Chapter 12 - Shining Knight

Shades P.O.V.

I tilted my head in confusion towards Alex. "The next revolution in art? Me?" I asked. Out of all the things my piers and family have told me about my art and myself, nobody has ever told me something like this. Even though I don't think its true. 

I'm just a normal art kid that likes to draw from time to time. But, for now, I'm gonna hear Alex out and see what he has to say.

"Yes, Shade, you. Look, out of all the current artists that are starting to surface in the community, none of them have the passion and skill that you have. I mean, just look at this." He said, as he took the folder and opened it, grabbing a copy of one of my past drawings.

Alex raised it and made it face me. He had a big smile on his face.

The drawing was a city. But it wasn't no ordinary city. It was a futuristic one.

It had a high angle, making it show-off the entire city. There were flying car, slipstreams, many big building, and in the background, there was the sunset, casting its golden glow upon the city in front of it.

"Out of all the artists I've met, there hasn't been a single one that can create art as good as this. Just by looking at it, I can see that it has multiple layers, and a whole lot of work and dedication placed into it." He said as he placed the picture down on his desk.

He looked at me and continued. "So that's why I decided that I want you to be the thing that changes the art community as a whole." Alex exclaimed, as he look at me, his expression being serious.

I didn't know what to say to that. On one side, I was happy that he liked my art and thought that I could make a difference, but on another side, I felt a little nervous and anxious.

What if I don't live up to his expectations and end up disappointing him?

"Are you really sure about this, Alex?" I questioned. I want to make sure he doesn't have any second thoughts about this.

Alex's expression softened. "I'm one hundred percent sure about this, Shade. Look, you don't have to say anything or give me an answer right now. All I'm asking is that you think about it, OK?" Alex said, leaning back on his chair.

It couldn't hurt to think about it. And I think he noticed that I was a bit shocked with everything he just told me. So him giving me some time to think about it is really considerate of him.

I nodded, "OK, I'll think about it." I answered, which caused a smile to creep onto Alex's face.

"Alright, then once you've made up your mind, come and talk to me." He said, getting up from his seat.

"Alright, I will." I said, also getting up from my seat.

"Now, if you would excuse me, I need to continue working on my painting." He mentioned as he walked over to the giant canvas up against his wall.

"Alright then. Just make sure you don't fall off of your ladder again." I teased as I walked over to the door, chuckling a little.

"Har, Har, very funny." He remarked, looking back at me and giving me a playful glare.

"See you later, Alex." I said, as I opened the door and waved goodbye at him.

"See ya, kiddo." He said, waving back at me.

I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me.

My mind was still thinking on what Alex said. On how I could possibly be the next revolution of art.

For some reason, I felt a little bit of pressure now, since Alex is sorta depending on me now to give him an answer, and from what I saw from that paper, that art fair is in a couple a days from now. Which means I'll have to give him an answer pretty soon.

Critical Effect (A Gay Furry Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें