TEN

"All rise" Everyone in the small courtroom rose from their seats as Judge Beatty walked up to his bench and sat before a guard addressed the room

"All rise" Everyone in the small courtroom rose from their seats as Judge Beatty walked up to his bench and sat before a guard addressed the room. "Please be seated," everyone silently took their seats once again.

"Please rise, Mr. Toretto," the dark-skinned Judge ordered as Dom stood straight-faced in his orange jumpsuit "I've listened to the testimony and taken into special consideration Agent O'Connor's appeal of clemency on behalf of Mr. Toretto."

Mia glanced at Brian who gave her a small nod "That his actions directly resulted in the apprehension of known drug trafficker Arturo Braga,".

The female Toretto swallowed as she watched on in hopes that the Judge would be kind to her brother considering he did what her sister had been sent to before she was so cruelly murdered.

"However, this judiciary finds that one right-" Brian shakes his head knowingly as tears well up in Mia's eyes when they realize Dom wasn't going to get a light sentence "-does not make up for a lifetime worth of wrongs. And as such, I find that I am forced to level the maximum sentence under California law."

Dom tenses his jaw, but his face remains passive. "Dominic Toretto, you are hereby sentenced to serve at the Lompoc maximum security prison system without the possibility of early parole."

Brian lets out a huff and stands from his chair, marching out of the courtroom as Mia watches on in despair. "This court is adjourned" Judge Beatty bangs his gavel, making his word final, and now Dom's life was destined to live on behind bars.

:::

Walking through the halls of the mansion, I couldn't help but wonder about the man I've been seeing hanging around, he was always with Owen, and it looked like they were keeping secrets from the rest of the team.

I noticed that the man never spoke to any of us except Owen, but he did watch us train, or doing other things like hacking or sparring. If he was here to help us or for a certain reason Owen would have told us, right?

The mysterious man took particular interest when we were all practicing our individual skill sets; such as watching Jah do his parkour, Adolfson shoot bullets into targets, or Vegh when she goes out to brush up on her driving skills.