over to Ivan, who was still eating his food, his gaze looking outside from the window next to the table.

With a sigh I sat down on the opposite side of him. "Ivan, why did you pay for my food?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

Ivan's sight went from the outside over to me, his face relaxed and calmed. "Is there anything wrong with wanting to buy you stuff? Especially to get you back in top notch health?" Ivan asked with a raised brow.

I was a bit taken back by the question. I guess it's not necessarily bad, it's that I don't want him to buy me stuff, when I have the money to do so.

I signed, "No, it's not bad I guess." I looked at him. "At least tell me how much I owe you for the food, and the things upstairs in our dorm." I said, looking at my food.

Ivan waved his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about that. You don't have to pay me back." Ivan remarked.

It was nice of him that he didn't want me to pay him back, but I still wanted to do so. He's basically taking care of me and buying me all of this stuff to help me get better. I at least have to do something for him.