The Ones Responsible

Warning, light description of murder and a unnerving Psychopathic character.

If it triggers you, don't read it, or skip this chapter, altogether.

------------------------------

Mrs.Lin looked at Chief in astonishment before stammering,"What do you mean the Omega he loved?"

Now Zhao Yunlan had a pretty amazing ability to judge people, that doesn't mean his judgmental of their choices, no- it just means that he can tell when someone's lying. He narrows his eyes on Mrs.Lin and immediately groans because she isn't lying which means his previous theory was correct, she didn't know her daughter had already presented or that she was in love with the Omega she thought was bullying her daughter.

"Chief Zhao."

Yunlan blinked as he saw Professor Shen Wei standing in front of him, his hands hovering over Yunlan's body but not touching; his face was pinched into an worried expression; and he's really pretty isn't he?

"I'm fine."Zhao purred and to his surprise the man turned pink,"Professor Shen sorry about that I zone out sometimes when I'm thinking. Do you think we can borrow your cabin for a bit? We need to talk to Mrs. Lin for a bit."

"Of course."Shen Wei smiled,"Uhm, please follow me."

Mrs.Lin follows them dazed and confused and Zhao Yunlan feels bad for her, it must be shocking to hear that her beloved daughter was hiding not one but two really big things about her life, they followed the professor who held the door open for all of them and then locked it behind him when they were all inside.

"Please take a seat wherever you like," He said gentlemanly polite and Yunlan had an unholy urge to push the man on the sofa and climb on top of him just to see, if he'd still be so composed or he'd do something unrefined.

One look at Da Qing assured him that the young deputy knew exactly what he was thinking and was judging him for it, he grinned saucily at him and winked, his grin widened when his deputy scoffed but frowned when the man paled.

He turned to see what caused it and saw that Shen Wei looking at him, his eyes red but other than that his face was blank, Yunlan frowned, he didn't know what to make of that, the guy was not like a typical Alpha, he knew that while questioning different people he casually slipped in the topic of the unusual Alpha Shen Wei.

Professor Shen Wei, thirty two years old, a monstrously strong Alpha; on his way to be the head of the Dragon City University was for some reason still single, not only that, no one had ever seen the Alpha professor around any Omegas, so of course Yunlan just assumed that he preferred Alpha's, but the man had no romantic history to speak off neither with an Omega nor an Alpha, he had never taken rut related holidays which had the rumor going around that he didn't have them, but his presence was still something everyone bowed down to, but he wasn't arrogant or high strung even with his elite status, he was respectful to everyone, his colleagues and students; wasn't prejudice which itself makes him a very desirable Alpha for any Omega. He is known as the gentle professor for fucks sake!

So why?

"So,"He started hoping to distract the Alpha who blinked from his very un-subtle glaring at Da Qing,"I assume none of you know that Ming Lin presented for an Omega?"

Shen Wei's eyes widened,"I-I it's impossible, if it was a rut or a change in status I would've smelt it."

"Yes,"Mrs.Lin spoke up her voice now hardened,"He- was probably lying to you! My husband would've smelt it! Me and professor Shen Wei would've smelt it too."

"Yeah, Li Jie told us she was on suppressants, she didn't want anyone to know that she had already presented because he kept denying her offers of courting; so she wanted to make a big announcement to everyone once everything was official when he would agree to be her mate."