Chapter Fifteen

I hear an animalistic growl and all the anger and confusion I held towards Derek is gone. I slowly back away from the loft door until my back is pressed to the wall behind me. I can feel panic begin to set in as my breathing starts coming in short unsteady breaths.

I lace my fingers into my hair pulling at it harshly, this can't be happening. I am going to die. This is it. "Stiles you need to calm down" I feel Scott place his hand on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me. I can't breathe! It's not working I don't know what to do "h...help" I choke out I raise my head ignoring Scott and desperately trying to find Derek my eyes find his. His eyes are swimming with worry "p..please" I beg and within a second Derek is crouching in front of me. He harshly pushes Scott away from me.

"Look at me stiles, just keep your eyes on mine" I stare into his eyes getting lost in them "just breathe stiles, you can do it just breathe" he reaches a hand out and brings it to my cheek softly cupping it in his warm calloused hand. The simple touch sparks something inside me as I feel my breathing slowly becoming steadier. "You're okay, everything will be okay" I close my eyes and lean my head back resting against the wall as I feel my whole body relax. Derek pulls his had from my cheek slowly "just stay here don't move" he says as he moves to pull Scott with him towards the door.

"Scott stand by stiles and whatever happens do not leave his side" Derek growls out. Derek slides the door to the loft open and the alpha comes bounding in attacking Derek who is now fully shifted. Clawed hands flaying and eyes flashing as they tumble around the loft clawing and biting at each other.

Derek gains the upper hand I feel my breath catch in my throat as Derek raises a clawed hand bringing it down aggressively and slashed the alphas throat in one smooth motion. Derek breathing heavily above him as he turns to face ya eyes glowing crimson.

"I'm the alpha now" He growls out making me flinch. Derek moves towards us blood dripping from his hand, his shirt is ripped and I can see deep gashes oozing he falters slightly seeing the fear I know is clear in my eyes.

He looks weak as he tumbles to the floor his legs unable to keep him up any longer. I start to slowly shuffle to his side "stiles. Don't" Scott pushes me away and holds me back from going to the alphas side "Scott get your damn hands off me he is hurt and needs help and god knows you don't know what to do. But I do SO GET THE HELL OFF ME" I shout at him and he visibly flinches from my harsh tone. He moves his hands and allows me to go to him.

I kneel beside him "Derek I need to take your shirt off is that okay?" I ask him gently but with an urgency to my voice he nods weakly and I begin to peel his blood soaked shirt from his torso. I feel my heart begin to race even with his wounds his chest is toned and almost god like. " Scott I need a towel, warm water, rubbing alcohol, some bandages and a new shirt." I order Scott but he is clearly in shock staring down at the scene in front of him "NOW" I bark he suddenly springs into action running around the loft and placing the items next to me.

I place the towel into the warm water and begin to clean the wounds of blood and asses the damage. I climb on top of Derek carefully so I don't cause more harm to the injured man my legs on either side of him as I grab the rubbing alcohol "I'm sorry" I state as I begin to pour it into the wounds he howls in pain as the alcohol burns I quickly wipe up the remains of the alcohol and place the bandages tightly over each gash.

"Can you sit?" I ask Derek cautiously he nods once more as he begins to pull himself up I pass him his shirt not moving from my place on his lap. He pulls the shirt over his head and I notice a small blush tint his cheeks as his takes in our position. My face inches from his and my body straddling his waist. "Um stiles I can get up now so um.. would you..." I cut him off "shit um yeah sorry" I quickly pull myself off him standing with my hand stretched outwards to help him up. "Scott you should go now. I'll make sure our alpha is okay he needs to rest" I state and Scott gives me a short nod before glancing at Derek clearly concerned for his new Alpha "I'm okay go" he mumbles but that's enough for Scott as he leaves the loft.

I throw Dereks arm over my shoulder and help him to his room and place him gently on his bed. I sit myself down on the edge of the bed trying to avoid his gaze "thank you stiles" I nod and get up to leave "please... don't go" he mumbles shyly and I turn to look at him "I'll be on the sofa. Get some rest and you'll heal in no time... obviously" Derek flashes me a grateful smile as he lays down and begins to fall asleep. "Goodnight mr Alpha" I chuckle as I walk away hearing him groan at my comment.

I sit on the sofa getting lost in my thoughts as I try to come to terms with everything that has happened today. Well it certainly has been eventful.