EIGHT

Dropping her keys into the bowl with a sigh Mia closed the door behind her after Dom found out about Brian using Rosalie to help the FBI and the two of the hashed it out her brother ordered her to go home like she was a child

She hardly said a word to Brian as he dropped her off back home, what could she say to the person who accidentally sent her younger sibling to her death but whom she still loved after everything he had done to her family.

Placing her bag on the couch, she froze hearing footsteps coming from above her, and for a second she let herself dream that it was her sister home after a long day at the garage, but when the footsteps didn't fade away, she shook realizing there was someone in her house.

Grabbing the bat she keeps in the closet for this exact situation she silent crept up the stairs bracing herself for an intruder and a possible need to defend herself, she knew she should've called the police but ever since Dom getting away the cops haven't been that civil with her.

Hearing a bang coming from her sister's room made her flare with anger, out of every room in the house, it was Rosalie's room that was being robbed.

Tightening her grip on the bat she nudged opened the door while letting out a yell and swinging the bad wildly as the intruder calmly sat on the bed with one dark eyebrow raised as if she had not a single care in the world "what are you doing?"

Mia stopped dead as she stared at the woman sitting on his sister's bed "Letty?" she gasped dropping the bat as she took in the older latina woman, the same one who would kick anyone's ass if they even breathed wrong in her direction.

"Sup chica" Letty greeted with a small smile as she rose from the bed and pulled Mia into a familiar hug, one that the Toretto girl reveled in feeling a little more whole than she had for a while, but Letty reminded her too much of Rosalie, and it hurt.

Letty pulled away first and sat back on the bed with a sigh as Mia gave her a once over, she looked the same as she did five years ago physically.

But she wasn't the same woman; her eyes were red and bloodshot as if she'd been crying and she was bruised like she had been fighting.

She was a broken woman now.

"What are you doing here, Letty?" Mia asked softly as she sat at the end of the bed where pictures of Rosalie has been laid out, there were baby pictures, photos of her with the team, the daddy-daughter dance Dom took her to, and even her graduation picture was there.

Letty stroked a finger down the side of Rosalie's graduation picture as a silent tear ran down her cheek, and it took every bit of Mia's strength not to breakdown too, she had never ever seen Letty cry "I shoulda been here for her."

Mia took Letty's hand in hers as they both mourned together "She thought she was helping you both" she explained as Letty gave her a confused look and Mia realized she still didn't know what had happened to Rosalie.

"She was working with the FBI to take down some big drug lords. Her only demand was that they let You and Dom come home, but the cartel turned on her and they...".

A sob left Mia's throat as Letty watched her in shock "She did this for us?" the older woman huffed as she looked to be holding back more tears "how could she be so..." Letty pinched the bridge of her nose before letting out a small tired laugh "she's a Toretto."

Mia chuckled as she wiped her eyes "She had connections everywhere looking for you, she didn't stop ever, and if she wasn't here she was working at the garage."

Letty glanced at Mia in shock as the younger girl nodded knowingly "she took over DT. She was the boss and god if she wasn't just like Dom".

Letting out a nostalgic laugh, Mia brightened as she thought of Rosalie "She was sarcastic and blunt at the best of times, but she did it with love. She was protective and loyal to anyone she considered family, but as soon as they crossed her then it was all mini Leticia Ortiz".

"Oh fuck" Letty groaned as she put her fists into her eyes as she began to sob "I missed five years Mi, I didn't see my baby grow up, and now she's gone" The latina cried no longer caring who saw "What do I do now Mia?".

The younger girl scooted closer to the woman she always saw and treated as an older sister before putting an arm around her "We do the best we can".

Staying cuddled together for a minute or two, Mia sighed heavily "you can't stay, can you?".

Pulling away and quickly putting a few items in a rucksack Letty shook her head, "Dom made it perfectly clear to me how it was going down. I'm just watching from the sidelines for now".

Tugging her hood over her head, Letty gave Mia one last smile before handing her a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

"Take care of him and yourself, I don't want to have to come back to kick one of your asses" The woman smirked as Mia smiled contently "See you around Mi."

:::

Typing furiously on the keyboard I huffed as I input more data knowing I was being watched, but I didn't let that stop me from doing what needed to be done, weeks of practicing had boiled down to this one moment, and I'd be damned if I failed the team.

The clacking of the keyboard was like a soothing melody to my ears, and I felt in my element, but I knew that this project wasn't going to be super easy.

The firewall I was currently breaking through belonged to someone I knew could have easily locked me out before, but now I wasn't as weak as I was when I got here.

"Shit" I mumbled seeing that while I was hacking my own firewall was being torn down, and I knew if I didn't hurry, I'd fail my mission. Redirecting my attention back to my hacking, I bit my lip as I entered more codes.

Finally getting through the firewall, I quickly input the codes I wanted and placed my hands over my ears before the big finale.

Hearing a manly scream, I laughed loudly when Denlinger pushed himself away from his computer, looking terrified when the face of a clown popped up on his screen, and a loud shrieking sound rang out.

Laughing loudly, I helped him off the floor as the others joined in my laughter, "You know I hate clowns" Denlinger breathed as he placed his hand on his chest as I continued to chuckle.

"I know, that's why it's so funny" I explained as the man gave me a small glare before holding his hand out for me to shake "Good job" he praised as I grinned excitedly.

This was the first hacking battle that I've won between us, Denlinger was the groups Technical Support, so it was his job me get back into hacking, and now I had successfully beaten him after weeks of failing.

Feeling the others tap me on the shoulder and give their praises I glanced up to see Owen watching us from afar as he worked on something that he was keeping a secret, for now.

Seeing me watching him, he gave me a proud wink as I grinned feeling strong once again.