EIGHTEEN

Feeling hands on my shoulders my chair was wheeled in front of a computer as Owen showed me the ID of the person calling him before nodding to the computer screen, I nodded quickly and opened up the tech application that let me see into Firuz's ga...

Feeling hands on my shoulders my chair was wheeled in front of a computer as Owen showed me the ID of the person calling him before nodding to the computer screen, I nodded quickly and opened up the tech application that let me see into Firuz's garage.

Watching the screen I frowned seeing the face of a woman that I could have sworn I'd seen before but I couldn't place her in my limited memory, whoever she is she was asking for information about Owen and that was enough to warrant our assistance.

Ending the call Owen huffed "Jah, Ivory go" the two men nodded before Owen's eyes caught mine and narrowed in thought "Rose you go too" I didn't question him my job here wasn't limited to being a hacker and the stuffiness of the hideout was beginning to get to me.

Grabbing my jacket I quickly jumped into the jeep as Ivory started the vehicle and sped from the hideout "What did we see then, Treacle" Ivory questioned as he sped through the streets of London, we needed to get to Firuz before the enemy realized his delay tactics.

"Two women" I recalled holding onto the door "could have been more but Owen didn't exactly give me any time to recon," I told the dark-skinned man rolling my eyes, I hated going into any situation with limited knowledge.

"we'll deal with it" Jah stated sounding so sure that it confused me but before I could question him we were skidding into Firuz's garage, if we hadn't known there were people here we wouldn't have been none the wiser, it looked deserted.

Following the two older men out of the car, we slowly walked up to the office as my eyes scanned the area for any potential foes hidden around, hearing two clicks I stopped dead and nearly jumped out of my skin as Jah and Ivory opened fire suddenly.

A bullet whizzed past my head forcing me to crouch and take out my pistol to fire back, I hid behind a metal unit and tried not to panic when I heard the squealing of bullets as they traveled through the air before thudding on the unit protecting me.

Taking aim I cursed when my gun clicked but no bullets came out "Fuck!" looking at the pistol angrily I threw it to the ground backing away from the gunfire until a body slammed into mine and pinned me to the ground.

Glancing up I fought against the grip of the woman I now knew to be Letty Ortiz, a romantic interest of Dom "Get off of me!" I screamed at her as she pressed me harder into the ground but made no attempt to shoot or hurt me.

"Rosalie, stop!" for a moment I did "It's me, Mija. It's Letty" I gazed into her deep brown eyes for a few seconds as we both stilled, she was talking to me like we knew each other and it pained me to say I felt like I had seen those panic-struck eyes before.

"Rose!" A shout for Jah was all it took for me to come out of my daze, lifting up my knees I placed my feet into Letty's ribs and kicked her off me. Getting up quickly I followed the sound of Jah's calls and noticed him running empty-handed with two men following him.

Diving into the underground tunnel I pushed myself to get away hoping my last few months of training paid off enough to get me out of here, hearing footsteps running behind me I knew it was one of three women for the garage.

I only knew one of them wasn't trying to kill me.

Pushing past people I ran through the subway system, I had to lose the tail I'd gained, turning my head I glanced back only to see it was agent Riley Hicks chasing me with a mean look on her face, a part of me was hoping that it was Letty or the other woman.

This one was definitely going to kill me.

Turning back I let out a gasp as I ran into someone "shit" I groaned as I was suddenly grabbed from behind, I felt myself being thrown against a wall before a fist was punched into my gut. She quickly turned me around and tried to grab my arm before I threw an elbow to her face.

Swinging around to punch her she ducked and struck back making me fall into the wall, she grabbed my wrist and locked a cuff around it. Punching her leg I quickly headbutted her before she could cuff my other arm "what the fuck!" I shouted out loud as she glared at me.

Bringing my leg up I kicked her in the stomach before jumping forward to grab her only to have her move and knee me in the gut and roundhouse kicking me in the back sending me straight into the tiled wall.

Dodging her knee I pulled the cuff across my hand so it acting as a set of knuckles "give it up" Riley taunted as she shadowed my stance, we were both breathing heavily but that didn't stop us from trading a few more hits and kicks.

Before I knew it I was being trapped in a head-scissor and brought down into an armbar, it was one thing to have it done by Jah who would let me tap out in a second but I had a feeling Riley was too into her pent up aggression to have mercy on me.

Hitting any part of her I could I tried to wriggle my way out but the more I moved the tighter her grip got, I did the only sensible thing I could think of before she broke my arm. Moving my head closer to her thigh I opened my mouth and clamped my teeth around the meaty part of her leg.

I bit her.

"bitch!" she cried out instantly letting me out of her hold in favor of holding her wound, spitting on the ground I quickly got up after noticing her do the same. I let out a growl before launching my whole body at her and smirking when I saw her eyes widened as we both fell and tumbled down the hard concrete stairs.

Groaning to myself I felt the few trickles of blood spill from my head and mouth but that was the least of my worries when I noticed Riley getting up quicker than I was, I backed away as the older woman loomed over me before she was suddenly tackled away.

Wiping the blood from my mouth I sat up to see Letty and a shocked looking Riley now trading punches "not her, you bitch" Letty seethed as she headbutted Riley before her gaze locked on mine and the cuffs around my wrist "run!".

Not wasting a moment I pushed myself up and through the trained doors just as they were closing, I gripped the metal bar of the train and watched as the two women continued to fight as my escape route was making its getaway.

I eyed an old woman glancing at me in fright and remembered that I not only was bloodied and looked like hell, but I also had a pair of handcuffs wrapped around one wrist.

Unzipping my pockets I shoved my hands into them before giving her a tight-lipped smile as I sat down"Roleplaying. You should try it sometime".

An undignified scoff was the only thing that left her mouth as the surrounding area filled with silence and only the sound of my boot tapping was heard. I waited anxiously for the train to stop again hoping that no surprises were waiting for me at the next station.

Arriving at the next stop I quickly exited the train trying to wipe away any remnants of my previous fight, I glanced over my shoulder every now and then expecting the stocky agent to jump out and throw me into submission.

Rounding the corner towards Firuz's garage I jumped when a familiar silver range rover stopped beside me and Jah's form signaling me to jump into the vehicle which I wasted no time in doing "Are you ok?" the man questioned briefly looking over my form.

"I'll live," I said abruptly to the Asian man as I pulled the mirror down to try and clear my face of any blood before getting back to the hideout, I didn't want anyone knowing that one of the enemies had to save my ass from being kicked.