NINE

Dom placed 3 white roses on his little sisters grave before standing back and giving a small sigh knowing he wasn't planning on coming back after taking down Braga, he'd either be in jail or dead too; neither one of those was good news for him

He'd done many things wrong when he thought he was doing right by her, and now this is all he had left, a gravestone and an empty coffin.

Living without Rosalie had never been an option for him since the moment he heard her first screams after entering the world, and now he was being forced to do just that, his life was taken from him in a flash.

He'd watched the video of her graduation that Mia had taken for him, and he couldn't have been prouder of the youngest Toretto, she showed everyone the meaning of family and stood up for what she believed in and she shined brightly.

Dom wished more than anything that it would have gone the way he always dreamed, having him and the family cheering her on and embarrassing her in front of her classmates, being the crazy family they were.

Instead, she got a broken older sister, missing family and Jesse's death hanging over her, and yet she stood firm just like a Toretto always does, she became something more than he knew he would ever be.

Rosalie grew up admiring and loving Dom, but truthfully, he admired her more.

She had always been strong, maybe not in the same way that he was or even Mia, but Dom would say that Rosalie was the strongest of the Toretto siblings. Even when she was a little girl Rosalie fearless and headstrong, it was something that made Dom proud to watch her grow.

Dom held his little sister's hand tightly as he walked her into the school for her first day of kindergarten.

Mia had stayed home trying to calm Letty down as the latina worried about the small girl and had tried her best to persuade Dom to keep Rosalie home for a little longer.

His eyes wandered down to the brunette child as her wide eyes scanned the building, but she said nothing. She wore a pair of jeans, trainers, and her favorite red t-shirt that had some kind of animated figure that Dom didn't recognize.

"Are you okay, Baby girl?" Rosalie glances up and gives him a sweet smile as she nods slowly as they neared the door to her classroom "it's normal to be a little worried" The eldest Toretto began as his youngest sister was oddly quiet "Mia cried on her first day of Kindergarten."

Rosalie let out a small giggle as Dom lowered himself to her height "I'm not scared Dom" she answered as he brother noticed not one ounce of fear in her eyes "I just don't want you guys to miss me, that's all" Rosalie grabbed her brothers hand "But I'm really not scared, it's just kindygarten".

Dom held back his tears as he let out a chuckle. "Yeah, it's just kindergarten, and you're gonna have so much fun," Rosalie nodding excitedly as she pulled her backpack tighter, jumping up and down. "You are so brave," Dom commented, squeezing her hand lovingly.

"Hi! Are you Rosalie?" A pretty blonde lady asked, walking up behind the Toretto's "My name is Miss Honey. I'm going to be your kindergarten teacher!" Rosalie gives the teacher a charming smile.

"We have a special place where you can put your backpack," Miss Honey motions to the Disney princess bag that Letty grumbled while buying "Do you want to see?".

Rosalie looks right at her big brother for confirmation, and he puts a hand on her shoulder to say it's okay.

Rosalie begins walks away with Miss Honey to the cubbies before turning back and running into Dom's arms. "It'll be okay, Dom," she whispered, pressing a kiss to his cheek before running back to the blonde teacher.

She waves goodbye to her brother with a smile on her face as he stands feeling emotional with the other parents "is that your little girl?" A mother questions motioning toward his baby sister's retreating form.

Dom gives a small but reminiscent smile, "yeah, she is."

:::

I stood in the boxing ring across from Klaus as he jumps on the spot taunting me, but my eyes were trained on the glass of the office overseeing the gym, Owen had been spending a lot of time in there, and suddenly another man had turned up out of nowhere.

I felt a shiver run down my spine as the said man watched Klaus and me in the ring with a handsome look on his face "Klaus keep it up, and I'll make you my bitch" I commented as I held a staring contest with the good looking stranger as my opponent scoffed.

"Rule one, Princess. Never take your eye off your opponent" Feeling Klaus boxing glove covered hand coming towards me, I grab his hand and flip him over with my legs wrapping around his neck as he lets out a grunted trying to get out of my grip.

"Rule one, Princess, never underestimate me," I hissed as I glanced up once again to see the impressed face of the stranger before Owen walks up behind him and sees my legs pinning Klaus to the ground before he lets an amused expression takes over his face.

"I tap" Klaus gives in and taps the mat as I quickly release him with the speed of a black widow, smiling when the older brute eyes me before holding out his hand and tapping my own boxing glove with his "you're good" he grumbles before leaving the ring.

"Yeah, I am."

:::

Walking towards the house with a grocery bag the last thing Mia expected to see was her older brother and her old love working on a car together, and she instantly knew what they were getting geared up to do, they we're going after her sisters killer.

Brian glanced up as if feeling her eyes on him, and she instantly looked down with a sigh, it's not that she didn't want justice for Rosalie, but it seemed like she was the only one that understood it wasn't going to end happy for any of them even after getting revenge.

The others could be arrested or killed for something that wasn't going to give them what they all genuinely wanted, but she also knew there was no stopping Dom.

Rosalie was her baby sister too, but the youngest Toretto and Dom had a bond like no other, and Mia knew that he wouldn't stop until her killer was gone.

Stomping off into the house she put the bag on the counter as she emotionally began to empty it as Brian followed her into the room, tears rolled down Mia's cheeks as she hiccuped breathes knowing that she could soon lose Dom and Brian too.

Snatching the last item out of the bag, Mia let out a distressed laugh "I hate this cereal, but they were her favorites, and I can't stop buying them because if I do...".

The brunette stopped as she slammed down the cereal and leaned her weight against the wood "if I do, then it means she's really gone and I can't, I just can't..."

As Mia let out a wail, Brian quickly pulled her into his arm as he hushed her heartbroken sobs as if finally she was realizing that her sister was truly gone, and now she was losing the rest of her family in one swoop.