ELEVEN

After placing baby Nico down in his crib, Mia gave him a gentle smile before a familiar feeling quickly erupts in her stomach

After placing baby Nico down in his crib, Mia gave him a gentle smile before a familiar feeling quickly erupts in her stomach. "Com licença, desculpe," the brunette places a hand to her mouth before running to the bathroom and being sick.

Holding her own hair back, she sighed, knowing this was an awful time to get pregnant, but there was nothing she could do about it, washing her hands and face she turned to see Rosa waiting in the doorway with a sympathetic knowing look "ele sabe?".

Mia just glanced at the pretty dark-skinned woman and shook her head slowly, Rosa just gave her another sad expression before patting her on the shoulder as she made her way back into the kitchen to sit with Vince and Brian.

"So, where's the kid?" Vince asked with the smile he reserved only for Rosalie. "I bet she grew up beautiful" He chuckled before adding, "she's what? 23 now?" Mia and Brian only glanced at each other as Vince frowned "What?".

The brunette cleared her throat as she sat down. "Rosalie's dead, Vince," the gruff 'coyote' sat up straight his face dropped "What do you mean she's dead?" Mia gazed at her old friend, "she was murdered," it was the first time she was able to say that without breaking down.

"Fuck" Vince whistled as he glanced at the two of them in shock "How long... why was she?" he couldn't get his words out properly "not long ago, she got into a bad situation and she didn't make it back out" Brian answered, Mia reached across and held his hand as his voice shook.

Everything was quiet for a few minutes before Vince spoke up again "Did anyone tell Leon? You know he had a soft spot for her," Mia shook her head, sniffing "We couldn't find him, he's just..gone".

It was likely that he moved on to another team, but Mia wished she could find him if only just to tell him about Rosalie.

"I'm so sorry Mia," Vince said sincerely as he leaned across the table to touch her arm "I loved that kid like my own sister" the older man admitted as he moved back in his chair and drank his beer "we never should have left you two hanging."

Brian rubbed Mia's back as she shivered, no they shouldn't have, but what was done is done, and nothing will bring her back. Not even all the kind words or remembrances.

Rosalie was gone, and now they were all on the run.

Subtly Mia placed a hand on her stomach where she knew her baby lay; this wasn't the kind of life she wanted to bring her child up in. A child that would likely see 'their' world and want apart of it.

She couldn't do that to her baby, not after seeing how Rosalie grew up. She was a baby herself when their father died due to the racing world, and then she died because of it.

It was not a life she was going to bring this baby into, and she was sure of it.

:::

Standing in the gun range, I placed bullets into the empty gun magazine before lining up my shot, Owen had just informed us of a heist we were going on and seeing as it was my first one with the team I thought it would be best that I got some practice in.

Firing off the rounds until the gun clicked empty I sighed when a few of them weren't where I was aiming for them to be, I was good at shooting but still not as good as the rest of the team.

"You're off" I heard a British voice call out from behind me as I rolled my eyes, I should have known I wouldn't be alone for long in here.

"I can see that Deckard," I muttered as said man walked closer to where I was stood, he's been hanging around more than usual lately, and it seems to be only me that he regularly annoys "Don't you have somewhere else to be?"

"Nope, nowhere," He answered as I turned to see a mocking smile on his face as he stands behind me, looking over my shoulder at the target "not bad but still needs work."

I gritted my teeth as I reloaded the gun, trying to not let him get to me, lining up my shot again. I huffed when I realized that Deckard wasn't going anywhere.

"wait," I heard him mutter before I felt him stand behind me, and his hands were placed on my hips as he moved my stance a little before he touched my arms "now shoot."

Taking a deep breath, I tried not to think about the annoying handsome Englishman still pressed into my side as I squeezed the trigger getting even more agitated when every bullet hit the target perfectly.

Shoving the gun onto the counter, in front of me, I immediately spun around crossing my arms knowing that stupid smug grin would be on his face "I didn't need your help" I lied as I put on an indifferent expression.

Deckard let out a chuckle as he once again looked over my shoulder to the target "a small thank you will be fine," he taunted as he mirrored my stance except for that stupid smirk.

"You are unbelievable," I grumbled as I began to pack away all the equipment I had been practicing with before a loud, boisterous laugh came from the older man as he watched me scurry about.

"Hmm, a rare compliment from you. I'll take it," Deckard answered as I quickly glanced at him in surprise that wasn't a compliment in the least, "but you still didn't say thank you," he teased as my eye twitched.

Letting out a growl, I moved to walk away when he stopped me "it's okay to be nervous" looking back at him, I raised my eyebrow "for whatever my brother is planning. Everyone's nervous on their first mission," he explained after my look.

"I'm not nervous!" I called out as I tapped my chest anxiously like something was missing, the same way I had felt since Owen first rescued me from that hospital.

"I just..." I sighed as Deckard observed me without a teasing or mocking smile for the first time since we met "...you wouldn't understand," I mumbled, walking away, feeling out of place.

"you okay, kid?" Denlinger questions as I walk past him, setting up some tech, but I didn't stop to help like I usually would have, any chance to hack something I was usually game.

All the team was bustling about getting themselves ready for the heist, either finishing up some planning or getting their gear together, but I was the only one that seemed misplaced.

Blinking at the tall, dark-skinned man's innocent question, I just shrugged, having no clue how to answer it. "I have no idea," everyone seemed to stop at my answer and watch me walk away in silence.

:::

Com licença, desculpe - Excuse me, sorry.
ele sabe? - Does he know?