TWO

Dom and Mia drove to the crash site both of them with nervous pits in their stomachs knowing they would soon stand in the same place their sister was murdered, the exact spot where someone didn't take pity on her, who showed her no kindness and cr...

Dom and Mia drove to the crash site both of them with nervous pits in their stomachs knowing they would soon stand in the same place their sister was murdered, the exact spot where someone didn't take pity on her, who showed her no kindness and cruelly took her out of this world.

Climbing out the car the Toretto siblings stood quietly until Mia broke the silence with a soft tone "It's straight ahead" she acknowledged having already seen the picture the FBI had taken. Dom paused silently, he looked around at all the markings and tire treads on the road as he tried to piece together what happened.

Bending down Dom brushed some powdery material from the road in wonder before standing back up to visualize the scene his mind was putting together, his jaw tightened as thoughts plagued his mind and visions of his sister's car being wrecked, her body being thrown around before she was brutally killed played in a loop.

Silently ushering Mia back to the car they sat in an empty silence as Dom made the drive back to their childhood home, his hand gripped the steering wheel tightly as he thought about his next move, stopping at the end of their block he waited for Mia to get out of the car.

"You found something back there," She questioned him looking almost too afraid to ask what it was, but she needed to know "There were burn marks on the ground" Dom answered truthfully feeling almost numb to the pain now "The kind that could only be caused by nitrometh. There's only one guy in all of L.A. that sells that".

Mia turns to Dom knowingly, she knew exactly what he was planning to do "Nothing you can do is gonna bring her back, Dom" The two remaining Toretto's considered each other, pleading eyes meeting broken ones.

"Rosalie wouldn't want you to do this, she would ask you... No, she would beg you, please, let this go. Before it's too late," Mia whispered out sadly not ready to lose someone else.

Dom just tightened his grip on the wheel as his knuckles turned white "It's already too late" he needed to do this, he wanted to get some kind of closure for his baby "I love you" Mia sighed pressing a kiss to his cheek knowing she was fighting a losing battle before getting out of the car.

He almost wanted to stop for her sake but his mind reeled back to the thoughts of his baby girl's painful death and he knew he couldn't just let it go, they all needed this, once it was finished he'd have to leave the country again but this time he'd make sure Mia was safe. Like he should have done for Rosalie.

Watching his younger and last sibling start her walk to their house he made a quick U-Turn as he thought out his plan wondering if Letty had already made the same assumptions he had and if she was any closer to finding Rosalie's killer than he was.

Thinking about Letty made Dom feel troubled he knew they should have stayed together, they should be helping each other solve this but as soon as she heard about Rosalie's murder she was like a woman possessed, they had got into some argument about it and Letty had left citing she could find the killer on her own.

She didn't want Dom's help; she wanted to be alone; she felt as much guilt as he did but Letty didn't know how to handle her emotions as well as Dom, Rosalie was the one who usually helps Letty see the light, and so instead of banding together she isolated herself.

He hoped that she wouldn't get herself hurt or in trouble but right now Dom couldn't find it in himself to care for much other than finding the person who tore his world apart taking the one thing that made him a better person, the little girl he had raised since day 1.

He had already spent so much time away; he missed a lot of years that he promised himself he wouldn't miss and now he couldn't see her grow old, never see her fall in love or get married. He always dreamed of walking her down the aisle but instead, he had to watch her funeral from a hilltop and somebody would pay for that.

:::

Sitting in the passenger seat of Owen's car I frowned watching the scenery go by thinking about what the doctor had said about my amnesia.

"This is the brain" the Spanish doctor spoke in English after Owen gave him a blank look when Dr. Gonzalez asked "¿Inglés?". "The part you have damaged is the frontal lobe" The doctor pointed to the front part of the brain.

"Particularly the prefrontal cortex plays an important part in processing short-term memories and keeping long term memories," I nodded along with the doctor's words but I didn't understand what he was talking about.

Seeing my expression Owen turned to Dr. Gonzalez "So what does all that mean exactly?" his voice grumbled as he crossed his arms "It means Miss. Ortiz will be able to make new memories but her old memories have been wiped out,".

After that Owen had insisted that he take me in and it almost sounded like a demand, not a caring gesture of a good Samaritan but I had no memories and nowhere else to go so against my better judgment I left the hospital with him and even willingly got into his car.

"So you break me out of the hospital, feed me fast food and now we're supposed to be all buddy-buddy?" I question holding up the empty burger container as Owen just laughed at my question "Do I even know you?" I huffed as Owen glanced over at me with a smirk "No but I know you,".

Nodding slowly I let a beat of silence pass "Do I have a family?" I inquired timidly wanting to know If there was anyone waiting for me, looking for me. Owen once again peered in my direction and his eyes roamed over my face as I looked at him desperately "No".

I let out a shaky breath trying not to get upset at my lack of family, I was alone and I had no idea who I was "but.." Owen began as I pushed back tears "you have me now" I peeked at him through my eyelashes with a watery smile making him smirk as he winked at me.

:::

Dom walked into the garage where rock music was blaring out until he stood by a car that was being worked on, pulling the legs of the body under the car he stared emotionless at the man who looked up at him initially terrified "Toretto" the mechanic greets with a strained smile "When'd you get back in town?".

Ignoring the question Dom just stares down at him "I'm looking for a car you did an engine mod on. Nitromethane tank. Ford full-size. Continental tires" Dom lists off as the young mechanic laughs to himself humorlessly.

"Look, what are you doing, coming in here like this, huh? This ain't your scene anymore, boss. Don't ever put your hands on me again, okay? Say hi to Mia for me," Wheeling himself back under the vehicle he was soon screaming when Dom pulled him back out roughly.

Throwing him against the hood of another car, Dom kicked a stand holding up an engine before catching the chain just as it dropped in front of the mechanic's face "A Korean kid brought it in. David Park. It's a green Ford Torino" He squealed like a pig as Dom stared at him his silent stature terrifying the younger man "Please don't drop this on me!".

Shoving the sniveling guy to the floor Dom turned and made his way out of the garage ready to find David Park, he had questions he wanted to be answered and he would have them even if he had to use force to get them out of him.

Slamming his car door shut Dom knew exactly where he was going, he'd only seen one green Ford Torino around here, a car like that wasn't easily looked over. Dom drove quickly to Park's apartment building he knew he had both Letty and the FBI on the same trail as him and he'd be damned if someone took this opportunity away from him.