TWENTY TWO

Lusitania, Spain

Lusitania, Spain.

My eyes blinked tiredly as I stood next to Shaw, between getting no sleep and having to wake up earlier to travel into Spain undetected I was exhausted, and it didn't help that I had a bad feeling about today.

I knew Toretto and his crew was smarter than Owen made them out to be, I had a sneaking suspicion that they, along with Samoan version of Captain America would catch onto our plan quickly.

"Shaw, everyone is in place. All things moving according to plan", Jah announced as he jogged towards us, I gave him a small nod as Owen looked into the binoculars he was using to watch the military base.

"Good. Send him in."

Jah obeyed the order like a dog who had been through intensive training, without a second thought he quickly bounded back down the stairs just as fast as he had run up them, the rest of our 'team' were preparing the equipment we were about to use.

For the first time since Owen had picked me up out of that hospital, the silence between us was evident and uncomfortable "So first time in Spain?" Owen questioned like a boy on his first date.

I glanced towards him with a raised eyebrow that clearly read 'really?'.

"How would I know?" I asked him, letting out a small laugh when his face turns a subtle shade of red. "I hope not though, it's a beautiful place," I sighed, thinking to myself.

"And you speak the language," Owen added as he pushes my shoulder slightly with a playful look; he had been trying to gauge my reactions to him all morning.

Did he really think I didn't know his game?

I crossed my arms, attempting not to smile at him "Si señor" I was trying to act normal with him, but after what happened with Letty and Dom had me thinking my life was more than what Owen had told me.

But I didn't want to think that he would lie to me so easily.

Not only because he was the only family I had but because if he could lie to me, that means Deckard lied to me too. I hated to think that the two people I cared most about in the world could be playing me like a toy.