Chapter 16 - Brighter Day

Shade's P.O.V.

I was able to reach my class with only a couple of minutes to spare. I was sweating from head to toe, and my shirt was a little bit damped both due to sweat and because I still wasn't dried yet.

Well, I guess that's what I get for not keeping attention to what time. But in all honesty, I had a fun time with Felix. Even though he's still a big mystery to me, I feel like we got a little bit closer. I mean, the guy showed his secret beach spot, so that must mean he trusts me to some extent, right?

I walked into my class, Applied Ethics. I was never that big of a fan of the class, but I need to pass it if I ever plan on getting my degree.

I looked around and saw that this class was way fuller than Mr.Rekushi's class, so I'm guessing these furs are only here for the same I am.

After looking for an empty seat, I sat myself down and placed my backpack down next to me. God, do I feel hot.

"Woah, dude, you ok?" Someone on the seat next to me asked.

I looked over and saw that it was an otter. He had a mixed look of entertainment and humor. He must think I'm a sight to behold right now, and who wouldn't? I was probably had a lot of wet spots on my shirt that would just insinuate that I've been sweating like a pig.

I rubbed the back of my head and said, "Yeah, it's that I was at the beach and didn't keep track of time, so I had to rush to get here."

The otter gave me an understanding nod and leaned a bit forwards on his seat. "I see. So that's why your shirt is all wet. Let me guess, didn't have enough time to dry off?" The otter said with a chuckle.

I shamelessly rubbed the back of my head and let out a little chuckle. "Guilty as charged." Man, good to see that I didn't give off a wrong first impression, if he was anybody else, they would've just assumed that I was just sweating like crazy. But I don't blame them, if the roles were reversed I would have probably thought the same thing.

"Well, glad you could join us today. I'm sure we're going to have a great time here." The otter said sarcastically.

I snickered, "C'mon, the class can't be that bad, can it?" I retort.

"Dude, this class basically is all about teaching us what's good and bad and all that shit. You know, being a stand-up citizen." The otter says jokingly, putting on a funny voice at the last bit, causing a chuckle to escape my muzzle.

"Oh, but why wouldn't you want to become a stand-up citizen?" I said, trying to keep the joke going. " I dramatically gasped. "Don't tell me. You're a troublemaking rapscallion aren't you?"

A little smile appears on his face, seeing what I was doing. "Oh, you caught me. And here I was planning on converting all the furs here into rebellious law-breaking thugs." He says as he raises a hand to his head.

At that we both just stare at each other and end up bursting into laughter, causing all the other students to turn and look our way. We both laugh for a few seconds before the otter says, "Anyways, I don't think we've introduced ourselves." He offers a hand to me. "I'm Ryan."

A grab his hand and shake it. "I'm Shade."

"Well Shade, I think this class won't be so boring after all." He says as he lets go of my hand.

At that, a horse walks through the door and places their stuff at the teacher's desk. He turns to us and says, "Good afternoon everybody. My name is Professor Edman and I'll be your teacher for this semester of Applied Ethics."

.

.

.

.